Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Powells football is terrible

Comments

• Options
    Gal take me outs on then big brother speak tomorrow xxxxxx
  • Options
    Let a win outshine 9 without says paddy
  • Options

The problem is the new owner needs to invest now in at least 2 decent players.

If he doesn't trust Powell now it will be too late, so I guess he either needs to back him or sack him.

I'm in the back him camp, but doing nothing will cost us a place in this division imho.

I agree with you. Powell has made some fundamental mistakes, like playing only one up front at home for much of last season, which is partly why we lost all those games so pitifully. I actually think we are playing better this season, mainly because Stephens has improved markedly. But it's thin stuff, the midfield still lacks muscle, the supply to the strikers remains poor - Green's cross that sailed over the stand today - and the finishing is wayward. Bad coaching? Presumably Sordell was Powell's choice: promised much, and has failed. Yet I respect Powell hugely, as a man and a professional. Can anyone suggest the name of a replacement likely to do much better under the circs?

• Options
    The pitch is shite the team is weak down to TJ and MS no finances to back up both issues thats why we are in the position we are in disgraceful.
  • Options

Right will you lot finally wake up....he aint gonna take us further...change change change, lovely man but his time is up, please i dont want pelters (not bothered if you do) but he has to go now - and i think he will - fecking turgid football.

Please explain yourself
    1 defeat in the last 6 games
    The world is coming to an end and Powell has to go
    SORT IT OUT MATE AND SUPPORT THE PLAYERS AND STAFF
    yes one defeat in six but one win in ten. Continue like that and we are down. Roland needs to either back CP or, if so inclined, replace CP and back the new man. Continue as we are and we are toast.
  • Options
    Blame the pitch, blame the contracts, blame the lack of money all you want, but Powell is to blame for the way they play
  • Options
    boogica said:

The pitch is shite the team is weak down to TJ and MS no finances to back up both issues thats why we are in the position we are in disgraceful.

Could you name all the weak players in our team, then tell me why everyone on here who criticize the old regime want all our poor players given new contracts
  • Options
    I'm out of this before I say something I will regret.
  • Options
    sam3110 said:

Blame the pitch, blame the contracts, blame the lack of money all you want, but Powell is to blame for the way they play

Risk free negative football relying on a significant percentage of hoofball. Works better away from home.
    Can't blame him though as misplaced passes or being caught in possession = goals against.

• Options
    All this down to the players' Contracts?! They'd better play for their futures or end up in L2 or thereabouts on a quarter of their current salaries! Can't understand why people think that they're playing poorly due to the contract situation... Wimps? Don't think so!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited January 2014
    Vincent said:

boogica said:

Could you name all the weak players in our team, then tell me why everyone on here who criticize the old regime want all our poor players given new contracts
    Everybody has got different judgements on players , its obvious we are weak in certain places ie up front we lack a real goalscorer , no doubt CP asked the old board for money and all they could give him was someone in the calibre of simon church who ok works hard but he isnt gonna score the goals to push us up the table , as for contracts that is a issue that needs to be sorted asap .
  • Options
    boogica said:

Vincent said:

boogica said:

Everybody has got different judgements on players , its obvious we are weak in certain places ie up front we lack a real goalscorer , no doubt CP asked the old board for money and all they could give him was someone in the calibre of simon church who ok works hard but he isnt gonna score the goals to push us up the table , as for contracts that is a issue that needs to be sorted asap .
    So you think Church is weak and because of this we are 4 points off the bottom of the league. As you say everybody has their own judgement
  • Options
    Powell's 4-5-1 formation does not work when we have Yann up top on his own. As much as I rate him but I don't think he is that type of player that can go up top on his own, he needs someone alongside him.
  • Options
    The squads not good enough but the players should be given new contracts. Strange.
  • Options
    Vincent said:

boogica said:

Vincent said:

boogica said:

So you think Church is weak and because of this we are 4 points off the bottom of the league. As you say everybody has their own judgement
    Vincent, are you disagreeing that our striking options aren't one of the main reasons we're not doing well this season?
  • Options
    Vincent said:

boogica said:

Vincent said:

boogica said:

Church can not finish
  • Options
    DiscoCAFC said:

Vincent said:

boogica said:

Vincent said:

boogica said:

Church can not finish
    I'd take that a step further and say Church can't actually kick the ball very well. Never before have I seen such a succession of scuffed and weak attempts on goal.
  • Options
    edited January 2014
    Nicholas said:

The squads not good enough but the players should be given new contracts. Strange.

I said on another thread that the only ones I'm concerned with tying down are Alnwick, Wiggins, Stephens, Wood and Kermy. Not too fussed about the rest.
  • Options

I'm neutral 're Powell, never been a saint for me good Clubman and player a nd a nice bloke, but one thing I would say is regardless of the players at your disposal, if you have a philosophy on how Football should be played you see it out and stick with it. Gary Johnson has less of a budget than us, but sticks to his guns irrelevant of Yeovil's position I think they play better football than us and in the end fans will be more forgiving, at present our football is turgid. I would have a bit more respect if we played more football.Before people blame the pitch, which can't be blamed prior to the Brighton game.

Does this 'forgiving' nature of Yeovil supporters not have anything to do with the fact that expectations are so low as they haven't played at this level before and have attendances of around 7,000? The pressure here to get results irrespective of performances (although the two can go hand in hand) is far greater than at Yeovil. I doubt the reaction here would be similar to that of Yeovil's.

• Sponsored links:

• Options

Nicholas said:

I said on another thread that the only ones I'm concerned with tying down are Alnwick, Wiggins, Stephens, Wood and Kermy. Not too fussed about the rest.
    Agreed
  • Options

Nicholas said:

Add Cousins and Solly to that
  • Options
    DiscoCAFC said:

Nicholas said:

Add Cousins and Solly to that
    They are both already tied down on long deals.

• Options

Nicholas said:

Probably about right Large, but personally I would add Morrison to that list.
  • Options
    Think cousins and solly already have long deals
  • Options

Nicholas said:

Agreed - add these players to those already on long term deals and we have the makings of a good, young squad. Kermorgant plays himself into a contract extension when he plays x games. I think with Wiggins and Stephens we will have to wait and see - rumours elsewhere that there is a bid in for Wiggins but we have Evina and Fox as cover.

Cousins and Solly have already signed long term deals as have Harriott and Piggott.

So just get us a striker and we are good for this season with a rebuild over the summer

• Options

I'm neutral 're Powell, never been a saint for me good Clubman and player a nd a nice bloke, but one thing I would say is regardless of the players at your disposal, if you have a philosophy on how Football should be played you see it out and stick with it. Gary Johnson has less of a budget than us, but sticks to his guns irrelevant of Yeovil's position I think they play better football than us and in the end fans will be more forgiving, at present our football is turgid. I would have a bit more respect if we played more football.Before people blame the pitch, which can't be blamed prior to the Brighton game.

Does this 'forgiving' nature of Yeovil supporters not have anything to do with the fact that expectations are so low as they haven't played at this level before and have attendances of around 7,000? The pressure here to get results irrespective of performances (although the two can go hand in hand) is far greater than at Yeovil. I doubt the reaction here would be similar to that of Yeovil's.

Johnson has played that style everywhere, he played that way at Bristol City
  • Options

Seriously just looked while we was 5 games unbeaten Scabby made no comments regarding games
    Scabby just needs to shut up and support the team
    IN POWELL WE TRUST

Let the sausage see the roll. ...
    .bacm on tomorrow

Hurrah - Someone's more drunk than me
  • Options
    we have regressed massively in the space of 3 months from last season to this one. we are all dissapointed, because of this we are trying to figure out where it wen't wrogn and what to do. and now we know nothing about what happens to us since a new ownership has happened. because we do not know what will happen we fear it. lets face it we will probably be fine. im pissed off with some recent stuff but not panicking about it. if we don't finish above doncaster we go down. but seeing as they are shite we will be alrite.
  • Options

Vincent said:

boogica said:

Vincent said:

boogica said:

Vincent, are you disagreeing that our striking options aren't one of the main reasons we're not doing well this season?
    I think we have a mid table side not being managed very well and if you read my comments it is not down to Church us being 4 points off the bottom. With CP's tactics I am not sure that 1 good striker would make all the difference.