Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Charlton v Huddersfield - Post Match Thread

Same old same old.....

Comments

• Options
    Focus on promotion... ;) I was walking with Dinosaurs today nstead at the o2, an event that had a slightly less predictable ending.... ;)
  • Options
    Lets have a bit of SCP Bingo for thepost-match press conference....

Very disappointed, we wanted to progress in the cup

I picked a side that was strong enough to win the game

Its been a very tough period and this looked like a game too far

Cannot fault my players effort

That performance wasn't the standard that we set ourselves

One or two players were looking heavy legged
  • Options
    'One or two come in and done well' is my pick
  • Options
    edited January 2013
    or CAFC hate any Cup as all ours fans new so i drew the names out the hat as i thought it would be a hoot i mean our home form is so good why spoil the paying customers

• Options
    edited January 2013
    Feel sorry for the loyal fans who supported at the Valley today. Will they bother next year?? Such a pity the most romantic knock-out Football competition in the World has seemingly been abandoned because of the financial pressures on the majority of clubs and the greed of some of the more wealthier ones. A sickening example of how money, greed and fear has affected our beautiful game.
  • Options
    we would have drawn Millwall at home in the next round, could we afford the plumbers rates twice within a matter of weeks
  • Options
    When did we last win at home?
  • Options
    "Disappointed for the fans, but we were always in it but just couldn't snatch an equaliser."
  • Options
    So disappointed, actually feel let down by the players.
  • Options
    So lackluster and poor individual performances.

Wright-Phillips gets a start and didnt take his opportunity to shine.

Kerkar just doesn't look like a footballer to me!!

Poor....!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Poor display, we clearly didn't fancy it despite this year being a decent oppertunity for a cup run with neither promotion or relegation looking likely. Devrite's suspension coupled with Corts injury last week is a concern.

Positive - Azeez getting some game time is about all I can think of
  • Options
    se9addick said:

Poor display, we clearly didn't fancy it despite this year being a decent oppertunity for a cup run with neither promotion or relegation looking likely. Devrite's suspension coupled with Corts injury last week is a concern.

Did they at least have a go in the latter stages?
  • Options
    Crap crap crap crap and more crap. Cook should never wear the shirt again and Powell should apologise for taking the cup lightly yet again . I'm sick of it. We should just pull out of these competitions so the fans don't get mugged off every year.
  • Options
    " we were looking to do well in the cup this year but Huddersfield are a good side...blah blah blah....regurgitated crap....blah blah blah...."

Typical Charlton bollox cup display. So predictable. Shameful. There'll only have to open the West Stand next year unless it's a juicy Prem team.
  • Options
    edited January 2013
    Valley11 said:

se9addick said:

Did they at least have a go in the latter stages?
    No not really.

The game ended with us passing it around in the centre circle rather than bombing forward !
  • Options
    If the first team played like that I would be livid. As it is, clearly a second or third string team, priority for CP obviously the league. Move on.
  • Options
    My brother-in-law asked me at the last home game if I was going to the cup game,I said until the club proove to me that they take any cup game seriously they would not get my money. As they take supporters as idiots they won't be getting my money next year either. It takes the pride you have for the club away.
    Disgusted and sad.
  • Options
    On the plus side my teenage daughter, who hates football, had a great time! I understand her even less now.
  • Options
    Leggie said:

My brother-in-law asked me at the last home game if I was going to the cup game,I said until the club proove to me that they take any cup game seriously they would not get my money. As they take supporters as idiots they won't be getting my money next year either. It takes the pride you have for the club away.
    Disgusted and sad.

If we'd drawn United would your attitude be the same ?
  • Options
    What a load of guff. Kermorgant and BWP, who would've thought they tore league 1 a new one last season, looked like they didn't know eachother today. Kermorgant is not as good as Hulse was, end of. BWP tried too hard to make things happen in the first 15 mins, then started to sulk. Gets frustrated and gives up too quick for my liking. Cook is a proper crockfull, hasn't made a single meaningful contribution so far. Sideways Stephens, if Villa still want you mate, good luck to ya and see you next season, cos you we're proper pony. Pritchard, Watford away was great, today wasn't. Every run or pass was wrong wrong wrong. Kerkar was crud, couldnt beat his man and couldnt do anything else anyway. Evina was alright, but didn't overlap enough and when he did no-one was with him. Dervite, airshots galore, sent off, gave away a penalty at Watford as well, should only ever be 4th choice centre back. Taylor, immobile, not commanding enough in the air, and wasn't vocal as captain. Wilson, a good full back you aint, got caught in possession too often and was a wasted player today. Button, not as good as Hamer, probably no better than Sullivan imo.

Morrison, Jackson and Azeez, meh nothing changed, obviously the 10men factor didn't help though
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Poor, poor performance. The game itself was dire. Two poor teams, with Charlton being as bad as I have seen for a while. Any decent championship / league one side would have easily put out both teams on show today. At least the ref was ok.
  • Options
    The side put out should have done better. Once again short changed. Imo only about six of current squad good enough for this league. Kermo looks like a league 1 player, v disappoiting. Wont bother next season seeing as the club/manager are not arsed.
  • Options
    Is this the same kermognant that scored twice last week.

The sky is blue, the grass is green, and charlton are rubbish in cups.

I got used to that years and years ago
  • Options
    well done to those that went and paid on the day. I will say thanks as our shit club wont.
  • Options
    A complete waste of a Saturday afternoon.

• Options
    Was a game when nobody really seemed bothered, players or fans. Been to much better friendly games. Magic of the cup, my arse!
  • Options
    I put in more effort walking back to the car after the match.
  • Options
    Chris Powell is an honest man. Go on Chris explain that.
  • Options
    Does anybody know what happens on the training ground during the week? Whatever it is, it clearly doesn't involve practising to pass a football or learning how to find space in order to receive a pass.

We looked a very poor side today, not for the first time at the Valley this season. Can we apply to the Football League for special dispensation to play all our remaining fixtures away?

• Options
    edited January 2013
    Pathetic performance. Clearly not interested in the cup at all. I like to say we were hampered by going down to 10 men, but to behonest with Cook on the pitch it felt like 10 men anyway - he was utterly hopeless.

Am sick of how static our players are when we are in possession. No movement at all.

No one, barring Button, gets any credit.

7-1 for Beckford first goal was nice.

Had to laugh at people applauding Dervite when he trudged off. An air kick followed by a ridiculous tug of the striker who is clean through doesn't really warrant applause. Not having it that he is a better option than Taylor.