Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Charlton v Huddersfield - Post Match Thread

Comments

• Options
    Only well done is to the loyal supporters that went today.

Had a game myself, but even if I didn't I wouldn't have persuaded myself to go to a home cup game.

Every season in the cup it seems like we give the fringe players a chance and its wasted.

Different year, different players, same old charlton in the cup. It's weird.
  • Options
    Just got in. Couldn't get 'up for it' like for a league game so decided to not worry too much about the result. As it was they had the better of the first half but were pretty impotent second half. When we realised they weren't much cop at the back we pressured them much quicker. However a number of things confirmed.
    1. Dervite and Kerkar are squad players at best. Kerkar was anonymous and Dervite deserved his red, particularly as he made a hash of controlling the ball.
    2. Button looks very decent back up for Hamer.
    3. Wilson is not a right back, however he handled Scannell ok. Is much better at right mid.
    4. BWP has not got much longer with us.
    5. Evina is good going forward, less so defensively. Bit of a panic whenever he was receiving the ball.

One more thing...Stephens was the best midfielder on the pitch today. I'm ready to be pilloried but I made a conscious effort to watch him, especially on the ball. And whilst he did lose the ball on occasions, he also hit some sublime passes out to Kerkar and Evina.
  • Options

Chris Powell is an honest man. Go on Chris explain that.

He's a top bloke and manager and I believe we're over achieving in the league with the players we have but if thr performance was as bad as most are saying then I hope CP let's the players know. Mr Nice guy doesn't work all the time.
  • Options
    3 wins in 15 league and Cup home games this season - not good enough.
  • Options
    Writing before reading.
    All a bit meh.
    The funny thing is, I could see that Huddersfield were wanting it even from their warm up, and they gave it large until they scored, but after that they weren't that good, and I feel that with maybe one better player playing, even Danny Green (yes even Danny Green instead if Jordan Cook), we would have got at least a draw.
    Everything was a bit disjointed, from the displaced fans to the low attendance, to the churned team.
    Pritchard was OK, as was Dale, but really not a lot to be gained from that game.
    One thing I did notice was the officials seemed to have three bodies, but were sharing the same head, also a kid of about six in the East Stand was our best singer, well actually our only singer.
    If Wednesday go through we get a day off on a Saturday, and they have to come to us on a Tuesday evening....all a bit Die Another Day there.
    Today those of us loyal who went, fulfilled our duty, on the way out of the East Stand the police had lined up a load of youngsters against the far wall, were questioning and photographing them, at least one person was having their arm twisted up behind their back, although it all looked very passive to me. all the parents who took all their sweet little kids today can have fun explaining to the little 'uns what the police were up to...looked a bit OTT to me, but then again I don't know what had happened to frighten the police so much.
  • Options
    edited January 2013
    http://www.statto.com/football/stats/england/fa-cup/all-time-table

We are a hopeless FA Cup side in general only Norwich & Stoke ( ie. similar stature clubs to us are worse), but happily we are still above Palace & Millwall !!
  • Options

A complete waste of a Saturday afternoon.

Couldn't sum it up better. So poor.

• Options
    Behave with that
  • Options
    Poor game poor performance, hated the people around me moaning for 90 minutes at EVERY pass. Typical charlton cup game
  • Options
    Oakster said:

http://www.statto.com/football/stats/england/fa-cup/all-time-table

We are a hopeless FA Cup side in general only Norwich & Stoke ( ie. similar stature clubs to us are worse), but happily we are still above Palace & Millwall !!

Number one in South London.

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    Pretty sure those being held at the end had been chucked out at half time. Something was kicking off behind the East Stand.
  • Options
    Yeah sure we are , how many cup finals have any of us been or semi finals ? We are on par with brentford in the last sixty years
  • Options

Pretty sure those being held at the end had been chucked out at half time. Something was kicking off behind the East Stand.

If it was a football match I would think it was better than the one in front of the east stand.

• Options
    So sick of our poor cup record ....a chance to draw a big name in next round. This team is so inconsistent we may get pulled into relegation battle
  • Options
    edited January 2013
    Disappointing. This is a big enough club to show more desire to win in the cups. The team selection was retrogressive and lacked ambition. If all the management are thinking of is 'survival', I repeat that is very disappointing.
  • Options
    Terrible game - waste of £15. Cook and Kerkar were terrible and Dervite f***ed up once again.
    We played hoofball for most of the game and were slightly less bad once we were down to 10 men. Stephens played okay and Button looks a far better keeper than Sullivan.
    BWP and Kermorgant contributed little and we created next to nothing.
    V disappointing after the Watford game - the lack of strength in depth in our squad is v worrying.
  • Options
    That was truly crap,how many shots did we have?The players didn't turn up so next time in the cup I won't bother.I am too angry to say much more at the moment.If that display had been played out under Parkinson's stewardship they would hang him.
  • Options
    Poor performance by us, very disappointing display. Hudds not much of a side. Stephens looked decent first half, but both flanks were awful and we ended hoofing it up front where we played into the hands of their two lumps of centre halves. Don't know what Green has to do to get in the team, should have been on at half-time, Cook looks a long way off starting in the Championship, Kerkar looked way off the pace too. Taylor looked slow, Dervite does okay but distribution is poor. On a positive, Kermorgant worked his socks off as did Pritchard and I thought Button looked very good. Not sure when it's okay to give the cup a proper go, I'd of thought mid-table obscurity would have been it. Not sure I'll bother with the FA Cup next time if the club aren't going to.
  • Options
    Decided as a family we will not pay to watch Charton in a cup game again. Same old crap. The mother of a young family sitting in front of me turned to the man sitting next to me and said (nodding towards her kids ) "They don't want to come again". So opportunities lost. To add insult to injury was also surrounded by fat slapheads from the North with big mouths and no football knowledge whatsoever.
    CRAP?....Won't be conned again..
  • Options
    Actually thought Kerkar had a good game compared to others.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Masicat hurt
  • Options
    Took my Missus today, trying to impress her. Trying to show her why I love Charlton. She's never been to The Valley before.

She said she enjoyed it. I know when she's lying. = She's lying!

Now I'm gonna have to take her to a league game to try and impress her.

Such a poor display. I actually can't remember us having a shot. Cook was awful. So dissapointed. Shouldn't have wasted £30
  • Options
    edited January 2013
    What a waste of time and money that was other than to confirm that certain fringe players just aren't good enough to make the step up. Also a game too far for some of the regular first teamers. The goalkeeper and centre backs looked as if they had never played together........oh hang on a minute they haven't other than in training. Button's kicking was poor or more to the point it just showed how good Hamer's is, otherwise did ok. Dervite carried on where he left off at Watford and was either caught the wrong side of his man or got backed up so far he nearly went over his own goal line (slight exaggeration). It was no surprise he screwed up and then foolishly brought Beckford down and had to go as last defender not only reducing us to 10 men but creating a further problem for the Blackpool game at centre back if Cort is sidelined with a hamstring. Wilson got better as the game went on as did Evina. Stephens tried hard to get something going to no avail, Pritchard Premiership? you're aving a laugh on that display; a game he could have done without. Kerkar tried his best won a few headers but just hasn't got that bit of pace to hurt defenders. Cook? I felt sorry for the lad, just not up to standard. Didn't beat a man, couldn't cross a ball, jumps for headers like the Hunch Back of Notre Dame; would rather have seen Green or Waggy. BWP - not a shadow of the player that came on against Derby just didn't seem up for it. Yann gave his all but even this wasn't good enough today. Sorry if anyone thinks I've gone over the top with a few character assassinations but I can only tell it how I saw it :-(
  • Options
    meh... that is all.
  • Options

Were u really there? He was crud.
  • Options

The Bovril was lukewarm yet again, a few of us were not happy.
  • Options

Were u really there? He was crud.
    I have to say I agree with you was shocking.
  • Options
    Utter waste of time and fifteen quid.looking for positives as far as possible: kermogant did not apparently suffer a back injury late second half to keep him out for a month,Button looked good in goal andmade a terrific first half save,Powelly has now had his suspicions confirmed that Kerkar ,BWP and Taylor need to be moved on if we can do better with in coming players,why would Stephens be risked /cuptied if Villa were seriously interested,managed to get a tea at half time as queues much shorter,we did have a shot on goal by the 62 nd minute ,parking was ok ,the programme was a quid cheaper than usual .....and now I am struggling .
  • Options
    Gammysnr said:

The Bovril was lukewarm yet again, a few of us were not happy.
    I burnt my tongue on mine.
  • Options
    A very disappointing performance all round. Only highlights seemed to be the performances of Stephens and Button. Does anyone know why Solly wasn't even on the bench?