Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Charlton join foreign legion as Belgian millionaire agrees takeover deal (maybe?)

Comments

• Curb_It said:

He's a bit mad according to someone who's a bit knowledgable in that field.

Psychiatrist?

• Murray may retain 10 per cent.
  • On the pitch tomorrow - lovely jubbly.
  • well theres truth in it then lets see this one through heh
  • edited December 2013
  • edited December 2013
    POW
    http://www.cafc.co.uk/news/article/20131228-takeover-talk-1260033.aspx

'The club are happy to confirm that negotiations are taking place for Roland Duchâtelet to take over Charlton Athletic Football Club.

Chairman Michel Slater has confirmed that: "Very constructive discussions are ongoing which we hope to conclude soon.”

A further announcement will be made in due course.'

• A good first move from the owners as a sign of intent would be to give Airman his job back. Would be good for the club and popular too.

Thanks - but this isn't and never was about me! There are plenty of good people who have left the club because of the way it has been run over the last 18 months.
  • id say that this deal is the proper one and not one that people were leaking, it seems to me that the leaks were made perhaps to get this one over the line
  • Let's hope we have some funds available for January.. Brilliant news
  • Sponsored links:

• shine166 said:
    Not all done and dusted then.
    Have we been here before?

• Not with an official club announcement I dont think ?

shine166 said:
    Not all done and dusted then.
    Have we been here before?

• So still in progress but looking hopeful anyway as it's made our official site, which I'm pretty sure none of the other rumours did.
  • At least he won't change our colour to blue

The pessimist in me says Watford mark 2, feeder club to his real love and a bit of loony politics thrown in. Charlton has always been a left wing club but this is ridiculous :)

Thankyou TJ and Slater for keeping the club afloat, done a fantastic job.

This Belgian Liberal Party wants to cut public spending by 30%, so their not exactly the same as our sandal wearing liberals!
  • A good first move from the owners as a sign of intent would be to give Airman his job back. Would be good for the club and popular too.

No disrespect to Airman, but much better first moves would be to give CP a new deal, get critical first team players on new contracts, sort out a wages/loans/transfer budget that gives CP a chance to strengthen in January. I hope Airman comes back but the new owner has quite possibly never heard of him and it is unlikely to be top of his agenda.
  • if this goes through I really hope that those who invested money and stood aside to allow the current owners to do what they have thus far, are in line to recoup, if so than u welldone merry xmas to you and your family I hope your return is not too much of a loss
  • Zabeel did make the site, but this is a very different proposition
  • Let's hope we have some funds available for January.. Brilliant news

Wouldn't speak too soon..

Thanks - but this isn't and never was about me! There are plenty of good people who have left the club because of the way it has been run over the last 18 months.
    Genuine question Airman, but would you go back if offered, or has too much water/bad blood flowed now?
  • Sponsored links:

• 14 million? Blimey, couldn't we have had a couple of bucket collections and bought the club for ourselves? Feel the Trust has missed out here.

Still as long as he doesn't announce on Sunday we're off to the Greenwich peninsula and that the Valley is to be sold immediately to fund the move and that in the meantime, we are to share with Palarse once again, I,m happy.
  • Clearly it's crucial to get things sorted in time for the transfer window, as getting relegated will definitely not be in anyone's business plan! Hence all the takeover activity at a time when most business deals are on ice.
  • Davo55 said:

A good first move from the owners as a sign of intent would be to give Airman his job back. Would be good for the club and popular too.

No disrespect to Airman, but much better first moves would be to give CP a new deal, get critical first team players on new contracts, sort out a wages/loans/transfer budget that gives CP a chance to strengthen in January. I hope Airman comes back but the new owner has quite possibly never heard of him and it is unlikely to be top of his agenda.
    The original comment genuinely made me laugh, most charlton fans wouldn't care whether they gave him his old job back, contracts and signings are the priority
    Very narrow minded view imo
  • Davo55 said:

A good first move from the owners as a sign of intent would be to give Airman his job back. Would be good for the club and popular too.

The original comment genuinely made me laugh, most charlton fans wouldn't care whether they gave him his old job back, contracts and signings are the priority
    Agreed.

Good grief

Would he have to give back the "despite my strong beliefs, I'll be quiet" money ?

• J BLOCK said:

Davo55 said:

Why? Is he any good up front, or strictly left wing?
  • I dont think its as simple as stumping up 14mil, running costs might need to be considered ....

14 million? Blimey, couldn't we have had a couple of bucket collections and bought the club for ourselves? Feel the Trust has missed out here.

Still as long as he doesn't announce on Sunday we're off to the Greenwich peninsula and that the Valley is to be sold immediately to fund the move and that in the meantime, we are to share with Palarse once again, I,m happy.

• J BLOCK said:

Davo55 said:

With the greatest respect to Airman, all of that other stuff comes first (in the real world it should anyway)
  • 14 million? Blimey, couldn't we have had a couple of bucket collections and bought the club for ourselves? Feel the Trust has missed out here.

Nah, we'll be off to groundshare with Ebsfleet so that we can be next to the Eurostar station, with its services to Belgium :-)