Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Malaysia Airlines Plane

Comments

• Options
    limeygent said:

"Still, considering in other posts you've shown yourself to be somewhere to the right of the Tea Party, it's hardly surprising".

Nowhere near "right of The Tea Party". I have my own point of view, not swayed by the bias of the popular media. The Western, Christian civilizations are in danger, particularly while Obama and his cronies are in The White House.

talk about cognitive dissonance limey!?!? errrr, your supposed "own point of view, not swayed by the bias of the popular media" comment about the (beige to dark brown) danger to the co$z$y christian/(cowboys &) westerner's UNcivilization is precisely the same view as those of the tea baggers party, A(nger) M(alice) rant radio, the christian WRONG, FUX "news", the financially fortunate .001%, the global heating denyers & so sadly droning on & on, that disappointingly make up the majority in the (dis)united police states of ameriKKKa - sense you feel right at home living there limeygent.
  • Options

limeygent said:

"Still, considering in other posts you've shown yourself to be somewhere to the right of the Tea Party, it's hardly surprising".

Nowhere near "right of The Tea Party". I have my own point of view, not swayed by the bias of the popular media. The Western, Christian civilizations are in danger, particularly while Obama and his cronies are in The White House.

talk about cognitive dissonance limey!?!? errrr, your supposed "own point of view, not swayed by the bias of the popular media" comment about the (beige to dark brown) danger to the co$z$y christian/(cowboys &) westerner's UNcivilization is precisely the same view as those of the tea baggers party, A(nger) M(alice) rant radio, the christian WRONG, FUX "news", the financially fortunate .001%, the global heating denyers & so sadly droning on & on, that disappointingly make up the majority in the (dis)united police states of ameriKKKa - sense you feel right at home living there limeygent.
    Phew.

Thank goodness for the British sense of fair play.

• Options
    Guys, guys, guys there's a whole other thread for discussion of the current goings on in Gaza. Why not take your views over there rather than conflate the two subjects...

charltonlife.com/discussion/62919/israel-time-to-exclude-them-from-world-sport#latest
  • Options

Guys, guys, guys there's a whole other thread for discussion of the current goings on in Gaza. Why not take your views over there rather than conflate the two subjects...

charltonlife.com/discussion/62919/israel-time-to-exclude-them-from-world-sport#latest

conflation? or connecting the dots is the act of a healthy, questioning mind?
  • Options
    Almost feel sorry for a rabid right winger with all our salivating lefties circling and descending on his bleeding and battered carcass...
  • Options

Dreadful situation but I can't see what can be done against Putin other than hitting the oligarchs as suggested by Prague. Will the west have the balls and will to do this and risk escalating the situation ? Sorry I can't see it. There will be a thousand mealy mouthed political words spoken and when all the dust has settled fuck all will be done.

Forgive my ignorance - but as if Putin is going to worry about persuing the oligarchs - what impact is that going to make? surely about as much impact as Cameron telling him not to be a naughty boy and not to do it again.
    I have got to choose my words carefully here, but there is an increasing belief that Putin' s relationship with certain oligarchs, including that dead-eyed goon at Chelsea who doesn't actually live here, oh, no Mr Taxman, is quite friendly.
  • Options

Almost feel sorry for a rabid right winger with all our salivating lefties circling and descending on his bleeding and battered carcass...

Don't worry, there'll be some ill informed, poorly constructed and badly spelled responses from the South London branch of combat 18 along shortly to balance things out... ;)
    Wot do you now about it u commie?

• Options
    I've tried to avoid getting into political discussion on here, I've found that there's no such thing as a point of view that isn't based purely on whether one is either left or right of center, and not because one has one's own point of view. I am amazed by the perception of what is "The Tea Party", a movement that is nothing more than people who believe that government is too intrusive in their lives.

http://mic.com/articles/68947/the-biggest-mainstream-media-myths-about-the-tea-party-debunked
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    limey - you can never be taken seriously on here until you learn to spell 'centre' correctly.

:-)
  • Options
    limeygent said:

I've tried to avoid getting into political discussion on here, I've found that there's no such thing as a point of view that isn't based purely on whether one is either left or right of center, and not because one has one's own point of view. I am amazed by the perception of what is "The Tea Party", a movement that is nothing more than people who believe that government is too intrusive in their lives.

http://mic.com/articles/68947/the-biggest-mainstream-media-myths-about-the-tea-party-debunked

Clearly...

• Options
    limeygent said:

oh my, the tea bag party as anarchist(true meaning) savior??? pleeeez limeygent - just listen to their "candidates", even worse their fawning fux news/talkradio trumpeters, even more terrifying, the majority of their rabid book of revelations quoting supporters!!!!!!! it makes for a sadly absurdist freakshow.
  • Options
    For goodness sakes Tropics, you're as bad a limey gent - its 'saviour'.

The whole World is going to hell in a handcart. Nobody has standards anymore.
  • Options
    Addickted said:

For goodness sakes Tropics, you're as bad a limey gent - its 'saviour'.

The whole World is going to hell in a handcart. Nobody has standards anymore.

sorrreee ted, been in lost angles 25 years too long:>)))
  • Options
    all those "...our' ending words get the u dropped over here, and i get lazy/at home some times...
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    Addickted said:

limey - you can never be taken seriously on here until you learn to spell 'centre' correctly.

You are correct, my English "O" Level has been completely wasted since arriving here. Sometimes I forget where I am....
  • Options
    edited July 2014

all those "...our' ending words get the u dropped over here, and i get lazy/at home some times...

limeygent said:

Addickted said:

You are correct, my English "O" Level has been completely wasted since arriving here. Sometimes I forget where I am....
    Well let this be a warning to both of you - I don't expect to see these basic errors again.

Oh, and grey is spelt with an 'e', it's pronounced al-u-min-ee-um and most important of all is there's an 'f' in Lieutenant.

• Options
    edited July 2014

limeygent said:

Just popped in to say this guy really creeps me out.
    I'm going to go out on a limb and suggest he is maybe not going to be about for too much longer and we can all move swiftly on...
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

LuckyReds said:

Dreadful situation but I can't see what can be done against Putin other than hitting the oligarchs as suggested by Prague. Will the west have the balls and will to do this and risk escalating the situation ? Sorry I can't see it. There will be a thousand mealy mouthed political words spoken and when all the dust has settled fuck all will be done.

If I remember rightly, when the violence began in the Crimea, one of David Camerons aides was photographed entering Downing Street with some documents. When the photograph was examined the documents clearly advised against any financial investigations due to the impact it may have on the City and our economy...

I may well be wrong, but this sounds familiar.
    I really don't think you can get that much from a photograph of some one holding something. Unless they were holding it right up to the camera
    I found the article, and it appears the photo was actually over the shoulder - and of the document only!
    UK seeking to ensure Russia sanctions do not harm City of London

Government document photographed outside No 10 states that 'London's financial centre' should not be closed to Russians
    http://www.theguardian.com/world/2014/mar/03/uk-seeks-russia-harm-city-london-document

• Options
    This piece gives some guidance on why targeting the likes of Abrahmovich and his ilk could be very effective....

http://www.afr.com/p/world/russian_billionaires_fear_global_j9fWUUvOGjda3lvi0UtzZJ

....the bottom line is that these people are currently swanning around London with their ill-gotten gains precisely because Putin gives them protection - if Cameron is serious about this and starts freezing their assets and making life uncomfortable then the game starts to change.
  • Options
    This piece gives some guidance on why targeting the likes of Abrahmovich and his ilk could be very effective....

http://www.afr.com/p/world/russian_billionaires_fear_global_j9fWUUvOGjda3lvi0UtzZJ

....the bottom line is that these people are currently swanning around London with their ill-gotten gains precisely because Putin gives them protection - if Cameron is serious about this and starts freezing their assets and making life uncomfortable then the game starts to change.

Cameron and all our political classes have not got the guts to do what ordinary UK citizens feel is right.

Quote · Like LOL
  • Options

Cameron and all our political classes have not got the guts to do what ordinary UK citizens feel is right.

Quote · Like LOL

I am not sure about that, I think that Putin has really pushed things way too far with this and its very much a case of this being the straw that broke the Camel's back.

Its one thing him invading Georgia/Ukraine and pissing about in his own backyard - in which the West has little interest - but when his actions lead to jet-liners getting blown out of the sky then that is absolutely a tipping point.

More than anything else who know what other nutters Putin has allowed these weapons to reach? Unless he brings these lunatics into line - and its a bit late now anyway - then who knows what else they could get up to?

The Russian oligarchs in London have plenty of money but not much political cache, they use expensive PR firms like Bell Pottinger to fluff up their image but all political parties know that punishing the Russian oligarchs will cost them nothing at the ballot box and Cameron might see this as a real political opportunity given next year's election.

• Options
    limeygent said:

How do you tell the difference between Palestinian civilians and those launching the rockets? The Israelis warned that "civilians" should get out of the way. It seems to me that they are doing what they said they were going to do, destroy Hamas' ability to launch rockets into Israel.

Have you any idea how small the Gaza Strip is and how many people live there?
    The population density is 13,000 per square mile. For the sake of clarity, that's about double the population density of Los Angeles. Precisely where do you think they should "get out of the way" to? Particularly as they can't get over the heavily guarded borders and coastline is blockaded.
  • Options

Quote · Like LOL

I am not sure about that, I think that Putin has really pushed things way too far with this and its very much a case of this being the straw that broke the Camel's back.

Its one thing him invading Georgia/Ukraine and pissing about in his own backyard - in which the West has little interest - but when his actions lead to jet-liners getting blown out of the sky then that is absolutely a tipping point.

More than anything else who know what other nutters Putin has allowed these weapons to reach? Unless he brings these lunatics into line - and its a bit late now anyway - then who knows what else they could get up to?

The Russian oligarchs in London have plenty of money but not much political cache, they use expensive PR firms like Bell Pottinger to fluff up their image but all political parties know that punishing the Russian oligarchs will cost them nothing at the ballot box and Cameron might see this as a real political opportunity given next year's election.

Whilst I'd very much like to see Roman et al have sanctions imposed, or at least their finances scrutinised much more intensly, I fear that the threat of tit for tat action with UK businesses in Moscow will preclude any meaningful action.
  • Options

Quote · Like LOL

In which the West had little interest? The West supported the Ukrainian uprising and for NATO reasons the West and the EU had significant interest already.
  • Options
    Some things transcend petty football rivalries...

m.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-tyne-28383787
  • Options

I hope the government will take action, but the Tories need to be pushed on this. One difficulty is that the ridiculous "non-dom" status we have offered has encouraged people of dubious wealth from other countries as well as Russia to swan around London, as you rightly put it. Some of them are Ukrainian. One, indeed was being courted by a consortium to buy Charlton from the last shower, but he was never really locked in, and the turmoil in Ukraine put an end to it. Ironically I was told that he is friendly with RA. So the political problem becomes, how do you justify targeting RA over tax matters and not the Ukrainians or Arabs? This is a problem of Osborne's making, courting such dubious money, and I have no faith in him to address it.
  • Options
    " ill informed,badly constructed,poorly spelled, from Combat 18 in South London" ------Leroy you know me so well !

PS Combat 18 ?????? im in my 50z