Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Charlton Summer Transfer Rumours 2024

Comments

• Dazzler21 said:
    Valley11 said:
    Just bizarre that some fans - not on here - are talking about offloading May. I get the point that he might not be a Jones striker, although James Collins isn't the athletic powerhouse that it seems is the NJ way.
    But the heartbeat of the team last season was Dobbo and May. Binning both off seems a bad idea to me and fans who think showing the door to a 27 goal striker isn't an issue, haven't been following Charlton long enough.
    100% Unless we can replace May with a big striker that can do the things May does, then it's a fail to sell May.

I'd also be annoyed if we lost Leaburn, but I think he's the more easily replaced of the two. 

No, it is then a fail to not sell Aneke or to not loan Kanu. 
    You keep your best players, whilst selling/moving on the weaker ones.  
    We have something like 3-4 billionaire owners, money shouldn't be an issue. The financial fair play rules in L1 are easily got around.
    Our owners lose £10M a year in L1, may as well go shit or bust before they lose interest and we continue on this pointless ground hog day of beige.
    Who on earth are we going to sell Aneke to ? When you find out let me know so i can sell them some magic beans.

He has a yr left, someone will offer him 2. We may have to cover some wages sure, but you are right in that "sell" was the wrong word, "move on" more appropriate.

No team on earth is going to offer him 2 years, he will be lucky to get a pay as you play unless his injuries suddenly, spectacularly clear up this season.
  • Love it, Alfie gets subbed off in a couple games and all of a sudden him and Jones have had a barmy so bad that Alfie can't stomach to be around the club anymore. Don't worry folks, football is on the box again in a few days 
  • Is all this frothing all because someone said they talked to a friend, who knows the neighbour of Alfie's dad ?? Then someone posted on the other site to say he's off.

😂😂😂😂😂

• I absolutely love this forum's refusal to ever feel anything other than existential fear. Some decent sounding signings coming in, Jones reiterating that he wants his squad sorted by the end of June? Convince ourselves that Alfie May is joining Huddersfield because he was substituted a couple of times. What we all really, really need is CBT, but not the player.
    My old favourite is the (usually justified) cries about the lack of the depth.

Whenever we finally look like having depth and quality in a position (such as Edwards and Small) it immediately switches to two thoughts:

Can we play both in the same team?

Is the longer serving player being sold?

As a fanbase we can struggle with the idea of a backup player being more than a youngster or someone widely agreed to be average at best.
  • Sponsored links:

• Blimey, thought I was a glass half empty type but some on here have lost all perspective. Don’t believe these unfounded rumours re Alfie.

Question is what’s happened to the Berry & Edward’s deals? thought they were undergoing medicals two days ago.
    On Monday afternoon ‘football league world’ posted on my I-pad pop up news that the pair were at Charlton undergoing medicals with deals done, possibly just copied from Cawley,s article.
    Edit- Pete O’Rourke posted Berry medical was yesterday

Hopefully all will be announced soon but making news public before signing concerns me, could be agents mischief.
  • I absolutely love this forum's refusal to ever feel anything other than existential fear. Some decent sounding signings coming in, Jones reiterating that he wants his squad sorted by the end of June? Convince ourselves that Alfie May is joining Huddersfield because he was substituted a couple of times. What we all really, really need is CBT, but not the player.
    Tbf some of our fans have issues due to the last 15 years odd which have largely been a clusterf@ck. 
    I’m hopeful Alfie stays but I don’t think the suggestions that Alfie and Nathan have issues are wide of the mark. Some players need an arm round the shoulder and others need a kick in the arse. 

If Alfie did leave then I think the only situation it won’t be criticised in is if we get promoted. Anything less and fans will most likely see his departure as a reason for our ‘failing’.
  • CAFCsayer said:
    Would like to see us take a punt on Chris Conn Clarke

Surprised he's not gone anywhere yet. Still feels like a very very Peterborough signing. 
  • MarcusH26 said:
    CAFCsayer said:

Surprised he's not gone anywhere yet. Still feels like a very very Peterborough signing. 
    Apparently Portsmouth and Wigan interested. Position we need too
  • CAFCsayer said:
    Andy Reid/Lee Tomlin build and type of player. Someone will take a go on him
  • I think he’s goes championship then gets loaned out 
  • mart77 said:
    I absolutely love this forum's refusal to ever feel anything other than existential fear. Some decent sounding signings coming in, Jones reiterating that he wants his squad sorted by the end of June? Convince ourselves that Alfie May is joining Huddersfield because he was substituted a couple of times. What we all really, really need is CBT, but not the player.
    Tbf some of our fans have issues due to the last 15 years odd which have largely been a clusterf@ck. 
    I’m hopeful Alfie stays but I don’t think the suggestions that Alfie and Nathan have issues are wide of the mark. Some players need an arm round the shoulder and others need a kick in the arse. 

If Alfie did leave then I think the only situation it won’t be criticised in is if we get promoted. Anything less and fans will most likely see his departure as a reason for our ‘failing’.
    What they don't need is an arm in their arse.
  • Sponsored links:

• One reserve goalie and counting...

(Channeling inner Golfie)
  • edited June 12
    Redhenry said:
    I would be very surprised if we still have one, all the sharks that have owned us since...

As I understand it, the sell on was 20%.
    However we won’t be getting all that now because some of it has already been paid for full England cap/caps and 1st team appearances for example.
    Not sure how the mathematics work out or if there are any other payments that might have already been paid out and if so what for and how that affects the balance?
    Quite a healthy sum coming our way is my guess.🤞🤞🤞

• MarcusH26 said:
    CAFCsayer said:

Heard Stockport were after him.
  • Scoham said:
    Redhenry said:
    I would be very surprised if we still have one, all the sharks that have owned us since...

However we won’t be getting all that now because some of it has already been paid for full England cap/caps and 1st team appearances for example.
    Not sure how the mathematics work out or if there are any other payments that might have already been paid out and if so what for and how that affects the balance?

I’d have thought clauses for England caps and appearances for Liverpool are separate from the sell on %?
    They are. The sell on % is linked solely to how much Bayern pay Liverpool for Gomez. 
  • Scoham said:
    Redhenry said:

I’d have thought clauses for England caps and appearances for Liverpool are separate from the sell on %?
    You are correct, the sell on fee is a completely seperate clause. Usually worked out as the agreed % of the fee over and above what was paid, now "what was paid" may well include the additional payments made for England appearances etc. Would still expect a good £5m+ to come our way.
  • edited June 12
    For instance the initial fee they paid to us was 3.5m 

If they sell him for 35m, and we had a 20% of profit sell on clause, it's 20% of 31.5m so 6.3m

If it was a flat 20% sell on fee it would be 7m
  • Account has 23k followers:

• Scoham said:
    Redhenry said:

Yes, I agree and when I was being told I must admit I couldn’t quite work out what I was being told….sorry about that but that is how I understood it, maybe I have that part of it wrong.
    In a way it surely would be good for us if that’s the case, as it would mean more fees coming our way.🤞
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!