Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Charlton Summer Transfer Rumours 2024

Comments

• edited June 13
    seth plum said:
    I think I read we would get a smaller cut from a foreign transfer as opposed to a domestic one.
    I don’t know if we are still in the frame for a percentage, or how these things work.
    We get a percentage of what Liverpool get, assuming none of our previous owners sold/factored the deal.

We may not get 25%, if that is the figure, in one hit as Liverpool may not get the full fee in one hit from Bayern.

But for the sake of example lets guess the deal is £20m over four years.

Munich pay £10m now and £3.3m each subsequent year of the four year deal.

We get £2.5m now and £660k in each of the next three seasons.

Still a decent addition to the transfer fund or a big reduction in the losses.

Of course, these aren't real figures.  I have no idea on price or the structure of the deal.

And the deal hasn't happened.

What's Gernan for WIOTOS?

Based on your numbers then it would actually be 25% of any amount over and above what we sold him for so you will need to re-work your figures... IE if he was sold for £20m, we got £3.5M originally plus add ons for England caps etc so already have say £5M.  As such net increase is £15M and so the 25% would be of that number.

I hope he has an excellent Euros and suddenly has a few more admirers which drives the price up to £50M.
  • Window opens tomorrow?

Hoping to hear some announcements. Anyone ITK able to confirm?

Ronnie Moore is your man or take out a subscription with the Plymouth Herald
  • thenewbie said:
    Really wish we were at least showing some interest in for Marc Leonard. 

Just seen clubs have been quoted 300k for him, which is ann absolute bargain. Young, rarely misses a game  and massive potential sell on value. 
    It could well be that we are interested but he's not, for whatever reason. I expect he's not short of offers 
    Maybe he really really wants to be on Disney+
  • LoOkOuT said:
    Taxi_Lad said:
    I like REG. Thought we looked a lot better with him in the side but strange that Jones seemed to use him sparingly towards the end.
    You could argue, hopefully, he had seen enough to keep REG in his plans and wanted to give the other two a final look. 
    A final look that took a dozen games. Yeah right.

The same with Southgate playing a load of players in warm up matches for the Euros who he then dumps. Those 2 warm up matches should have been filled with players who will be starting on Sunday. Same with the end of our season. Should have played players who he wanted to be here. Get a team playing together regularly and you will win matches.

It's amazing your not a premiership coach golf. as you seem to know better than jones and Southgate 
  • Seeing on twitterverse and the other site, one in (maybe two) today and one out. 
  • Bloody hell, this thread is like pulling teeth...🙄
  • Sponsored links:

• Can't say I know much about him, but the comments from Lincoln fans makes me think this is a very very good signing. 

• edited June 13
    Bloody hell, this thread is like pulling teeth...🙄
    It’s going to be a long summer, save yourself the stress, and forget about Charlton, and focus on other sports T20, Wimbledon, The Euros,  and the Olympics, you never know, we might have signed a hatful by September!
  • Oops sorry, I forgot the golf and F1!
  • edited June 13
    -
  • robroy said:
    Seeing on twitterverse and the other site, one in (maybe two) today and one out. 
    wonder who the out is? AMB or Fraser maybe?
  • Bloody hell, this thread is like pulling teeth...🙄
    It’s going to be a long summer, save yourself the stress, and forget about Charlton, and focus on other sports T20, Wimbledon, The Euros,  and the Olympics, you never know, we might have signed a hatful by September!
    Have you seen how the T20 is going?
  • J BLOCK said:
    Can't say I know much about him, but the comments from Lincoln fans makes me think this is a very very good signing. 

Hope so, but they were also very keen on McGrandles who has been underwhelming for us. 
  • edited June 13
    I understand both Ness and Jones been told they can leave 
    So, not only are we having to replace around 8-10 players that have left we are now having to replace Ness & Jones......along with Fraser, Mcgrandells and all the other dross deemed not good enough last season. 

Good luck with that one then. 

Almost mid June & we've signed ONE player. A few more are supposedly "very close" with medicals being done this week, but in my estimates we need another 10-12 in within the next 2 weeks if going by Nathan Jones statement that he wants the squad all in by pre-season. 
    10-12 in 2 weeks sounds reasonable, glad to see youre taking your usual measured and calm approach here Golfie 
    I'm just going by what Nathan Jones has said and what others are saying on here about certain players leaving. 

And this weekend I"m more concentrating on 

The US Open
    The Euro's
    The T20 WC.

• Sponsored links:

• Davo55 said:
    J BLOCK said:
    Can't say I know much about him, but the comments from Lincoln fans makes me think this is a very very good signing. 

Hope so, but they were also very keen on McGrandles who has been underwhelming for us. 
    Indeed and that is being rather generous. 
  • Davo55 said:
    J BLOCK said:

They liked Appleton too!
  • Window opens tomorrow?

Hoping to hear some announcements. Anyone ITK able to confirm?
    Unfortunately the lock on the window has broken. Everest are too expensive to repair. Currently looking on my builder, but as things stand we are looking at a 3 week wait. 
  • edited June 13
    I understand both Ness and Jones been told they can leave 
    So, not only are we having to replace around 8-10 players that have left we are now having to replace Ness & Jones......along with Fraser, Mcgrandells and all the other dross deemed not good enough last season. 

Good luck with that one then. 

Almost mid June & we've signed ONE player. A few more are supposedly "very close" with medicals being done this week, but in my estimates we need another 10-12 in within the next 2 weeks if going by Nathan Jones statement that he wants the squad all in by pre-season. 
    10-12 in 2 weeks sounds reasonable, glad to see youre taking your usual measured and calm approach here Golfie 
    I'm just going by what Nathan Jones has said and what others are saying on here about certain players leaving. 

And this weekend I"m more concentrating on 

The US Open
    The Euro's
    The T20 WC.

I reckon 12 more total would be an absolute max number and likely 10.  Assuming Berry, Mitchell, Davies and Edwards are 4 of them and all are on the brink of signing and likely done by end of tomorrow then that would leave 6-8 more to go.

I expect us to leave some powder dry in case a real decent opportunity presents late in the window so let's say that makes it 4-6 to go in next 2 weeks. 

Suddenly doesn't sound so difficult and leaves the rest of the window to move out Henry, McG, Fraser, Isted, AMB, Edun etc.

All guess work by me of course and 10 would be based roughly off the following hypothesis which will be completely wrong. 🤣

First team
                                 new (Davies)
    Ramsey.     REG.  New.  New (Mitchell)    Small
                        New (Berry).     New.     New
                               May.      New

Second choices
                                   Mannion
    Watson.    New.    Jones.   Gillesphy    Edwards
                   Coventry.   Anderson.  New
                               Kanu.   New 

Other Squad
    Leaburn, Aneke, Taylor, Campbell, Assimwe, Z Mitchell, Ness

To leave
    Isted, Edun, AMB, Fraser, McG, Henry
  • Only one more goalkeeper to buy and that’s the defence sorted. 🥸
  • edited June 13
    I don’t think that’s too far off @Athletico Charlton especially if Davies, Mitchell, Berry and Edwards are all announced relatively soon.

I always felt we needed two centre backs to replace Hector and Thomas. Big Mitchell would be one. Perhaps we’ll take a look at Baby Mitchell and decide whether he can step up this season or whether he needs a loan.

I’d expect a couple more central midfielder options to come in after Berry as we only have Coventry, Anderson and Taylor there currently.

Finally a forward needs to be coming in quickly because we can’t rely on Leaburn and Aneke.

So to meet Jones’ target of having the bulk of the squad done by pre season, I make it the four rumoured plus an additional three in midfield & up front.

After that it’s about sprinkling the right 2-3 players on top before the end of the window, and replacing any unexpected outgoings.
  • The big questions for me are more focused exits rather than arrivals - both whether we do manage to clear out all those we want to move on, and whether we have losses that aren't currently expected, either transfers or injuries.
  • Seems weird that we haven’t announced Edwards or berry yet. Hopefully be later/tomorrow
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!