Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

dale stephens villa bid

edited August 2012 in Rumours
any news other than on sky ?

Comments

• Can't see how a championship player could afford to buy a premiership club.

We're paying him far too much...............................................
  • Can't see how a championship player could afford to buy a premiership club.

We're paying him far too much...............................................

Unless he won the euromillions?
  • any news other than on sky ?

His brothers tweets don't sound too positive from our point of view

Yeah, try looking on the rumours thread. You're about an hour late :-)
  • Powell dug his heels in about Solly?

Stephens must go then maybe?
  • It's also a Mirror story, looks like he's offski.
  • Wow didn't see that curve ball coming, let's see if it happens
  • Would be a bit of a shitter breaking up our midfield that's won a lot of games for us, I'll only really panic if Solly goes too.. probably a 1m bid + we got Fuller on a free. I'd of took that before the start of the week I guess.
  • Just seen him and Paul lambert having a mac d's near Villa Park. Don't look good guys!
  • Just seen him and Paul lambert having a mac d's near Villa Park. Don't look good guys!

Eh?
  • Sponsored links:

Sober?
  • edited August 2012
    Well that's a surprise. I'm a fan of Stephens and I reckon he could be very good at this level, however Prem? No way but he could develop like Shelvey.

I would be very upset if we lost him but realistically if we get a good price for him (1 million plus at least with sell on clause etc) it won't be the end of the world and hopefully the board will re-invest the funds from the sale in the team.
  • Don't rate him that highly anyway tbf... Anything over 700k and I'd snatch their hand off.

Where mate?
  • Well that's a surprise. I'm a fan of Stephens and I reckon he could be very good at this level, however Prem? No way but he could develop like Shelvey.

I would be very upset if we lost him but realistically if we get a good price for him (1 million plus at least with sell on clause etc) it won't be the end of the world and hopefully the board will re-invest the funds from the sale in the team.

We'd only sell if we're skint so we wouldn't be reinvesting in the team, sad & worrying times (if true)

• Is this the same guy that many on here said wouldn't be good enough for the Championship?
  • I would not be surprised if the fee is officially 'undisclosed' as is the way these days.

No-one is irreplaceable so it's good business if we get over a mill and good for the player if he gets to join a very big club.

In his short stay at Charlton I reckon he's served us well so good luck to him if he moves on.
  • Not bothered he's going , luxury player
  • I'm bothered- has looked good this season.
  • Sponsored links:

• edited August 2012
    I don't think he stood out massively compared to any other player , if we get £1M for someone who cost us so little then that's good business .
  • We can cover his loss by bringing in Pritchard to the centre and playing Wilson wide right but if we get an injury - not good!
  • Stephens was an integral part of our success, he would be a dream in the Premiership with his silky passing skills.

He's worth at least 2 million , no add ons .
  • Stephens was an integral part of our success, he would be a dream in the Premiership with his silky passing skills.

He's worth at least 2 million , no add ons .

Really? Half a good season in the third division and three indifferent games, according to many on here, in the Championship.

If we are really holding out for £2m it's no surprise there are so many 'cheap' foreigners in the Premier League.

I'm not having a dog at you MIA, but I just think some of the transfers have gone mad. We only got £1.7m upfront for Shelvey.
  • KHA, we have to talk our players up, rather than persistently flogging them off for peanuts, I'm not his agent by the way :-0
  • edited August 2012
    Am I the only one who wouldn't be massively fussed if he went, especially if we got decent money for him (£1m+) ?

Danny Hollands is a better player, and played better last year when Stephens was out.

Where mate?
    His taken them down now which makes it even more obvious his offski.

1 said you will find out soon to a follower and another was retweeting a message saying he could be a prem player this time next week
  • se9addick said:

Am I the only one who wouldn't be massively fussed if he went, especially if we got decent money for him (£1m+) ?

Danny Hollands is a better player, and played better last year when Stephens was out.

No mate I don't think you are I would gladly see him leave for a decent pinch if it meant we potentially keep solly

There are many that think he is the next Gerrard but equally there are those that think he is slow , not strong in the tackle or able to hold players off

He can pass the ball no doubt about that but only if he has time on the ball I think he is naive as a player does not see things early enough

I seriously would not be fussed
  • Really like Stephens, quality footballer that I think would have stood out this season.

Be disappointed if true. No doubt all these rumours of sales are 'ridiculous nonsense' that Slater warns about...
  • don't want to lose him.