Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Charlton Summer Transfer Rumours 2024

Comments

• I understand both Ness and Jones been told they can leave 
  • Bayern after Joe Gomez according to BBC gossip. 
    Do we really think someone will pay money for Ness? Seems strange to give him a new contract a few weeks ago if this is the case.
  • Bayern after Joe Gomez according to BBC gossip. 
    Still have a sell fee on don't we?

Hopefully he goes for £150m

Be nice wouldn’t it. I’m guessing closer to £35 million 
  • edited June 13
    Would imagine this day in age he'll go for around 50m, 27 with 3 years left on his deal and they don't exactly need to sell
  • I think I read we would get a smaller cut from a foreign transfer as opposed to a domestic one.
    I don’t know if we are still in the frame for a percentage, or how these things work.
  • Sponsored links:

• Window opens tomorrow?

Hoping to hear some announcements. Anyone ITK able to confirm?
  • seth plum said:
    I think I read we would get a smaller cut from a foreign transfer as opposed to a domestic one.
    I don’t know if we are still in the frame for a percentage, or how these things work.
    Not the case, that's only in cases with tribunals with younger players (so if we offered a contract to Tyreece Campbell and he declined it, we'd get less money from a tribunal if he signed for a European club afterwards, compared to an English club). Incidentally that's exactly what happened when Aribo joined Rangers from us, we got less than if he joined Southampton from us
  • LoOkOuT said:
    I want someone at the back that yells and points when someone’s not in the right place or isn’t pushing hard enough. It shouldn’t be that hard ffs!
    The days of Bob Curtis,Phil Warman and Paul Went are long gone.

Class players went out the window years ago.
  • seth plum said:
    I think I read we would get a smaller cut from a foreign transfer as opposed to a domestic one.
    We get a percentage of what Liverpool get, assuming none of our previous owners sold/factored the deal.

We may not get 25%, if that is the figure, in one hit as Liverpool may not get the full fee in one hit from Bayern.

But for the sake of example lets guess the deal is £20m over four years.

Munich pay £10m now and £3.3m each subsequent year of the four year deal.

We get £2.5m now and £660k in each of the next three seasons.

Still a decent addition to the transfer fund or a big reduction in the losses.

Of course, these aren't real figures.  I have no idea on price or the structure of the deal.

And the deal hasn't happened.

What's Gernan for WIOTOS?
    WEADOWI
    Danka
  • seth plum said:
    We get a percentage of what Liverpool get, assuming none of our previous owners sold/factored the deal.

We may not get 25%, if that is the figure, in one hit as Liverpool may not get the full fee in one hit from Bayern.

Of course, these aren't real figures.  I have no idea on price or the structure of the deal.

wenn es auf der offiziellen Website ist
  • Sponsored links:

• seth plum said:

WEADOWI
    Danka
    The ex-Everton sponsors?
  • LoOkOuT said:
    I want someone at the back that yells and points when someone’s not in the right place or isn’t pushing hard enough. It shouldn’t be that hard ffs!
    The days of Bob Curtis,Phil Warman and Paul Went are long gone.

Class players went out the window years ago.
    Still possible to pick an 'Eddie Youds' though 
  • Ex Millwall  🤢
    Don't mind that but let's hope he's better than Terry Brisley. 
    Fine with this if true. Ness never kicked on from a bright start and I've never been convinced by Jones. 
  • Dazzler21 said:
    seth plum said:

VIOZOS
    👏👏👏
  • Croydon said:
    I understand both Ness and Jones been told they can leave 
    Fine with this if true. Ness never kicked on from a bright start and I've never been convinced by Jones. 
    If this is true I’d imagine we are pretty confident on Mitchell and Bradley or A N Other. 
  • Really wish we were at least showing some interest in for Marc Leonard. 

Just seen clubs have been quoted 300k for him, which is ann absolute bargain. Young, rarely misses a game  and massive potential sell on value. 
    Think the wages will be more of an issue. Saw whispers of Wrexham potentially offering 10k a week and obviously Birmingham are financially stacked.
  • Really wish we were at least showing some interest in for Marc Leonard. 

Just seen clubs have been quoted 300k for him, which is ann absolute bargain. Young, rarely misses a game  and massive potential sell on value. 
    It could well be that we are interested but he's not, for whatever reason. I expect he's not short of offers 
    So, not only are we having to replace around 8-10 players that have left we are now having to replace Ness & Jones......along with Fraser, Mcgrandells and all the other dross deemed not good enough last season. 

Good luck with that one then. 

Almost mid June & we've signed ONE player. A few more are supposedly "very close" with medicals being done this week, but in my estimates we need another 10-12 in within the next 2 weeks if going by Nathan Jones statement that he wants the squad all in by pre-season. 
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!