Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Eddie Howe thread (Staying with Bournemouth)

Comments

• Options
    "Eddie Howe has rejected us and we continue to search. In the meantime Dowie and Les Reed are coming in to assist KP"
  • Options
    Press conference didn't makes sense, as he's in Bournemouth. Unless they hoped to unveil him by videolink!
  • Options
    Not sure why everyone's being pessimistic.

He's meeting with the Bournemouth board. No doubt they will be putting an ofer to him. From what I've read of him he is not going to be swayed by money primarily and in any event I doubt that they will be able to offer more than we are.

My guess is that he will have to decide between his heart (Bournemouth) and his head (Charlton). He is well-loved at Bournemouth and has very strong links with them, he know his players and they are doing really well. However, it sounds as if he doesn't get on well with his boss. Charlton are definately a step-up from Bournemouth in terms of potential but it's a risk for him.

If it's true that he was at the Spurs game and spent a long time with the Charlton directors I think it's more likely than not that he'll join us.
  • Options
    I don't think it'll be about him coming considering he is still in Bournemouth.

Game over - next on the list.
  • Options
    Peacock sacked. Judged on results?
  • Options
    A fatal, non-recoverable error has occurred
    Technical information (for support personel):

Error Message
    The connection to the database failed:
    Affected Elements
    MySQL.OpenConnection();

The error occurred on or near: mysql_connect() [function.mysql-connect]: User lookhere_lookout already has more than 'max_user_connections' active connections

For additional support documentation, visit the Lussumo Documentation website at: lussumo.com/docs
  • Options
    Howe out of meeting!
  • Options
    palaaarse have apparently matched our offer
  • Options
    Solent reporting Palace have upped the offer... bloody chaos this is now!
  • Options
    Apparently CPFC have matched our offer.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    What a mess.
  • Options
    My god, this is doing my head in (and is stopping me from preparing a presentation that I have to give tomorrow)....

I really hope this all gets sorted out soon....

Where is everyone getting this up to date information from by the way?
  • Options
    That Bournemouth Echo Blog is mesmerising. Desperately need to do some work!
  • Options
    I have been looking at it for 2 hours now! It has completely ruined my day in terms of work.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: MrLargo[/cite]That Bournemouth Echo Blog is mesmerising. Desperately need to do some work!

It sure is :)
  • Options
    I can't get any work done this afternoon .......Aaaaagh! Torture
  • Options
    edited January 2011
    Eddie Howe has agreed a 3 year contract to become manager of Charlton Athletic Football Club is what we could be reading later on today
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: ISawLeaburnScore[/cite]Solent reporting Palace have upped the offer... bloody chaos this is now!

dont know who was 1st choice my source did say poyet ,then told wise was to be offered 3 year deal ,so i dont think howe was 1st choice ,its sending me crazy just wish they would get it over and done with.
  • Options
    Howe still in meeting with Bournemouth according to THE BLOG.

Go back to work, people!
  • Options
    Source bigredevil?

I hope your right....
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited January 2011
    It's certainly in stark contrast to the secrecy surrounding the takeover.

From one extreme to the other. Now we're getting minute-by-minute reports on the recruitment (or not) of our next manager. We even know what Eddie had for lunch in the canteen ( come to Charlton and you can dine in the Oxo Tower next week, mate!)

Is that a toilet break they're taking down in the Dean Court boardroom - I wonder what that can mean?

Oh, right. Someone needs a pee.

Settle down again!
  • Options
    This isn't really that exciting. The man has no more experience than parky... Hope we don't get him.
  • Options
    According to the Echo blog Palace have matched our offer and Burnley are back in the chase
  • Options
    Latest - 3.45pm: Echo reporters at Dean Court report EH and JT have finished meeting with Eddie Mitchell.
    by Neil Meldrum edited by Neil Meldrum at 3:44 PM
  • Options
    edited January 2011
    Is it safe to come out from behind the sofa yet?

Has the takeover happened?
  • Options
    1142 people on the blog......its quite funny.....But if he stays at Bournemouth Id be just as chuffed as if he came to us.
  • Options
    What's the big rush. Keithie is doing a good job. We are getting sucked into a bidding war for a manager who is totally unproven at a higher level. Everyone needs to take a deep breath and come back to their senses. Curbs is still available and finding it almost impossible to get back into the game. Not a lot to choose ATM in terms of us and Ipswich and even they didn't want him.
  • Options
    What was the press conference about? its past 3pm!

What is this bournemouth blog thing? link?
  • Options
    #
    BREAKING NEWS: According to Ian Wadley, Eddie Howe left via the fire exit and was picked up by Tindall round the back of the ground so they have escaped the press.
    by Neil Meldrum at 4:09 PM
  • Options
    BREAKING NEWS: According to Ian Wadley, Eddie Howe left via the fire exit and was picked up by Tindall round the back of the ground so they have escaped the press.