Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Proud Valiants - Charlton's first LGBT Group

Comments

• It's always fun looking at the responses to tweets like the one the club have sent out on these subjects.

• wouldn't say 'fun'.

good luck to them, and respect for whoever the lead person is prepared to put the work in to organise a group.

Fun probably the wrong word agreed. I think I'm no longer shocked that there's still people who think like he does and the inevitable responses no longer shock me, but rather make me laugh that some people are still stuck in the 1950s.
  • edited May 2015
  • "I'm not prejudice but..."

"Why do they have to shove it down our throats?"

"My mate is gay and he says that it's OK to....."

Since I see "Can I have a straight, married, normal (sic) group" has already been taken in this game of gay related phrases bingo
  • Hasn't LGBT ignored another letter or 2 - I got told off on here for not knowing what it stood for a while back but don't remember what it was.
  • Sponsored links:

• Leuth said:

It's always fun looking at the responses to tweets like the one the club have sent out on these subjects.

Andrew needs to learn a thing or two about his nation's proud history
    I was going to mention "Greek style" but I didn't want to get anyone who looked it up on their work PC into trouble : - )
  • Jodaius said:

It's always fun looking at the responses to tweets like the one the club have sent out on these subjects.

People like that need to support Millwall. We don't need them.
    Quite prejudice and assumptious
  • PL54 said:

Hasn't LGBT ignored another letter or 2 - I got told off on here for not knowing what it stood for a while back but don't remember what it was.

Let's cut out all the intervening stages and just agree that you're into sex, PL
  • Leuth said:

PL54 said:

Hasn't LGBT ignored another letter or 2 - I got told off on here for not knowing what it stood for a while back but don't remember what it was.

Let's cut out all the intervening stages and just agree that you're into sex, PL
    Aren't most people?
  • Addickted said:

Beware of Greeks bearing rifts.

I thought the Romans were fairly forthright - was Caligula Roman or Greek ?
  • PL54 said:

Some people are trying to shoehorn I and Q into the acronym but others think that the T works as a catch-all term for people who are T, I, Q or in between and the acronym is probably getting a bit long anyway, since everyone seems to recognise and instantly know what LGBT means.
  • This chap on Twitter is rather angry isn't he?

He's craving attention (and is unfortunately getting it). Probably best ignored.
  • PL54 said:

Addickted said:

Beware of Greeks bearing rifts.

I thought the Romans were fairly forthright - was Caligula Roman or Greek ?
    he was roman.
  • Looking at some of Andrew's other tweets I think he's a few chips short of a portion tbh.
  • Sponsored links:

• If I was "L" I am not sure I would want it to be assumed that I automatically had things in common with people who are "G", "B" or "T" and so on, such that I needed a special group of (what exactly?) to be bracketed into. What we all have in common is that we support the Addicks isn't it? Does a G Addicks fan have more in common with a T Addicks fan than he does with me for example?
  • If I was "L" I am not sure I would want it to be assumed that I automatically had things in common with people who are "G", "B" or "T" and so on, such that I needed a special group of (what exactly?) to be bracketed into. What we all have in common is that we support the Addicks isn't it? Does a G Addicks fan have more in common with a T Addicks fan than he does with me for example?

L's aren't being forced to join the group. Nobody is.
  • Good move I would say because abuse and prejudice hasn't gone away but morphed into more subtle ways of hate.
    If we ever got to the day when we had regular would yas (which I think are in poor taste, but I mention this for balance) on Charlton Life where females felt moved to say they 'would' with other females brought to our attention, and males could also say how much they 'would' with the males brought to our attention, then I would probably think we have moved a bit forward.
  • No need for it in my opinion. Why make a group seperating yourselves from straight supporters? And then moan about wanting equality

Good question, let's ask @cafcdave123 why he started the group
  • Well it does..
  • Isn't matt who posts on here openly gay? Be interesting to see if he feels like there is a need for a 'group' or whether the Valley is already a welcoming experience regardless of your sexuality.