Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Charlton v Millwall | Fri 03 Jul 2020| Post-match thread

Comments

• Options
    Beaten by a better team and a better run club. Been watching this fixture since 68, since that time how many boardroom based crisis and subsequent starvation of resources have our Managers faced. Millwall in that time have, to my memory, faced only one and that year we beat them home and away. This is nothing to do with a curse, it is a fact of a poorly run football club.
  • Options
    I did wonder about the music during Rowett's pre-match interview. Seemed pretty blatant to me at the time.
  • Options
    Sage said:

Tactically, the change to bring on Field for Morgan, whether he was injured or not, was completely wrong. Morgan was the only player in our team yesterday capable of playing the ball forward, able to cut open a defence with a pass, or pass forward to force our strikers to make the runs that hurt the opposition. As soon as Field is his replacement, it’s defensive and we result to going long. That suits Millwall. If Morgan had to come off, Forster-Caskey is the natural change here.

Agreed. Has Bowyer actually said why Morgan was substituted, whether it was for a knock or tactical, as it was a strange replacement. A team with 2 holding/engine room midfielders (Cullen and Field), 3 defensive CBs and a right footed CB at left WB is hardly going to scare the opposition.

• Options
    Stupid bloody behavior, if our manager has had any part of that then he should apologize to Millwall, most of us know Millwall fans and it's embarrassing to try to explain that nonsense.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Death
    Taxes
    Charlton  not showing up against Millwall
  • Options
    No one ‘bottled’ it.
    They are a bogey side marginally better than us on the night.

Shame on Taylor. He would have made the difference.
    There are bogey sides and then there's a massive shit stain of a record. Our record against some of the top sides in this country is better than our record against Millwall, and our record against Palace isn't much better but at least I've seen us beat them a few times. I missed the 95/96 games. I'm still not buying this 24 years stuff though. For the first 14 of those years we were unbeaten against them cos we didn't play them. Our 1st loss that snapped that was the 4-0 march 2010.

Need the football gods to smile on us today, but knowing our luck Stoke will win, hudds will win and we will shit ourselves against Brentford, happy days
  • Options
    Only had one person gloat over WhatsApp and he is a Palace weirdo.
  • Options
    Didn’t look like scoring at all. Had that down a 0-0 throughout. 

At the start of league 1 last season we had Taylor, Grant, Vetokele, Fosu, Aribo. None of our current opportunities are as good as any of them. 

If we carry on with that style of team trying to scrap a lucky 1-0. Will we get a couple of draws and maybe one win. Is that enough to keep us up? 
  • Options
    edited July 2020
    Where did the crowd noise come from on Sky last night?
    Didn’t we produce our own for the QPR fixture?
    last night I could hear Naby Sarr being sung and millwall millwall millwall millwall 
    Ollywozere 
  • Options
    last night I could hear Naby Sarr being sung and millwall millwall millwall millwall 
    Ollywozere 
    Last night’s crowd noise was all controlled by Sky and was only on the broadcast. We weren’t allowed to pipe any through into the stadium itself.
  • Options
    MrLargo said:
    We beat Millwall when I was 12 years old.
    We beat Millwall when I was 15 years old.
    We beat Millwall when I was 16 years old.

That's it. I am now 40. Depressing.

And our strikers' finishing was pathetic.

Morgan had one, possibly two shots where he hit it properly - he smashed it, like you should do in a derby. If it doesn't go on then it might hit one of these tossers in the face. 

But Hemed and Bonne, I haven't seen such timid shooting since the Spongefoot era. Feeble.

Both of my sons have never seen us beat Millwall!
  • Options
    It’s gonna be a long day , I’ve got on the chocolate early so it’s gonna get messy .
    scum fixture fallout 
  • Options
    Too many shit players in our team , scum more than good enough to beat us .
    We can’t rely on Lady Luck to keep us up 
    our own shitness   Due to wank ownership beyond belief will see us down and if by a miracle it’s not this season it will be next .

i genuinely hate Charlton with a passion after every lame performance against them c***s we all knew it was coming once the game had started and we fluffed the Bonne chance 

as the game Went on I got more agitated , swearing at the kids , tv , dogs , Charlton ,scum ,the wind , Rain, the tv remote and then once they stuck the knife in you knew our attempt to get back in the game would be weaker than a girls u-7 netball Team .

fuck Charlton for doing this to me and my fucked up head .
    havent picked my phone up since ht cos I can’t be having any contact cos I’d launch the phone .

sympathy shag from the Mrs took my mind away from the pain for a few seconds 

now I’m on the bog all shrivelled up and deflated 

fuck you Charlton you pathetic c***s 

we haven’t got a goal in us it’s all over 

70% down ...30% not down 

I’m 100% down 
    Well at least someone had a happy ending last night.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Ollywozere 
    Last night’s crowd noise was all controlled by Sky and was only on the broadcast. We weren’t allowed to pipe any through into the stadium itself.
    I think it showed!
  • Options
    how many times this season has LB lamented that we didn't take our chances -too many, suggest we try Davidson after the Brentford game as he can't be any worse than the others.
  • Options
    As Bowyer would say when it comes to the squad he has to work with "It is what it is!"

Nothing constructive to say about last night. Move on to Brentford. 
  • Options
    Too many shit players in our team , scum more than good enough to beat us .
    We can’t rely on Lady Luck to keep us up 
    our own shitness   Due to wank ownership beyond belief will see us down and if by a miracle it’s not this season it will be next .

i genuinely hate Charlton with a passion after every lame performance against them c***s we all knew it was coming once the game had started and we fluffed the Bonne chance 

as the game Went on I got more agitated , swearing at the kids , tv , dogs , Charlton ,scum ,the wind , Rain, the tv remote and then once they stuck the knife in you knew our attempt to get back in the game would be weaker than a girls u-7 netball Team .

fuck Charlton for doing this to me and my fucked up head .
    havent picked my phone up since ht cos I can’t be having any contact cos I’d launch the phone .

sympathy shag from the Mrs took my mind away from the pain for a few seconds 

now I’m on the bog all shrivelled up and deflated 

fuck you Charlton you pathetic c***s 

we haven’t got a goal in us it’s all over 

70% down ...30% not down 

I’m 100% down 
    The only thing I was looking forward to post-match was your comment @oohaahmortimer.
    You didn't disappoint.
  • Options
    edited July 2020
    Usual performance for the fixture. No goals, no guts, no chance. If we manage another two goals this season I will be amazed. 

If there is a positive, and it’s minute, is that the players won’t have picked up on the disgust and embarrassment from the terraces.