Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Charlton Summer Transfer Rumours 2024

Comments

• Pinch of salt when you look further down on who the original source was 
  • edited June 12
    shirty5 said:
    Pinch of salt when you look further down on who the original source was 
    Yep seems that way. Also sen another link for AMB to morecambe and Stockport 

https://x.com/efl_hub/status/1800639804289278043?s=46
  • shirty5 said:
    Pinch of salt when you look further down on who the original source was 
    Yep seems that way. Also sen another link for AMB to morecambe and Stockport 

https://x.com/efl_hub/status/1800639804289278043?s=46
    King of the Clickbaits that account on Twitter. A 1% hit rate on their transfer rumours that come true 
  • I expect we're going to say any player is available at the right price. So long as those prices are overinflated so we can adequately replace the outgoing players, I don't see a huge problem. 
  • Valley11 said:
    Just bizarre that some fans - not on here - are talking about offloading May. I get the point that he might not be a Jones striker, although James Collins isn't the athletic powerhouse that it seems is the NJ way.
    But the heartbeat of the team last season was Dobbo and May. Binning both off seems a bad idea to me and fans who think showing the door to a 27 goal striker isn't an issue, haven't been following Charlton long enough.
    100% Unless we can replace May with a big striker that can do the things May does, then it's a fail to sell May.

I'd also be annoyed if we lost Leaburn, but I think he's the more easily replaced of the two. 
  • Will be interesting to see what happens with Miles's contract situation, he's got a year to run so could conceivably speak to sides in Europe in January if he stays fit and hits form. Don't think anyone will come in for him in the summer because of his injury record. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Apparently Bayern are in for Joe Gomez, do we have a sell on clause or would that have expired when he signed a new contract?
  • If true, Etete would be an excellent addition. Not the kind of numbers that get the pulse racing but he’s only 22 and playing at Championship level. 

He has the profile. A bit of good coaching and he could be the next striker that every EFL team wants.
    " A bit of good coaching " he ain't getting that here is he
    Depends if we go by coach to away games. 
  • Dazzler21 said:
    Valley11 said:
    Just bizarre that some fans - not on here - are talking about offloading May. I get the point that he might not be a Jones striker, although James Collins isn't the athletic powerhouse that it seems is the NJ way.
    But the heartbeat of the team last season was Dobbo and May. Binning both off seems a bad idea to me and fans who think showing the door to a 27 goal striker isn't an issue, haven't been following Charlton long enough.
    100% Unless we can replace May with a big striker that can do the things May does, then it's a fail to sell May.

I'd also be annoyed if we lost Leaburn, but I think he's the more easily replaced of the two. 

No, it is then a fail to not sell Aneke or to not loan Kanu. 
    You keep your best players, whilst selling/moving on the weaker ones.  
    We have something like 3-4 billionaire owners, money shouldn't be an issue. The financial fair play rules in L1 are easily got around.
    Our owners lose £10M a year in L1, may as well go shit or bust before they lose interest and we continue on this pointless ground hog day of beige.
  • Dazzler21 said:
    Valley11 said:

We have something like 3-4 billionaire owners, money shouldn't be an issue. The financial fair play rules in L1 are easily got around.
    Our owners lose £10M a year in L1, may as well go shit or bust before they lose interest and we continue on this pointless ground hog day of beige.
    Who on earth are we going to sell Aneke to ? When you find out let me know so i can sell them some magic beans.
  • If the owners aren't hard up then Aneke is completely fine to keep as the luxury option. It does seem as though the new doctor from Brighton has reduced the amount of injuries so far. Maybe too small a sample to size to tell for sure though.
  • Sponsored links:

• edited June 12
    Dazzler21 said:
    Valley11 said:

Who on earth are we going to sell Aneke to ? When you find out let me know so i can sell them some magic beans.

He has a yr left, someone will offer him 2. We may have to cover some wages sure, but you are right in that "sell" was the wrong word, "move on" more appropriate.

• Leuth said:
    Dazzler21 said:
    Valley11 said:

What?! Leaburn's ceiling is faaaar higher 
    Only if he can get fit and stay fit.
    I'm yet to be convinced he can.
  • As a wise man once said WIOTOS...
  • Leuth said:
    Dazzler21 said:
    Valley11 said:

What?! Leaburn's ceiling is faaaar higher 
    Overall yes.

But that's what makes him a more saleable asset, we will never see his ceiling for us anyway, and his injury record means he's hard to rely on for fitness this coming season. We need players that aren't so fragile.
  • If the owners aren't hard up then Aneke is completely fine to keep as the luxury option. It does seem as though the new doctor from Brighton has reduced the amount of injuries so far. Maybe too small a sample to size to tell for sure though.
    If we don't need to sell any on, then I hope we only add to the squad in the positions we have good, reliable players. 
  • edited June 12
    a manager who allegedly can't accommodate the league's top striker in his system is not a good manager - that's you Mr Jones
    Has he left then..🤷‍♂️

No, I didn't think he had...🤦‍♂️
  • edited June 12
    a manager who allegedly can't accommodate the league's top striker in his system is not a good manager - that's you Mr Jones
    It may be something we're not aware of. I love Alfie, one of only two players in the last 3-4 years that I have truly felt is entirely beneficial to have in the match day squad. 
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!