Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

PDC in talks with Sunderland EDIT : Appointed

That's what Sky are reporting !

Comments

• Bristow as manager and taylor as coach
  • Van Gerwen could do a job at the back
  • Not sure if the Sunderland players will let him rule then as he did at Swindon.
  • get ready for a trip to the Stadium of Gloom next season
  • SKY must be wetting themselves with this news. Paolo will give them headline news every day.
    Won't be their manager the start of next season
  • Now confirmed appointment.
  • Beat me to it, SHg. BBC website says it's a done deal.

Wonder what the Mackems will make of him ?
  • Ridiculous. I think appointments are becoming a case of who you know and not what you know.

Niall Quinn has steped down because of this decision and DiCanio's political stance.
  • Car crash waiting to happen.
  • Niall Quinn?
  • Sponsored links:

• Ridiculous. I think appointments are becoming a case of who you know and not what you know.

Niall Quinn has steped down because of this decision and DiCanio's political stance.

Didn't Quinn do that over a year ago???
  • David Miliband has resigned as well!

As well as who?

• so he didnt stand down as he had already !!

Every cloud...

• And milliband is moving to new york to manage a charity organisation as ceo

So he wasnt even going to be a useful board member

Good luck to paulo i loved him as a player and if we never got scp the pdc was my choice

The guy breaths football love him to bits wish sunderland all the best

Quinn is a two bob toss pot couldnt careless for him
  • edited March 2013
    Newcastle v Sunderland in 2 weeks time. Touchline should be interesting with him and Pardew.
  • And milliband is moving to new york to manage a charity organisation as ceo

So he wasnt even going to be a useful board member

Good luck to paulo i loved him as a player and if we never got scp the pdc was my choice

The guy breaths football love him to bits wish sunderland all the best

Quinn is a two bob toss pot couldnt careless for him

Not very fair on Quinn - he left the club in February 2012!!
  • West Ham mate is adamant he'll keep them up.. lets wait and see, should be entertaining whatever happens
  • I think he'll keep them up as an impact manager ... long term not so convinced
  • Sponsored links:

• I think he'll keep them up as an impact manager ... long term not so convinced

This
  • Don't like Quinn never have and can't forgive him for scoring 2 at wembley and making it hard for us to win the scum bag 8)

Don't change the fact I don't like him Since his media work he comes across biased and too much of a know all
  • surprising appointment, will be interesting to see how it pans out.
  • Milliband slips out the back door and heads for new money spinning career in the u.s.a.
    Cites being unable to work with PDC due to nazi salutes.
    PDC is full of passion and certainly has commitment so maybe this could work out.
  • Badger said:

Milliband slips out the back door and heads for new money spinning career in the u.s.a.
    Cites being unable to work with PDC due to nazi salutes.
    PDC is full of passion and certainly has commitment so maybe this could work out.

Wasn't a Nazi salute. Fascist salute. Still not great, but significantly different.
  • see you next year Sunderland. Wonder who will be in charg by then. Wont be PDC.
  • All wrong......he is totally unproven and lands a job like that --when all the other managers have done there time waiting for an opportunity and do not get a chance ...hope they get relegated with reading and Soton .......
  • surprising appointment, will be interesting to see how it pans out.

to say the least

• Maybe its a crazy enough move to pull them out of their current mess. I don't think the board care about long term at the moment, its all about the keeping them their for the cash bonanza next season.
  • A day early for April Fool's Day, IMHO. Roller-coaster going to end in a disastrous bump for all concerned. I feel for the Sunderland fans, who I still admire and respect after 1998.