Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Released & Retained list 2024

12345679»

Comments

• edited May 13
    We’re a third division club that just finished mid table. I think it’s would be a concern if there wasn’t interest and some stpeculation around some of our players. We lost CBT to that end last season and I have no doubt that a few Championship clubs will be eying or at least keeping an eye on our youngsters and better players. Unrealistic to think otherwise. 
    I think most people would agree that getting promotion squads involves trying to find the best value and that means looking at some of the midtable dross and trying to pick the pearls from otherwise average squads.

Unfortunately, we ARE midtable dross who have got an average squad with a few gems. For all we can start looking at other squads to try and identify their star players, there's going to be others looking at us and seeing players like May, Small, possibly Leaburn etc and thinking they would do better in a better side. Which (let's be honest) they probably would.

We're not really the big fish of this pond any more.
  • thenewbie said:
    We’re a third division club that just finished mid table. I think it’s would be a concern if there wasn’t interest and some stpeculation around some of our players. We lost CBT to that end last season and I have no doubt that a few Championship clubs will be eying or at least keeping an eye on our youngsters and better players. Unrealistic to think otherwise. 
    I think most people would agree that getting promotion squads involves trying to find the best value and that means looking at some of the midtable dross and trying to pick the pearls from otherwise average squads.

Unfortunately, we ARE midtable dross who have got an average squad with a few gems. For all we can start looking at other squads to try and identify their star players, there's going to be others looking at us and seeing players like May, Small, possibly Leaburn etc and thinking they would do better in a better side. Which (let's be honest) they probably would.

We're not really the big fish of this pond any more.
    We’re definitely ripe for Championship clubs and above to pick our best but just as we’re predated upon, we are ourselves predators to I’d say the bulk of league one clubs and below. That’s the way of the football world. Big eats small. Was ever thus.
  • Does anyone know what sort of fee we might get for Small? I think he's not ready for Championship week in week out. If it’s first team footie he wants he should stick around for the next year here. If its quadruple wages benchwarming "doing a Parker" he should go. 
    I think we got a small fee.
  • Good to have that confirmed. I think we will really see him kick on next season under NJ.
  • I think he’ll go on to surprise a few people. 
  • Excellent news.

Sponsored his shirt last season.

Think he'll really kick on next season under Jones, who must rate him as he was the only player out of contract retained (Small we had an option).

Two years with another year option is a good deal for us too.  Not too long if he flops, long enough to get a fee if he does really well.
  • edited May 14
    Would be nice to retain Adigun and extend Leaburn, Mitchell, Huke and Casey this summer too.
  • edited May 14
    Excellent news.

Think he'll really kick on next season under Jones, who must rate him as he was the only player out of contract retained (Small we had an option).

Two years with another year option is a good deal for us too.  Not too long if he flops, long enough to get a fee if he does really well.
    Ness was out of contract as well, wasn't he? 
  • Sponsored links:

• Excellent news.

Think they had an option, like Campbell and Small
  • Excellent news.

Think they had an option, like Campbell and Small
    Ness did, Campbell didn’t.
  • Does anyone know what sort of fee we might get for Small? I think he's not ready for Championship week in week out. If its first team footie he wants he should stick around for the next year here. If its quadruple wages benchwarming "doing a Parker" he should go. 
    My understanding from discussions I've had with some who may be ITK is 300-400k.