Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Malaysia Airlines Plane

Comments

• Options

As mistrollingin rightly said, the whole world is going bloody mad.

There are an increasing number of countries I wouldn't choose to visit even if I had the cash .....what will it be like for our children & grandchildren ?

Rest in peace all those innocent people involved in this latest tragedy.

Unfortunately the world has been mad for a long time, these things just move to different places. Look back to the early 90's and no one would chose to go to the balkans, but now they are at peace and a lot of people go there, this can be said for many places at various points in time. We never seem to learn.
    Well said. I am here in beautiful Portugal, a military dictatorship until 1974, with my Czech wife, from a country considered part of the Soviet threat until the month we moved back to the Valley.

But this is shocking outrageous news.

I am really interested as to whether the black box will be found and handed over to the correct authorities.
  • Options
    Reported at first on Russian news as being shot down by separatists--and by the separatists themselves --- they even said it was with a rocket system supplied by Russia--they said it was a military cargo plane------------------when it was pointed out it was a passenger plan all the reports etc changed or have been deleted.

RIP the 280
  • Options
    My missus is a bit frantic with this, as she's flying with them to Australia next week...........better make sure her insurances are up to date.
  • Options
    edited July 2014

As mistrollingin rightly said, the whole world is going bloody mad.

There are an increasing number of countries I wouldn't choose to visit even if I had the cash .....what will it be like for our children & grandchildren ?

Rest in peace all those innocent people involved in this latest tragedy.

and yet the world is the most peaceful it's ever been and violent crime has fallen to its lowest ever levels ever. Don't let 24 hour news channels make you think the world is plummeting into chaos.

RIP to those lost in the plane, its probably my biggest fear flying, can't imagine the grief of their families and the terror they experienced in their final moments. Awful
  • Options
    Just watched a report and I can't believe how intact parts of the plane are (and lots of the bodies which wasn't nice viewing) I would have thought an aircraft shot by a missile and falling 30,000 feet would disintegrate?

The saddest part was an officer going through recovered passports and opening them, so you saw faces, names and dates of birth. So sad.
  • Options

The saddest part was an officer going through recovered passports and opening them, so you saw faces, names and dates of birth. So sad.

I stopped watching at that point. First one was a 13 year old dutch girl, didn't really want to keep watching after that
  • Options
    There is going to be absolute hell to pay for this for Putin if it is proved this was done by Russian-backed separatists.

It looks likely at the moment that this was done by Russian separatists with either Russian SAM's or equipment captured by the Ukrainians.

As The Economist reported the other week Putin has been too smart by half in backing these splinter groups - he has created a monster that he cannot create in the same way that the Americans ended up regretting backing the Jihadists in Afghanistan.
  • Options
    one worry for me is that they are sending the black boxes to Moscow - what chance is that they come back mutilated or unreadable ?
  • Options
    What an absolute f*cking mess.

• Sponsored links:

• Options

one worry for me is that they are sending the black boxes to Moscow - what chance is that they come back mutilated or unreadable ?

Did not know that, it is a concern but to be fair there is little doubt on what brought the plane down and the black box won't tell you who did it anyway.

Just a question of narrowing down who shot it down.
  • Options

Just watched a report and I can't believe how intact parts of the plane are (and lots of the bodies which wasn't nice viewing) I would have thought an aircraft shot by a missile and falling 30,000 feet would disintegrate?

That's what I thought. At 8 miles up and travelling at 500 mph how the freek did anything land within 5 miles of anything else ?
  • Options

Did not know that, it is a concern but to be fair there is little doubt on what brought the plane down and the black box won't tell you who did it anyway.

Just a question of narrowing down who shot it down.
    They are looking at satellite pictures to try and see if there is a rocket trail and which direction it came from
  • Options
    6 British on board
  • Options
    I went to Lockerbie the other day

I was driving past and thought I need to visit

When I went I was in shock to the scale of what happened and the story behind the town and how unfortunate the village was

Virtually all the bodies were recovered full the passports and info was found over such a vast area all intact

The only thing that gave comfort was that at that altitude and the speed it wouldve descended the people on board would've known little about it

Putin if this is found to have beeb done by Russian separatists that have been supported by this piece of filth and encouraged by the leader of Russia will be done forever no return for papa Putin

If this is a disaster because Malaysian airlines have issues then there is serious issues that need addressing

All seems to be that it's a missile that has caused this and it would have been supplied by that disgusting toss pot Putin
  • Options
    My children are flying tonight to South Africa - i had to turn the radio news off on way to Heathrow.
  • Options

My children are flying tonight to South Africa - i had to turn the radio news off on way to Heathrow.

Safe journey, young 'uns.

• Options
    sad, sad. sad. sad.

hmmm, malaysia was on my visit list during our planned one way ticket to s e asia in the next year...9now under military rule)thailand was the first stop, we are running out of regional options...on a related note, i see "they", knowing the malaysia airlines story would be the lead everywhere, invaded their gaza strip internment camp...callous opportunism.
  • Options

They shouldn't be showing that on TV reports, so disrespectful to relatives waiting for news of loved ones. They should be the first to know not the general public watching on TV.
  • Options

sad, sad. sad. sad.

hmmm, malaysia was on my visit list during our planned one way ticket to s e asia in the next year...9now under military rule)thailand was the first stop, we are running out of regional options...on a related note, i see "they", knowing the malaysia airlines story would be the lead everywhere, invaded their gaza strip internment camp...callous opportunism.

I would not go back to Malaysia anyway, unless you want to see a country going backwards, but you would like it, no Zionists as you call them.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

They shouldn't be showing that on TV reports, so disrespectful to relatives waiting for news of loved ones. They should be the first to know not the general public watching on TV.
    =indeed, but sadly, the media know, the more gory, disrespectful, plain wrong, the more people gawp at the boob tube.
  • Options

=indeed, but sadly, the media know, the more gory, disrespectful, plain wrong, the more people gawp at the boob tube.
    like your friends in Gaza you mean, setting up their cameras where they know it is going to be bombed for a bit more sympathy? who would have thought it.
  • Options
    Oh dear
  • Options

Does the plane head over Ukraine then? tsk, the appalling state of geography in our schools these days.
  • Options
    Nationalities of the people on board (So far confirmed):

- 154 Dutch - 45 Malaysian - 27 Australian - 12 Indonesian - 9 British - 4 Germans - 4 Belgians - 3 Filipinos - 1 Canadian

RIP.
  • Options

Does the plane head over Ukraine then? tsk, the appalling state of geography in our schools these days.
    flagged for that?

I was also concerned about my kids getting a bus in Hythe today, it may have been heading over the Gaza Strip joint, I don't mind admitting I turned away and shed a tear for the poor benighted Palestinians and their frothing supporters, sob.
  • Options

flagged for that?

I was also concerned about my kids getting a bus in Hythe today, it may have been heading over the Gaza Strip joint, I don't mind admitting I turned away and shed a tear for the poor benighted Palestinians and their frothing supporters, sob.
    what a mug
  • Options
    That's enough Dowman, someone turned off their radio because a plane crashed/was shot down on the same day their child was in the sky. No need for rudeness.

Don't comment if you are going to be so heartless.
  • Options

Nationalities of the people on board (So far confirmed):

- 154 Dutch - 45 Malaysian - 27 Australian - 12 Indonesian - 9 British - 4 Germans - 4 Belgians - 3 Filipinos - 1 Canadian

RIP.

Indeed Rest In Peace x