Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

POST-MATCH THREAD: Northampton Town vs Charlton Athletic | Saturday 2nd March 2024 - 3pm Kick-Off

Comments

• Options
    Keepers have let us down…..a terrible mistake WTF was he thinking 
  • Options
    Jones looks like he is going to blow a fuse!

I wouldn't want to be in his bad books tonight
  • Options
    edited March 2
    Great Post match interview from Jonesy.
  • Options
    Disappointing to not get the win as it would've put us in a good position table wise. This team has been poor all season so it shouldn't shock anyone we struggle to win games. Beat Cheltenham and we'll be in a great position
  • Options
    Leuth said:
    Thought our three CBs all had brilliant games, we've got such strength in that area now 
    Did you watch Thomas' second half? 
  • Options

• Options
    Yes Isted mucked up but our finishing was also well off.

The other results really did us well and there's more clubs now in the sticky stuff than before.

With Jones back Tuesday and hopefully Chucky on the bench what changes would you go for?

Cheltenham today didn't even have a shot on target....Tuesday, no question, has to be a win.

Yes, like most of us I'm a bit miffed but I never seriously thought we'd get 6 points from the last few games so we're in a better place but we must push on now. 

I watched the highlights of their Tuesday game and I should think the stats would show the same.
    They looked wretched.
  • Options
    We should have won, no doubt.
     It was also  a problem that there were no game changers on the bench. Each sub was worse than the player replaced. Let us hope that the high intensity play has not taken too much out of the first team because apart from Chuks there are no decent replacements to come in. Lose the Cheltenham game and we will be right back in it.

• Sponsored links:

• Options

Can't help but be reminded of the splendid tableau exhibited at Welling United a few years ago. K.I.S.S. - Keep it simple, stupid!
  • Options
    Tuesday is the really really important game. Must win 
  • Options
    Jones looked fuming 
  • Options
    Thanks Isted mate. £60 you cost me. 
  • Options
    You can sum the game up for Northampton by looking at their sponsor’s man of the match:

The bloke who came off the bench and scored the equaliser but did nothing otherwise.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Yes Isted mucked up but our finishing was also well off.

The other results really did us well and there's more clubs now in the sticky stuff than before.

With Jones back Tuesday and hopefully Chucky on the bench what changes would you go for?

Cheltenham today didn't even have a shot on target....Tuesday, no question, has to be a win.

Yes, like most of us I'm a bit miffed but I never seriously thought we'd get 6 points from the last few games so we're in a better place but we must push on now. 

I watched the highlights of their Tuesday game and I should think the stats would show the same.
    They looked wretched.
    Your dead right... No shots at Wycombe. Let's hope their shooting boots are missing on Tuesday as well. 
  • Options
    Reinforces for me that we must get a new, first choice keeper for next season. I’m not at all convinced by Isted. He nearly mucked up in first half too with one swirling by his post. For the benefit of @Garrymanilow above, I’ve been saying this all season, not suddenly screeching it. 

Two big matches coming up now v teams below us. Need six points from those. 

On the positives, new boys REG, Gillesphey, Small, Coventry all excellent today. And Coventry and Dobbo showed they can link up well in the middle. 
    Well he'd only played 5 leagues games earlier in the season so I guess you'd written him off by then? Cool.
  • Options
    If ever there was a must not lose game it’s the one on Tuesday 
  • Options
    It’s not as long as we stop Cheltenham getting 3 points 
  • Options
    ct_addick said:
    May had 2 golden chances to score……he is not looking sharp….
    I knew we'd knock it out of him!

Best natural goal scorer through the door in a decade.  FFS!
  • Options
    PWR.

Wasn't at the game nor did I watch any illegal stream so can't comment on the game itself, so just 2 general points.

1. We always knew we are light up front & without having Chuks to come on we are always going to be holding on. Somehow Nathan Jones has to get confidence into Ladapo and/or needs to find someone else who can finish off chances.

2. Nothing short of 4 points from our next 2 games will mean we are back in trouble again, especially if we lose Tuesday evening. Currently to table is looking better than it did a week ago but we need to keep that 4 point cushion between us and 22nd & 21st. 

Long way to go but I think it might go down to the last couple of games.