Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Season tickets 2021/22 (22nd July - 9,000 sold).

Comments

• edited July 2021
    ButtleJR said:
    Is the 20% off one drink thing only for one match? If so that's ridiculous 😂
    Yep. I can't have been the only person that thought it was 20% off a drink for each game.

The actual saving here is about 80p over the course of a season!
    To me that was how it was marketed! Completely agree, oh well 😂
  • 20% off the price of a triple Bacardi & coke sounds good
  • Even the club shop discount is for a maximum of a £100 purchase on a specific weekend in September. No problem at all with the club trying to increase revenue but these moves just look amateurish 
  • edited July 2021
    That drink discount is a joke. What’s the point? 

It’s like giving an employee a £2.50 bonus, might as well not have it
  • Dont think there was any issue with the marketing myself, just think people need to read better 🤣🤣

The brochure clearly said A matchday not every matchday 

• TeeC said:
    Even the club shop discount is for a maximum of a £100 purchase on a specific weekend in September. No problem at all with the club trying to increase revenue but these moves just look amateurish 
    Borderline fraudulent.
  • edited July 2021
    Matchday very ambiguous given the chosen day appears to be a 'night' game!

Cant see many people actually redeeming that on a cold Tuesday night in December.
  • Sponsored links:

• Matchday very ambiguous given the chosen day appears to be a 'night' game!

Cant see many people actually redeeming that on a cold Tuesday night in December.
    Almost like it's on purpose.

I suppose you can use it on hot drinks.
  • It wasn't a big deal for me, but the wording is slightly ambiguous.

I'm certainly surprised that the drink discount is actually allotted for a specific date, rather than being flexible to use whenever you want.
  • edited July 2021
    It would make more sense and would have been a nice gesture of goodwill to give one free drink on one singular match day this season. 

The ambiguous wording looks designed to hoodwink fans into purchasing the early-bird season tickets. 

I don’t particularly care as I don’t drink but it does leave a bitter taste (ironically, so does the kiosk beer).
  • Well it seems I misread it too. I suppose logic dictates that as it is 20% off one drink, it has to be done by way of a voucher which you hand in. And they were not going to be handing out 23 vouchers.
    However it makes a bit of a mockery of the use and redeem throughout the season quote.

However the ASA rules are clear: Marketing communications must not materially mislead or be likely to do so.  I'd suggest that a complaint to the ASA would likely be upheld if anyone feels so inclined.
  • It's just the cheapest way of doing it isn't it. If they chose the same specific game for everyone then the revenue would be down (albeit a relatively tiny amount) for that month.

If they let everyone choose then everyone would probably redeem in the evening sunshine next Saturday. 

This way most people will forget about it and the revenue loss from those that do use it won't even be noticeable.

It's not a big deal but it comes across as really cheap. I struggle to believe they didn't know how it would be perceived.
  • edited July 2021
    I thought it was every matchday as it's unbelievable to think the no.1 listed early bird benefit is a saving of 80p!

TeeC said:
    Even the club shop discount is for a maximum of a £100 purchase on a specific weekend in September. No problem at all with the club trying to increase revenue but these moves just look amateurish 
    Borderline fraudulent.
    I might get a membership now as the lucky socks are starting to look attractively priced.

I'm presuming the team will be playing for the full 90 minutes plus stoppage time?
    Perhaps we need to check the T&C's in case they are walking off beforehand?
  • Interesting one. I initially assumed the drink discount was a one-off and thought in that case it was a bit pathetic. I subsequently assumed from listening to other people that it must be every match.

It never occurred to me that the shop discount was a one-off and I think the club should have made that very clear. Not doing so looks like a deliberate attempt to mislead people, which is a bit shabby.

I doubt if any of the benefits had any effect on purchasing though. But in that case, why did they bother? 
  • Almost comical that the no.1 incentive used to drive people to buying early season tickets now transpires to be worth about 80p.
  • edited July 2021
    Interesting one. I initially assumed the drink discount was a one-off and thought in that case it was a bit pathetic. I subsequently assumed from listening to other people that it must be every match.

It never occurred to me that the shop discount was a one-off and I think the club should have made that very clear. Not doing so looks like a deliberate attempt to mislead people, which is a bit shabby.

I doubt if any of the benefits had any effect on purchasing though. But in that case, why did they bother? 
    I assume it’s Wayne Mumford just chucking thing’s at the wall to see what sticks. 

9,000+ season tickets sold, vast majority are early-bird, indicates that he’s done his job very well. 
  • edited July 2021

I bet @Redmidland was moaning even then his s/t hadn't turned up ;)

• Sponsored links:

• edited July 2021
    Mis-selling at the very least, we have joke people in charge of the day to day running of the club.
  • No way its just for one watch. Hahaha that is so poor but equally hilarious
  • edited July 2021
    No way its just for one watch. Hahaha that is so poor but equally hilarious
    Is the Charlton watch as rare as the Charlton Life badge?
  • I’m really happy to contribute to the club - when people acting in good faith are in charge it’s more like a cause than a business in my eyes. But this is just a low quality move. 
  • A bit odd why they did this,it could not have been as an incentive as I guarantee everyone who has bought a season ticket would have bought one anyway,I think it is  a slightly misjudged "thankyou" to those who have put their money up front.

Very posh - Guineas and gentlemen. 

£1.05 is £53 in today’s money. But at 70% of then average weekly wage of about £1.50 is not too far off today’s price.
    Never mind charging a guinea, somebody should have started a campaign to let them know twenty’s plenty