Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Season tickets 2021/22 (22nd July - 9,000 sold).

Comments

• edited July 30
    Interesting one. I initially assumed the drink discount was a one-off and thought in that case it was a bit pathetic. I subsequently assumed from listening to other people that it must be every match.

It never occurred to me that the shop discount was a one-off and I think the club should have made that very clear. Not doing so looks like a deliberate attempt to mislead people, which is a bit shabby.

I doubt if any of the benefits had any effect on purchasing though. But in that case, why did they bother? 
    I assume it’s Wayne Mumford just chucking thing’s at the wall to see what sticks. 

9,000+ season tickets sold, vast majority are early-bird, indicates that he’s done his job very well. 
  • edited July 30

I bet @Redmidland was moaning even then his s/t hadn't turned up ;)

• edited July 30
    Mis-selling at the very least, we have joke people in charge of the day to day running of the club.
  • No way its just for one watch. Hahaha that is so poor but equally hilarious
  • edited July 30
    No way its just for one watch. Hahaha that is so poor but equally hilarious
    Is the Charlton watch as rare as the Charlton Life badge?
  • I’m really happy to contribute to the club - when people acting in good faith are in charge it’s more like a cause than a business in my eyes. But this is just a low quality move. 
  • A bit odd why they did this,it could not have been as an incentive as I guarantee everyone who has bought a season ticket would have bought one anyway,I think it is  a slightly misjudged "thankyou" to those who have put their money up front.
  • Sponsored links:

Very posh - Guineas and gentlemen. 

£1.05 is £53 in today’s money. But at 70% of then average weekly wage of about £1.50 is not too far off today’s price.
    Never mind charging a guinea, somebody should have started a campaign to let them know twenty’s plenty 
  • Have they decided which game your guest gets to use the free ticket too ? 
  • edited July 30
    shine166 said:
    Have they decided which game your guest gets to use the free ticket too ? 
    In some ways they actually have!

https://cafc.co.uk/uploads/98ecfe6975455555118f081df2b558a8

It’s only valid for silver games and "There is a limit of 500 free tickets that can be redeemed for each fixture"
  • Deliberately misleading at worst, pathetically pointless at best. 

Meire- esque.

Still at least we've re- signed Ben Watson to blow the league apart.

• WSS said:
    My two arrived this morning. Free game ticket code, 15% off at the shop and free drink (for a game in March 2022!).

First ST in 3 years and the first time I'll be bringing the boy. Finally feel excited again.
    What block you in @WSS
  • stupid offer and even stupider and tighter if you factored it into your decision making as to whether to buy a season ticket 
  • Sponsored links:

• DOUCHER said:
    The Ts& Cs make it even more of a joke IMO

10 rules for a 20% discount voucher for 1 drink is a bit over the top. 
    can see these ending up on ebay - gold dust 
    Or the millwall forum 
  • shine166 said:
    DOUCHER said:
    The Ts& Cs make it even more of a joke IMO

10 rules for a 20% discount voucher for 1 drink is a bit over the top. 
    can see these ending up on ebay - gold dust 
    Or the millwall forum 
    yes, they'll love this - if only there was a discount on a train fare with similar caveats - they'd be in heaven 
  • The bad taste in the mouth/loss of goodwill will be greater than any cost saving by deliberately misleading fans.
    I couldn't give a monkeys about £10/£15, but I do take exception about being deliberately misled, especially by the club I love.

Sums it up perfectly. 
  • i wonder what happens in the event of an 'act of god / 'force majeure' and the drink cannot be purchased?????? 
  • DOUCHER said:
    stupid offer and even stupider and tighter if you factored it into your decision making as to whether to buy a season ticket 
    I doubt hardly anyone did, but it's a matter of principle/trust for me, which has now been lost.
  • I'll let the club get away with misleading us on the free ticket, drinks voucher & club shop discount if they bring in a marquee signing & blow the league away.

...gotta deliver on one of these loose promises!
  • The whole thing is just so amazingly amateurish, which reflects exactly the Calibre of the management at Charlton (excluding the playing side).
  • Anyone that thinks fans are moaning, just remember that these were incentives to buy your ticket early.