Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Charlton Summer Transfer Rumours 2024

Comments

• If May leaves, there will no doubt be massive disappointed from the fans

If we win promotion next season, it'll be Alfie who?

WOTSITS!!
  • edited June 13
    If Leaburn came back fighting fit on 1st October, I doubt he'd get 20 goals. He's not yet a penalty box player. Next season maybe, but he may not be with us.

Where are we going to find a 20 goal striker, apart from the physio table?

Nathan, buy Yengi.
  • edited June 13
    If May leaves, there will no doubt be massive disappointed from the fans

If we win promotion next season, it'll be Alfie who?

WOTSITS!!
    Mmmm...Steak Hot Cheese please if you're buying...🙄
  • edited June 13
    MarcusH26 said:
    Would be up there with losing Yann for stupid decisions. Don't see how you'd replace his goal record unless you've got millions to spend on a striker. 
    But May didn't cost millions! 

For what's it worth, I don't want him to leave and I don't think he will. Unsubstantiated hearsay at this point.
  • Unreliable source says £200k for the Spanner defender
    Transfermarkt values him at €450,000 so I was thinking we'd probably pay between £2-300,000 sterling.
  • Sponsored links:

• I don't want to see May go, but May isn't unsellable. There must be a reason why there was so little competition for him last summer, and "bigger clubs" haven't been sniffing around him, despite him scoring lots of goals for 3 seasons running in L1, for average sides. 

The problem, as I see it, is that he needs to play in a 2 up front, as he can't play the Number 9 role in the 433 and 4231 formations so popular these days, and if a manager doesn't want to play some variation of 442 or 352, he's very hard to fit in the side, as he isn't a "creative" number 10 type player either.

Despite not having a prolific striker, we scored more goals in 22/23 than 23/24, as the wingers and midfielders weighed in more.
  • mendonca said:
    It does read like Mitchell has Jason Pearce like qualities.
    Good at faking an injury in the dying minutes of a game when we are under the cosh?
    and pulling another player's shorts down as the oppo tries to go past him knowing that pearce had lost his pace :)
  • Huddersfield bid for May 
    Source??
    Source??
    Peter O’Rourke on Twitter 
  • shirty5 said:

A Manager will either succeed or fail generally by the decisions he makes. 

You don’t sell a 25 plus goal machine to a team in your division unless you are confident enough to replace him and still gain promotion to the Championship
    But is it his choice or the boards? He might not want to start him but might want him in his squad. Where the board might think they can get 500k+ for a player over 30 
  • IF we sell May and the new strikers do not gel then both they and Jones will be in the firing line.

• Sponsored links:

• shirty5 said:

A Manager will either succeed or fail generally by the decisions he makes. 

You don’t sell a 25 plus goal machine to a team in your division unless you are confident enough to replace him and still gain promotion to the Championship
    But is it his choice or the boards? He might not want to start him but might want him in his squad. Where the board might think they can get 500k+ for a player over 30 
    All concerned in the making of this possible decision will either fail or succeed by the decisions they make. It’s their call. We as fans have no say in it, unless you feel that strongly about it and don’t go. (not many would do that) 
  • Think May must have brought a table tennis table and painted it in Southampton strip.😂
  • MarcusH26 said:
    Looking at the top scorers from other leagues unless we're about to drop multi millions on Macaulay Langstaff , Dion Charles , Colby Bishop or someone of that ilk this looks spectacularly misjudged to even consider. So what if he's not quite the right fit , you don't replace 25+ goals easily and especially if you're expecting Aneke and Leaburn to significantly contribute. 
    I want May to stay but in the championship to league 2 the top scores team finished mid table/bottom half. So is a 25+ goal scorer essential or a better team contribution more important to promotion 
  • edited June 13
    His stock is high.

In Nathan Jones we trust.
  • Well proven wrong about May potentially leaving. Regardless of Jones’ stance on him it would surely be ridiculous to let him go to a side who (if we are aiming for playoffs) would be our rivals in the league. A lower championship side, fine but not a league one play off rival ..
  • His stock is high.

In Nathan Jones we trust.
    I do think we’ve missed out on good fees recently by not selling at the right time. We would need someone better lined up though and that’s a big challenge 
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!