Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

POST-MATCH THREAD: Ipswich Town vs Charlton Athletic | Saturday 30th April 2022 - 12:30 KO

Comments

• Options
    The fact that there were some fans who applauded them off. Jesus Christ
  • Options
    Total and utter shit. 

Hopefully the last we ever see of Famewo, Lee, Gilbey, Inniss, Matthews etc etc etc. 

the only blessings are it was a 9.30 kick off and it's the last game of the season. 

The guys in the studio scathing of Famewo and rightly so. 
  • Options
    Brownie twisting the knife into Famewo……
  • Options
    Flattering result. We saved the worst for last but it has been turgid this season. As bad a season as I can remember. Glad it's over but boy does this the need a complete overhaul. With the teams coming down and the teams like Ipswich still in these awful league, I fear for us again next season. I'm getting old now, is league 1 the best I can hope for from now? Come August I will doubtless be reinvigorated and full of optimism!!!
  • Options
    edited April 2022
    Completely outplayed. 4-0 flattered us and although we should have had a couple of goals they also spurned several more golden opportunities. An appalling end to a miserable season.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Unless we have a massive rebuild and new management I won’t be renewing my Charlton TV subscription. Too many Saturdays ruined.
  • Options
    AndyG said:
    Where to start ?

Defense just doesnt cover runs and allows endless space without closing down.

Midfield nonexistent in term of competing.

Attack consists of hitting long balls to Stockley and IF he wins it we never win the flick on.

This comment isnt just meant about today it has been the same story all season how many goals have we conceded by committing the same mistakes ? 

Never in a million years will we get anywhere promotion whilst we are making these same mistakes every game. I honestly cannot see what this team do in training every week ?

They are exactly the same mistakes we made game after game after game November to March last season.  Then they stopped then they came back..... Rinse and repeat. 

They can do it, which actually makes it worse IMO. 
  • Options
    I didn't expect Jacko to be a boring Manager. Formations and selections are what you'd expect from an outdated gaffer.
  • Options
    Not one of those players can hold their hands up and say they had a good game today. Absolutely ‘kin awful. The worst Charlton team in living memory and that’s saying something coming from a someone who used to put up with the team of the early 1970’s. Sorry, but Jackson has to go, his back room team need to go, the majority of the players have to go .. we need a major reset on all fronts. Got some hard thinking to do about the season ticket. Have a good summer, one and all
  • Options
    Anyone think our final league position triggers JJ's contract extension?
  • Options
    Well that’s our 13th place finish for the latest League One stint sealed. Mirrors 10/11 and 16/17.

Time to move on and get promoted next year.
    You're a very optimistic man to come out of that game looking forward to promotion next season. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    How did the keeper do?
  • Options
    edited April 2022
    Well that’s our 13th place finish for the latest League One stint sealed. Mirrors 10/11 and 16/17.

Time to move on and get promoted next year.
    I must have missed our promotion of 17/18
  • Options
    Gutted and embarrassed in equal measure. Really thought Jackson would make a real fist of it. Will the owner take the cheaper option of letting the whole coaching staff go and move into next season with new coaches and maybe only a couple of new signings or a complete rebuild?. It's gonna be an interesting ride either way. 
  • Options
    Should have been 10-2. Our two strikers both missing sitters again. The "defence" was unutterably bad.

Something I have noticed from watching on TV, it seems no matter where on the field the action is taking place, the opposition always have more players in shot than we do. 
  • Options
    Cafc43v3r said:
    Scraped 13th because Alfie May scored in injury time.  He plays for Cheltenham who were playing Cambridge. 

Cheltenham v Cambridge for ffs. 

Just bought a Cheltenham shirt, cracking open a few tinnies and gettin a keebab in

#GETINNNNNNNTHECHELTERSSSSSSS

#13TH

• Options
    4-0 dogs arse of a performance. metaphor for the whole season. Lets hope most  of the squad are binned
  • Options
    Rebuild needs to start NOW with post mortems of the season being taken with all the management team and senior football staff.

There is no excuse for what went on this season. No-one should be going away for a well earned break until a recovery plan is well and truly laid out, and the start undertaken.
  • Options
    edited April 2022
    Dismal season.
    I hope we keep Jackson. There’s no point starting AGAIN. 
    And sack all the loans off.