Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Charlton Summer Transfer Rumours 2024

Comments

• CAFCsayer said:
    Would like to see us take a punt on Chris Conn Clarke
    Not physical enough for Nathan's style
  • Alfie will not be leaving, put this one to bed.
    Not when they asked him for his opinion on a striker that will be up front with him ?? 

• Anyone thats ever played FM knows that % of resales and appearance fees/caps are seperate things.
  • Account has 23k followers:

Bullshit account. Tweets every 5 minutes on made up possible transfers 

• Dazzler21 said:
    Valley11 said:
    Just bizarre that some fans - not on here - are talking about offloading May. I get the point that he might not be a Jones striker, although James Collins isn't the athletic powerhouse that it seems is the NJ way.
    But the heartbeat of the team last season was Dobbo and May. Binning both off seems a bad idea to me and fans who think showing the door to a 27 goal striker isn't an issue, haven't been following Charlton long enough.
    100% Unless we can replace May with a big striker that can do the things May does, then it's a fail to sell May.

I'd also be annoyed if we lost Leaburn, but I think he's the more easily replaced of the two. 
    I get everyone's point, but if we sold Leaburn and May for silly money, 5-6 million for the pair could buy us a very good squad.  
    Knock that number in half and it's still very fanciful
  • Dazzler21 said:
    Valley11 said:
    Just bizarre that some fans - not on here - are talking about offloading May. I get the point that he might not be a Jones striker, although James Collins isn't the athletic powerhouse that it seems is the NJ way.
    But the heartbeat of the team last season was Dobbo and May. Binning both off seems a bad idea to me and fans who think showing the door to a 27 goal striker isn't an issue, haven't been following Charlton long enough.
    100% Unless we can replace May with a big striker that can do the things May does, then it's a fail to sell May.

I'd also be annoyed if we lost Leaburn, but I think he's the more easily replaced of the two. 
    I get everyone's point, but if we sold Leaburn and May for silly money, 5-6 million for the pair could buy us a very good squad.  
    I can’t see anything like that amount being received. Alfie is getting on a bit and although Miles has potential he needs to prove he can maintain being fit. There have been many talented footballers who don’t have the body to fulfil their potential 
  • Sponsored links:

• Would be a great signing. Has progressed very well on loan each year. Bromley to Lincoln  and only 22.
  • MarcusH26 said:
    Yeah the way the article is worded it sounds like it could be a busy couple of days for medicals.... 
    Dr Abbott will be a busy doctor then
  • Beginning to sound like things are happening...

• Sponsored links:

• MarcusH26 said:
    https://londonnewsonline.co.uk/sport/exclusive-charlton-athletic-eye-deal-for-millwall-centre-back/

Alex Mitchell close to signing from Millwall

I know someone mentioned him earlier in the thread 
    @Clem_Snide on 30th April, page 2…

https://forum.charltonlife.com/discussion/comment/5252682/#Comment_5252682

Cheers for digging that out Callum! Credit where credits due :) 
  • Looks very much like a right sided centre back judging by his 23/24 position heatmap… in fact so right sided that I’m wondering if he predominantly plays in a back three rather than back four.

• Talks well in that article. Mitchell and Bradley later in the window when Derby have found a replacement would be great business. IMO we’d have 5 very good centre backs then with Ness as back up to those if needed. 
    I hope Jones is the first name to play out of those. Think he could be the mainstay if given a run. 
  • Yann897 said:
    I thought he was a very good player when we played them away, Looking like some good signings. I’m guessing it’s close the way Rich has wrote that article.
    He said "keen" not "close"
  • edited June 12
    Yann897 said:
    I thought he was a very good player when we played them away, Looking like some good signings. I’m guessing it’s close the way Rich has wrote that article.
    He said "keen" not "close"
    Read the article pal. ( closing In )
  • edited June 12
    Valley11 said:
    Talks well in that article. Mitchell and Bradley later in the window when Derby have found a replacement would be great business. IMO we’d have 5 very good centre backs then with Ness as back up to those if needed. 
    I hope Jones is the first name to play out of those. Think he could be the mainstay if given a run. 
    Must have watched a different Jones to you last season. We currently have very average centre backs at the club. 
  • Jones I'm fine with as depth but I'm not that convinced I'd want him starting week in week out. 

If everything pans out I'd probably have REG, Mitchell and Gillesphey as my starting 3 as it stands. I wouldn't be surprised to see another left footer come in to challenge Gillesphey though. 
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!