Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Released & Retained list 2024

"the following players, whose contracts are set to expire this summer, have been offered a new contract: 

While the club have the option to trigger a one-year extension on Thierry Small’s contract, the defender has been offered a new long-term contract. 

Tyreece Campbell has been offered a new contract by the club, which he has accepted. 

Charlton made a number of contract offers to George Dobson pre and post Christmas. The midfielder has signed a pre-contract agreement with Hungarian club Fehérvár. 

The following players, whose contracts are set to expire this summer, have not been offered a new contract: 

Richard Chin, Michael Hector, Diallang Jaiyesimi, Jack Payne, Terell Thomas, Lewis Ward.

The following players, whose contracts have expired, have not been offered a new contract: 

Kazenga LuaLua, Connor Wickham."

https://www.charltonafc.com/news/202324-end-season-squad-update

Comments

• Options
    Huge clear out, can’t believe Fraser and Mcgrandles are staying though assume it is just to much to release them and they will hold out for a fee of some sort.

Hopefully Small signs another longer term contract he was a real standout when he came in for me.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Reads like no way back for Dobson.
    I'm playing devils advocate here. I feel like it's a bit of reverse psychology at play.

"Okay George we offered all we could and for now we wish you all the best if you're not willing to make a U-turn for the deal you have been offered". 
  • Options
    Reads like no way back for Dobson.
    Absolutely, I can see it being a nice statement so everyone parts on good terms - if he's available in the future and we're still in L1 etc, maybe he comes back.

But he's definitely off.
  • Options
    Forgot Aaron Henry existed. 
  • Options
    Happy with the that. In the past I could have seen a celebratory tweet stating a "1 year extension" of TT or Hector but am glad we have moved on. 

It's also time we move on from the Dobson situation. The only positive that I can think of is that we have a chance of signing a new Club/Team captain.
  • Options
    Dazzler21 said:
    Still can't believe he got the deal he did last year. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Happy with that list, no real shocks. 

Need to get rid of a fair few under contract though, which could be tricky. 
  • Options
    Right decisions in my mind.

Hector has so many good qualities, but ultimately he was part of a defensive unit that was rubbish. 
  • Options
    Would've liked to have kept Wickham but totally get why it probably isn't sensible. 
  • Options
    :):):):):)
  • Options
    edited May 3
    Yeah happy with that.

Jones to be fair to him gave the likes of Hector and Thomas every chance to earn a new deal

Relieved that Campbell has signed a new deal, only CBT got more assists than him last season, even with his nose dive in confidence (Thank you Appleton), so its proof that Tyreece still has the potential, and would be a waste and stupid to have released him.

Wonder if we'll see another released list soon from the U21s? - Unless the likes of Jeremy Santos and Euan Williams are still under contract - No offence to either of them for example, but if they've not broken through yet, they surely never will?
  • Options
    fenaddick said:
    Dazzler21 said:
    Still can't believe he got the deal he did last year. 

Seems to have all the technical ability but none of the other side of the game. Couldn't get in a struggling (at that time) Crawley side. Would be very surprised if he stayed.