Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Malaysia Airlines Plane

Comments

• Options

sad, sad. sad. sad.

hmmm, malaysia was on my visit list during our planned one way ticket to s e asia in the next year...9now under military rule)thailand was the first stop, we are running out of regional options...on a related note, i see "they", knowing the malaysia airlines story would be the lead everywhere, invaded their gaza strip internment camp...callous opportunism.

Yeah. They thought, ooh quick no one will notice.

Your rants are getting more delusional mate.
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    I am deeply saddened and shocked that once again that, if proved to be true, the human race has yet again decided to inflict pain and suffering on innocent men, women and children. I would like to think that Putin will be finished if it is proved that the Russian separatists were responsible, he is like an old dinosaur from an age ago trying desperately to make Russia look like a super power back to the days of the USSR. If the Russian people are prepared to put up with this type of atrocity, then we have moved no further forward from when Gorbachove (sp) tried to move the country away from its totalitarian past.
    I also fear that now the Russians have the black boxes they will not be handed over to the international community without being tampered with.
    It is a sad world we live in, and I fear that this atrocity and the current middle east flair up are leading the world inevitably towards a situation where we will see other countries embroiled in further conflicts as the politicians of certain persuasions take sides.

My heart goes out to the families and friends of all who perished, may those that have left us RIP.

What a sad, sad day, yet again for the human race, perhaps we should be renamed the in-human race.
  • Options
    Still unidentified nationalities on the plane. I suspect they might be American which is being withheld from public to stop a greater public backlash.

Such a sad and needless tradegy. RIP to those who died
  • Options
    Obama was talking yesterday as if it would be a bigger tragedy if USA citizens were on board than if there weren't.
  • Options
    It would be for America.
  • Options
    RIP to those that died.

If any good comes of this it is that Putin will withdraw support from the separatists
  • Options
    The fact black boxes have gone straight to Russia I would expect we will never find the full truth about this.

Given these missiles are complex it is likely mercenary fired it. Mercenaries likely funded by Russia.
  • Options
    I read that with these rocket launchers an experienced operator would be able to tell if it was a passenger jet.

So likely a funded rebel rather than soviet or Ukrainian army. However if you wanted to get world opinion on your side why not do it on purpose and blame the others.
  • Options

I read that with these rocket launchers an experienced operator would be able to tell if it was a passenger jet.

So likely a funded rebel rather than soviet or Ukrainian army. However if you wanted to get world opinion on your side why not do it on purpose and blame the others.

It's a bit of a conspiracy theory, but I won't deny my thoughts had considered this.
  • Options

Just watched a report and I can't believe how intact parts of the plane are (and lots of the bodies which wasn't nice viewing) I would have thought an aircraft shot by a missile and falling 30,000 feet would disintegrate?

The saddest part was an officer going through recovered passports and opening them, so you saw faces, names and dates of birth. So sad.

They shouldn't be showing that on TV reports, so disrespectful to relatives waiting for news of loved ones. They should be the first to know not the general public watching on TV.
    =indeed, but sadly, the media know, the more gory, disrespectful, plain wrong, the more people gawp at the boob tube.
    like your friends in Gaza you mean, setting up their cameras where they know it is going to be bombed for a bit more sympathy? who would have thought it.

My children are flying tonight to South Africa - i had to turn the radio news off on way to Heathrow.

Does the plane head over Ukraine then? tsk, the appalling state of geography in our schools these days.

My children are flying tonight to South Africa - i had to turn the radio news off on way to Heathrow.

Does the plane head over Ukraine then? tsk, the appalling state of geography in our schools these days.
    flagged for that?

I was also concerned about my kids getting a bus in Hythe today, it may have been heading over the Gaza Strip joint, I don't mind admitting I turned away and shed a tear for the poor benighted Palestinians and their frothing supporters, sob.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Just been told that some family were booked onto the Flight yet there had been a mistake and there weren't enough seats so they had to be put on to a later one...
  • Options

There is going to be absolute hell to pay for this for Putin if it is proved this was done by Russian-backed separatists.

It looks likely at the moment that this was done by Russian separatists with either Russian SAM's or equipment captured by the Ukrainians.

As The Economist reported the other week Putin has been too smart by half in backing these splinter groups - he has created a monster that he cannot create in the same way that the Americans ended up regretting backing the Jihadists in Afghanistan.

Putin can do whatever he wants and he knows it. The American's will never stop him because they're scared shitless of how Russia would retaliate.
  • Options
    One of my staff just called in sick - her son's best friend was on the plane :-(

She's been up all night consoling him and crying

• Options
    This is so sad . RIP the 298

On sky now saying 2 newcastle fans were on the plane on their way to watch them play in new zealand
  • Options

Just been told that some family were booked onto the Flight yet there had been a mistake and there weren't enough seats so they had to be put on to a later one...

There's another story about an unfortunate steward who died because he swapped shifts onto the flight - but in a bizarre twist, his wife is only alive because she swapped shifts OFF of the previous Malaysian airlines disaster 4 months ago.
  • Options
    edited July 2014

Seen that article. I know it's great for them and all that, but the way they conducted themselves isn't that great.
  • Options
    Huskaris said:

Seen that article. I know it's great for them and all that, but the way they conducted themselves isn't that great.
    yeah, saying they had some one watching over them... shame that same entity didn't watch over 298 other people... SMH
  • Options
    Omg horrible news! RIP to all those poor people on board and to the poor children killed playing on the beach
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

There's another story about an unfortunate steward who died because he swapped shifts onto the flight - but in a bizarre twist, his wife is only alive because she swapped shifts OFF of the previous Malaysian airlines disaster 4 months ago.
    @charltonaddictedmatt

Lol... Really ?

• Options

@charltonaddictedmatt

Lol... Really ?

Lol was not what instantly comes to mind. Maybe omg I would have thought.
  • Options
    Huskaris said:

Think I saw them on the news - older white man, young asian wife and child?
    All smiles being interviewd at airport.

Could be shock though.
  • Options
    MrOneLung said:

Huskaris said:

Think I saw them on the news - older white man, young asian wife and child?
    All smiles being interviewd at airport.

Could be shock though.
    I am not sure how I would react if I had been bumped off a flight that crashed and I am not sure how I would appear on camera less than 24 hours afterwards.
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uk9aNsTmoWM

not sure if this is legit or even if the subtitles are correct. Sickening their attitude to it if true. I'm guessing a very senior rebel general is chewing out these "rebels" now.
  • Options
    Just read the article in Metro of the Dutch couple going on holiday who took a picture of the plane at the gate, and posted on Facebook 'if this one goes missing, this is what it looks like'
  • Options

@charltonaddictedmatt

Lol... Really ?

Sorry, I don't get why this is a 'Lol'.
    Apart from this not being a 'Lol' topic, the story came from bbc news feed, so I have no reason to doubt it. Also what's charltonaddictedmatt got to do with it?
    Am I missing something?
  • Options

@charltonaddictedmatt

Lol... Really ?

Apart from this not being a 'Lol' topic, the story came from bbc news feed, so I have no reason to doubt it. Also what's charltonaddictedmatt got to do with it?
    Am I missing something?
    charltonaddictedmatt "lol"ed your comment.

Others found that inappropriate.

• Options

@charltonaddictedmatt

Lol... Really ?

Am I missing something?
    charltonaddictedmatt "lol"ed your comment.

Others found that inappropriate.

Ah, I see.
    I thought SHG was lolling it.
    Apologies SHG.
  • Options
    Not sure if mentioned but two Newcastle United fans, following the team on tour, have been confirmed as on the flight