Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

commute update - 30 nov / 1 Dec / 2nd Dec

edited November 2010 in Not Sports Related
If those at stations etc can post updates I'm sure it would be appreciated

Comments

• New Eltham to Tonbridge was fine, A20 / M25 /A21 empty and not treacheous at all, got here quicker than usual.
  • Leybourne to Kemsing Sevenoaks, not bad M20 ok A20 ok but a bit norty up Wrotham Hill....still snowing though ....take care all...
  • Charlton Lane very dodgy!
  • A2 Kent Bound to Chatham was ok.
  • Greenwich line was closed at 7 due to a fatality at slade green. Ended up going to barnhurst. Trains packed but still running.
  • Seems like the snow's going to get worse as the day goes on. So we'll all get to work....but get stuck there. Joy
  • Been stuck at kidbrooke for the last 20 minutes as trains in front having problems
  • No woolwich line.
  • edited November 2010
    the Mrs is on a stationary (forgive the pun) train at Falconwood station, will update further.

It also seems Bexley haven't gritted the roads (in South Welling/Blackfen area)....!!! (so I am at home with the kids)
  • Still hacking in from kent coast, after over an hour at ashford waiting for a train. When we left ashford the driver announced it was the 'attempted' train to Victoria and told everyone to cross their fingers. A good few inches of snow down our way this morning.
  • Sponsored links:

• Snow a pain in the arse in Medway and the A2/M2 London bound was getting worse, going up any sort of incline on local roads is fun unless your in a 4x4

I decided at Gravesend that I would be turning round and going home
  • try braking going down hill in a 4x4 and its just as bad believe me
  • No problem from Charlton to Greenwich, apart from delays.
  • Just got the car up the hill to the top of the road and thought what the hell am I doing. Turned round and am bhack home. Was going to walk to station but sounds like big problems on the bexleyheath line. Seeing as I am redundant from 31 DEcember I don't think I am going to bother. Just putting the kettle on .............
  • no problem? There have been no trains all morning but i just ventured down to charlton station to back up my friends texts and a train came in. Its the quickest one all week at london bridge in 15 and nice seat too.
  • just abandoned the school run,carnage on the roads around blackfen
  • [cite]Posted By: ThreadKiller[/cite]just abandoned the school run,carnage on the roads around blackfen

So despite them stockpiling enough salt for the winter they can't get the gritters out because of a) cutbacks b) wrong type of snow or c) incompetence ?
  • No idea on the trains but I suspect the A2 between gravesend and dartford is not doing that well judging by the amount of traffic trying to go along my road. Also looks like no roads have been treated in swanscombe at all. saw plenty of idiots trying to drive up the hil to drop their kids at school and skidding all over the place. I am working from home and have just had a nice hot cup of tea whilst watching the heavy snow through the window.
  • got in from barnehurst to charing cross with no aggro at all
  • Bexleyheath line is now working again. Just pulling onto ldn br
  • Sponsored links:

• Going to attempt to get from Sidcup to Canterbury later, anyone got any idea on my chances?
  • Word is someone hung themselves at Slade Green station this morning, which caused the delays on the greenwich line.
  • I spun out pulling onto the A20 in Lympne, just heading towards a queue of traffic somehow managed to just stop before. Like an ice rink down here.
  • [cite]Posted By: Blinkant[/cite]Word is someone hung themselves at Slade Green station this morning, which caused the delays on the greenwich line.
    I know the trains are bad but thats a bit extreme.

Sorry, thats in bad taste.
  • Was rather surprised to find how easy it was to get to Mile End this morning with minimal delays on the Bexleyheath line, London Overground and District Line.
    However, I get the feeling it wont be as easy getting home.

Am impressed that everyone that was due in to the office today has made it in. That most definitely is a first!
  • I'm watching TV from home, sorry I meant working from home!!!
  • Left Braintree at 730, aborted on the M25 at 10 and heading home

Embarassing that this country just cannot cope
  • Got in fine. Few issues with trains.More to do withe Slade Green death than the snow i think.

Looking out the window going home may be a bigger issue.
  • [cite]Posted By: WSS[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Blinkant[/cite]Word is someone hung themselves at Slade Green station this morning, which caused the delays on the greenwich line.
    I know the trains are bad but thats a bit extreme.

Sorry, thats in bad taste.

haha
  • well I can say sitting at home in Upper Barnehurst that it is coming down heavier than ever now. You may have got in but will you get home ??