Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Match Thread (+post match p23): Man Utd vs Charlton | Tues 10 Jan 2023 (League Cup Quarter Final)

Comments

• Options
    seth plum said:
    On the coach starting a loooong schlepp back.
    Absolutely nothing to be ashamed of. The ref gave us nothing yet we didn’t get a yellow card, they got a few.
    Credit to Holden for getting them going in the second half.
    Their fans started leaving as early as 75 mins. Eh?
    For those who watched the stream did we come across as loud, sustained and loyal as it sounded in the ground?
    I suppose that gaff is called the theatre of dreams because their fans seemed asleep.
    Nobody outside us will give us much credit but we were represented us well on and off the pitch.
    Sleep well dear boy, you have earned it.  I'm to bed now as off off to work tomorrow.
  • Options
    One of the proudest thing for me was that it was two of our youngsters AMB and Lucas Ness that really stood out for me. (They were all superb) Now go and smash Barnsley!
  • Options
    Lost my voice but can still type.

Charlton till I die!

• Options
    Nothing to say but really proud. We gave them a good game, they had to bring a couple of big time players off the bench to finish us off. Our fans were great, 9,000 and I saw no problems. CAFC. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Very proud of our club tonight!
  • Options
    Some good stuff in the first and last few paragraphs here.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/64149053
    Apart from the bit where they get Taylor Blackett Blackett-Taylor confused with Scott Fraser.
  • Options
    amazing how many plastic man u fans I haven't spoke to in years have all of a sudden crawled out of the woodwork who didn't even watch tonight - some of my favourite quotes "lost to man u reserves" "easy win never in danger" fuck off you arm chair plastic glory hunter pricks who aint even seen a game live. This is why I ain't talked to you for years - dickheads
    This is why everyone was going "no" in the "giving it the big 'un" thread, as it only comes back to bite you in the arse afterwards.
  • Options
    What an effort on and off the pitch. If anything, we were probably a bit wasteful. Fantastic day out regardless. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Really impressed with how well we dug in. Thought out front three largely struggled against a top level back four but the defence and midfield did a great job. Dobson, Ness and Sessegnon the standout performers for me.

Ref also had a shocker but I suppose he made up for it by ignoring the blatant red card that Maynard-Brewer should have got.

Overall I really don’t think you can hope for much more out of a game like this. Hopefully everyone who was able to go had a top night and hopefully we can all remember our support tonight and the gutsy performance when things are bleak.
  • Options
    So proud of the boys. Didn’t sit behind the ball and although we didn’t create a clear cut chance, we were always in it til the last minute. 3-0 massively flatters them. 
  • Options
    Thought we started the game too tentative, but you cant go gun ho or they will just pick you off.

Good start to the second half when we pushed higher up the pitch., made them make the changes that they did. Score line flattered them and glad Rashford respected us without over celebrating his goals.

Great learning curve game for some of the younger players and to play at stadiums like Old Trafford.
  • Options
    Watched on a fantastic stream via that Man Utd Twitter thing.

So disillusioned with Charlton in recent years but that really brought back some pride. Genuinely thought Stockley was going to nick a header towards the end or something. The 2 extra goals were gutting but when you expect to get hit for 6 anyway..

Incredible 2nd half display to dig in, and to see World Cup internationals getting done here and there was superb. 

8,800 legends that went up. 

• Options
    So proud of the boys. Didn’t sit behind the ball and although we didn’t create a clear cut chance, we were always in it til the last minute. 3-0 massively flatters them. 
    Agree it was great, but Fraser and Morgan had free kick opps in very good positions, Morgan's was pretty close to the post. Also Fraser should have hit the target after he set himself up for a shot just after half time.