Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

You know you're getting old when.

Comments

• edited November 2020
    Up 4 times for a pee last night. :/
    It is when you get so old and slow, you do not get out of bed quickly enough  :)...................I am not talking about me
  • You mention antimacassars in conversation and get blank looks.
  • iainment said:
    You mention antimacassars in conversation and get blank looks.
    I must admit I had to look that up.
  • iainment said:
    I must admit I had to look that up.
    You’re not getting old then. 😊
  • Even if I was old o wouldn’t know what it was. 
  • When you remember how much the FA Cup meant to fans. If you were drawn against a side in the same division the cup-tie drew a considerably larger attendance.
    Compare and contrast the 1969 Crystal Palace 3rd round FA Cup tie with today.

I know COVID -19 and the local derby element too make a difference but back then the attitude to the FA Cup in general was very different. It was just as important a condideration as the league.
  • iainment said:
    When you read this and think it says antimascara and just another make up product.
  • Sponsored links:

• LenGlover said:
    When you remember how much the FA Cup meant to fans. If you were drawn against a side in the same division the cup-tie drew a considerably larger attendance.
    Compare and contrast the 1969 Crystal Palace 3rd round FA Cup tie with today.

I know COVID -19 and the local derby element too make a difference but back then the attitude to the FA Cup in general was very different. It was just as important a condideration as the league.
    Happy days Len, sadly no more however we need to be grateful we were around to witness great FA Cup days, feel sorry for the young ones nowadays.
  • fadgadget said:
    When you start to struggle opening a bloody crisp packet , give up and go for the Scissors .
    When you’re too bloody minded to go for the scissors from the start instead of trying to open the packet without them and end up ripping the bag open and spilling the contents everywhere.
    Then you eat them anyway.

• Up 4 times for a pee last night. :/
    From one baldy bonce to another and without wanting to cause unnecessary panic, unless you’ve been on the booze, I’d get down to my GP and get a check for diabetes!
    From one baldy bonce to another and without wanting to cause unnecessary panic, unless you’ve been on the booze, I’d get down to my GP and get a check for diabetes!
    Enlarged prostate is the usual cause.
  • Thanks @Stuart_the_Red and @SoundAsa£
    Tests i had booked for earlier in the year were cancelled due to the first lockdown, getting a Dr's appointment now is nigh on impossible but i'm being persistant.
    Enlarged prostate is the usual cause.
    Has this problem, plus leaking after peeing, was an enlarged prostrate, which I got an operation for, completely successful, one small problem after, (which I was pleased with).
  • Thanks @Stuart_the_Red and @SoundAsa£
    Tests i had booked for earlier in the year were cancelled due to the first lockdown, getting a Dr's appointment now is nigh on impossible but i'm being persistant.
    As you said - 4 times a night is persistent 😉
  • When looking at a very nice over fifties apartment for someone else, I suddenly thought, this would do me, oh f...
  • Perking up when I received an email listing my Saga benefits ... then I read the script  :/ .  Pleasure is so fleeting these days.

• Sponsored links:

• When Ian Botham’s grandson is called up into the Wales rugby squad 
  • When you walk gingerly down the stairs, remembering when you used to rundown them.
  • Solidgone said:
    Choosing a shopping trolley over a basket. 
    Using a shopping trolley than a carrier bag. 
  • The you see things that aren't there and don't see things that are there. I've only just realised that @guinnessaddick's avatar is a picture of two mugs, on on top of the other. I always thought it was a chimp wearing a Charlton hat.
  • When the 25th anniversary edition of an album I got when originally released, is 22 years old itself.
  • When the manager of the team you support, is younger than you.
    Happy 44th LB.
  • Solidgone said:
    Choosing a shopping trolley over a basket. 
    When you only need a loaf of bread and a pint of milk.