Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Season tickets 2021/22 (22nd July - 9,000 sold).

Comments

• Have they decided which game your guest gets to use the free ticket too ? 
  • edited July 2021
    shine166 said:
    Have they decided which game your guest gets to use the free ticket too ? 
    In some ways they actually have!

https://cafc.co.uk/uploads/98ecfe6975455555118f081df2b558a8

It’s only valid for silver games and "There is a limit of 500 free tickets that can be redeemed for each fixture"
  • Deliberately misleading at worst, pathetically pointless at best. 

Meire- esque.

Still at least we've re- signed Ben Watson to blow the league apart.

• WSS said:
    My two arrived this morning. Free game ticket code, 15% off at the shop and free drink (for a game in March 2022!).

First ST in 3 years and the first time I'll be bringing the boy. Finally feel excited again.
    What block you in @WSS
  • stupid offer and even stupider and tighter if you factored it into your decision making as to whether to buy a season ticket 
  • DOUCHER said:
    The Ts& Cs make it even more of a joke IMO

10 rules for a 20% discount voucher for 1 drink is a bit over the top. 
    can see these ending up on ebay - gold dust 
    Or the millwall forum 
  • shine166 said:
    DOUCHER said:
    The Ts& Cs make it even more of a joke IMO

10 rules for a 20% discount voucher for 1 drink is a bit over the top. 
    can see these ending up on ebay - gold dust 
    Or the millwall forum 
    yes, they'll love this - if only there was a discount on a train fare with similar caveats - they'd be in heaven 
  • Sponsored links:

• The bad taste in the mouth/loss of goodwill will be greater than any cost saving by deliberately misleading fans.
    I couldn't give a monkeys about £10/£15, but I do take exception about being deliberately misled, especially by the club I love.

Sums it up perfectly. 
  • i wonder what happens in the event of an 'act of god / 'force majeure' and the drink cannot be purchased?????? 
  • DOUCHER said:
    stupid offer and even stupider and tighter if you factored it into your decision making as to whether to buy a season ticket 
    I doubt hardly anyone did, but it's a matter of principle/trust for me, which has now been lost.
  • I'll let the club get away with misleading us on the free ticket, drinks voucher & club shop discount if they bring in a marquee signing & blow the league away.

...gotta deliver on one of these loose promises!
  • The whole thing is just so amazingly amateurish, which reflects exactly the Calibre of the management at Charlton (excluding the playing side).
  • Anyone that thinks fans are moaning, just remember that these were incentives to buy your ticket early.
  • I'm sure they will have done loads of market research into this, anyone get contacted?

anyone?.....
  • edited July 2021
    shine166 said:
    Anyone that thinks fans are moaning, just remember that these were incentives to buy your ticket early.
    Just seems like a waste of time for everyone. Personally, even if the club offered me 50% on drinks every home match I probably would not even take up the offer. Plenty of people like me dont buy stuff in the ground. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Deliberately misleading at worst, pathetically pointless at best. 

Meire- esque.

Still at least we've re- signed Ben Watson to blow out of his arse!

Corrected.
  • To be fair, the free ticket shouldn’t really be an issue.

They are limited to 500 per game and seeing as there is around 8,000ish “early birds” you’ll have to be mightily unlucky if 500 of them want a ticket for the same game as you.
  • DOUCHER said:
    i wonder what happens in the event of an 'act of god / 'force majeure' and the drink cannot be purchased?????? 
    More to the point, as it's only 1 game....and it's the same game for everyone, what's the betting the queues will be longer than ever & the bars will run out of the product(s) that you can buy with the voucher.

Much easier having a voucher that you can redeem when you like. Not one ONE specific match. 
  • DOUCHER said:
    i wonder what happens in the event of an 'act of god / 'force majeure' and the drink cannot be purchased?????? 
    More to the point, as it's only 1 game....and it's the same game for everyone, what's the betting the queues will be longer than ever & the bars will run out of the product(s) that you can buy with the voucher.

Much easier having a voucher that you can redeem when you like. Not one ONE specific match. 
    Not everyone has the same game, some people can’t use theirs until 2022!
  • A free pint/drink would've been a nice gesture...
  • DOUCHER said:

The objective is not to make it easier for the fans to use the vouchers.
    The objective is to make it difficult, so they are not used.
  • Interesting one. I initially assumed the drink discount was a one-off and thought in that case it was a bit pathetic. I subsequently assumed from listening to other people that it must be every match.

It never occurred to me that the shop discount was a one-off and I think the club should have made that very clear. Not doing so looks like a deliberate attempt to mislead people, which is a bit shabby.

I doubt if any of the benefits had any effect on purchasing though. But in that case, why did they bother? 
    I assume it’s Wayne Mumford just chucking thing’s at the wall to see what sticks. 

9,000+ season tickets sold, vast majority are early-bird, indicates that he’s done his job very well. 
    They sold because of 

a) excitement at seeing live football again
    b) gratitude to Thomas for saving our club
    c) expectation that we will be really good this season

The freebies would have been a very very minor consideration