Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Kent CCC 2016

Comments

• Options
    112-4 off 13

• Options
    Good win, need to win 3 more probably.
  • Options
    Unexpected win, I expected Somerset to make that total
  • Options
    Billings and DBD in the England Lions squad.

Not sure what more Northeast needs to do to get a look in....
  • Options
    Won by 3 runs, another great win, can we sneak through?
  • Options
    Didn't realise we were playing tonight. Good stuff.
  • Options
    Kent 148-7 (20 overs) v Gloucestershire 145-8 (20 overs)
    Posted at 21:18BREAKING
    Drama at Bristol as Kent paceman Mitchell Claydon is ordered out of the attack after the first ball of the final over, having bowled a second delivery above waist-high in his spell.

It's a free hit for Gloucestershire, with David Griffiths given the task of completing the over, from which Tom Smith scrapes a second run.

Three singles follow, and then Benny Howell is caught by Alex Blake off a no-ball, but is run out for 37 attempting a second run.

If you're following all this, there are still two balls left with six runs needed, and Liam Norwell plays and misses. Glos need six off the final ball to win and Norwell can only manage two. Their five-match winning run comes to an end. Phew!!
  • Options
    Wow. Fanny didn't go I take it :-)
  • Options
    CHG said:

Won by 3 runs, another great win, can we sneak through?

Our best chance of success this year does look like the CC...where that loss against Essex could be crucial...
  • Options

Wow. Fanny didn't go I take it :-)

Oh ye of little faith !!!!

" The Fanackapans on Tour" T shirts were proudly worn at both Taunton and Bristol , I'll have you know and the lads all came over to clap us as soon as the matches finished .....NOT.

Seriously, a pleasure to be at both and our boys did us proud with some very decent individual performances.

Am seriously liking young Sam NE as both captain and no 3 batsman - long may he continue in both roles.

Both matches had me biting my nails, and was ready to start on my toenails as the last overs began but the opposition capitulated thankfully.

So, onwards to The Nevill Ground on Friday , just around the corner from here , where I doubt that our luck will hold against the old enemy.

But we live in hope !

Hope to see you there....

:smile:

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    Is anybody going to the T20 against Surrey at Tunbridge Wells on Friday?
  • Options

Seb and I will.
  • Options

Seb and I will.
    Hoping to get my hands on some tickets via my Dad's sponsorship.

I've never been to this ground - should be good.
  • Options
    I'll be there. Also hoping to go Monday for the CC game
  • Options

Seb and I will.

My eldest son bought the two of us season tickets for the T20s but we've only been able to go to two so far because of Seb's playing commitments. Couldn't believe it when I heard they'd sold out but I suppose that's a reflection of the ground's capacity. Didn't have that issue when the U13s played there a few weeks ago!
  • Options
    What do we reckon about our chances then?

Win our last three and sneak into the quarters? :-)
  • Options

Think we will need to do just that to have any chance of qualifying.
  • Options

Think we will need to do just that to have any chance of qualifying.
    The fact we're playing 2 teams above us gives us more of a chance I suppose.
  • Options
    Love Tunbridge Wells. Lovely ground, my local ground and always a great week's cricket. Unfortunately I can't make it all this year. Gutted.
  • Options

Seb and I will.

My eldest son bought the two of us season tickets for the T20s but we've only been able to go to two so far because of Seb's playing commitments. Couldn't believe it when I heard they'd sold out but I suppose that's a reflection of the ground's capacity. Didn't have that issue when the U13s played there a few weeks ago!
    I hadn't realised that this Friday's game was sold out! It must have been the CAMRA tent :-)
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Yep will be there Friday with @GlassHalfFull
  • Options
    The Fanackapans will be there.
  • Options

Seb and I will.

you do realise that members can get in anyway. This also applies to anyone who has a 6 pack or whatever they call them.
  • Options
    redman said:

Seb and I will.

you do realise that members can get in anyway. This also applies to anyone who has a 6 pack or whatever they call them.
    Thanks Redman I did - three friends who aren't members were going to come with us but left it too late hence the comment about being "sold out". The only being able to go to two games was more of a reflection that my eldest son has wasted money in buying the season tickets for us - we are going to struggle to make any of the one day games too that are included in the package. Seb qualifies as a Member for free as he is a Kent age group player but, as with all things Kent, we have only had that information through this week!
  • Options
    We are going to be rather short in the not too distant future - Latham has left, Rabada will be going soon, Coles is suspended, Billings and D B-D are involved with the Lions. Wonder if we will get another overseas in for the end of the season.
  • Options

We are going to be rather short in the not too distant future - Latham has left, Rabada will be going soon, Coles is suspended, Billings and D B-D are involved with the Lions. Wonder if we will get another overseas in for the end of the season.

Oh goody !

At least you can't blame for that!

• Options

Oh goody !

BREAKING: Kent captain Sam Northeast says he wants to play for Surrey next season. Quoted, he says "Playing for Surrey would be a huge honour and if I want to better myself I will have to move away from Kent."

Well done @Fanny Fanackapan, you've done it again...

• Options

Oh goody !

BREAKING: Kent captain Sam Northeast says he wants to play for Surrey next season. Quoted, he says "Playing for Surrey would be a huge honour and if I want to better myself I will have to move away from Kent."

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO !!!!

Is this a late April Fool's attempt ?

• Options

Oh goody !

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO !!!!

Is this a late April Fool's attempt ?

I read that as "lame" at first, which I thought was a bit harsh! :-)
  • Options

I thought Latham was with us for the whole season?