Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Mighty Massives are at it again

12345679»

Comments

• Options

Sheffield who ?

Sheffield The Wednesday will do mate.

• Options
    Good to see Mr I'm Not Here That Often, is here again!

Almost 600 visits in under a year.
  • Options
    Don't get this weird obsession with a club from Yorkshire.
  • Options
    Played with Tony Kay (from the Sheffield 60s betting scandal) a few times about 15 years ago he was the groundsman/barman/ player at Old Addeyans in Blackheath
    He was around 60 then and played left back but you could tell he was class even though the legs were a struggle , me and him on the left flank must have been the two slowest most gifted footballers to ever combine in the Old Boys league .
    Nice enough fella who kept himself to himself
  • Options
    Tony Kay played for England and was England' s most expensive player at one time so, yeah, he was good. No wonder he kept to himself with that pedigree and betting scandal behind him. What a waste.

• Options
    Rob said:

Tony Kay played for England and was England' s most expensive player at one time so, yeah, he was good. No wonder he kept to himself with that pedigree and betting scandal behind him. What a waste.

Charlton Athletic had an indirect link to that betting scandal.

The ringleader, Jimmy Gauld, was a forward for us around the time we got relegated from division 1 in the 50s.

I read somewhere that Tony Kay never met Gauld yet what a price he paid.

Peter Swan was a decent player too with realistic international aspirations. I think his life ban was rescinded when he reached his thirties and he played down the leagues for Bury I think it was.

David "Bronco" Layne was the other Sheffield Wednesday player banned for life.
  • Options
    Where is Sheffield?
  • Options

Where is Sheffield?

croydon
  • Options
    Not sure if mentioned on another thread but Morrison had an interview in today's sun.

"Last year I got some grief off Megson as well. He was shouting 'let that twat have it, he'll probably fuck it up."

Fancy him for FGS
  • Options
    Megson spent most of the game calling morrison and our bench c**ts.

Classy.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Anyone got a link to the Morrison interview?
  • Options
    Talal said:

Looks like they've just signed another ex of ours, Leroy Lita. Wonder if he'll be involved tomorrow.

He might be.

• Options
    edited January 2013
    Wow. For a team that don't care abouy us, there sure coming out of the woodwork.

And some people think we're obsessed with them
  • Options
    You just have to have pity for them and a lot of people just like them - if you had to live in that shit hole, earn a pittance and listen to people speaking like that all day every day then you'd seek sollace elsewhere as well.

I am so glad I was born English and beyond that I am so glad I was born Southern.
  • Options
    Would have loved to have beaten them, thought we would. They are a crap side, not sure how we've thrown away more points at home.

Couldn't hear their fans at all, but did quite like the flags they used to cover up the MASSIVE gaps they left in a stand that Bristol City have comfortably filled in the past.

Ultimately we shouldn't treat crocks of shit like Wednesday with respect and play one up top. Fair enough we hit the woodwork 3 times but if you sit back on a slender lead - even with Leroy Lita playing for the other team - you're gonna be in a bit of trouble.

We were punished (again). Let's move on.
  • Options

Couldn't hear their fans at all, but did quite like the flags they used to cover up the MASSIVE gaps they left in a stand that Bristol City have comfortably filled in the past.

On a Tuesday night, don't forget.
  • Options
    Cheers for the 3 points lots of love MOLE!!xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Options
    Your welcome Mole ...
  • Options
    Are you the tangoman?
  • Options
    Mole said:

Cheers for the 3 points lots of love MOLE!!xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Your welcome we blew it enough said really
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    ChiAddick said:

Hope Lita plays, he is dogshite.

fuck sake

• Options
    Dazzler21 said:

ChiAddick said:

Hope Lita plays, he is dogshite.

fuck sake

Ha ha
  • Options
    Come on. Was a lucky deflected goal! Should go down as an OG. ;) I have learned my lesson though.
  • Options
    Litas goal, he's just tweeted this;

'@LeroyLita8: Sheffield united fans don't piiss me just cos I'm with the #MASSIVE”
  • Options

'@LeroyLita8: Sheffield united fans don't piiss me just cos I'm with the #MASSIVE”

Just letting you no, you have posted something to do with purely Sheffield on a Charlton forum, assuming it's a mistake?
  • Options

Talking about his arse no doubt!