Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Post-Palace Police Arrangements.

Absolutely staggered at the stupidity of our police. Staggered.

Comments

• Options
    OB hitting out with batons according to my son
  • Options
    Yes they have been poor
  • Options
    So I'm with my 9 year old brother.

I left five minutes before the 90 to get him out without any aggro. As I left the Arthur Waite I was greeted by a wall of OB either side.

Walked one way towards where my car was parked ... Nope, other way sir. Few words and went the other way to be told to go the other way! Pissed off now, I'm trying to explain that I'm with a 9 year old and could do without massive angry crowds.

They were having none of it. Despite pointing out his age and where the car was and the fact I was walking away from the ground.

Then they let us through the other end at full time to be greeted by a swarm of Palace leaving their exit with no old bill to be seen.

What sort of fucking idiot thought of this?

Shambles, fucking shambles.
  • Options
    Get home safe Charlton fans...
  • Options
    Left after the pen / sending off. Literally had to slalom though old bill and must have past 400 back to NJ
  • Options
    Left on 85 mins. Some very bizarre stuff going on. Managed to escape but seemed that they were doing a good job of turning a load of people who couldn't get home quick enough into an angry baying mob. Should think it's pretty lively there by now. This thread'll be on ten pages by this time tomorrow.
  • Options
    Went a bit mental when I saw some random policeman smacking a few of ours for no reason other than singing toward the palace fans after they scored.

Was told by one policeman not to worry as it's all on cctcv and I didn't need to take his number.

Not sure on the legalities of things but pretty sure they have to give this when asked for.
  • Options
    "No, you and a nine year old can't leave and get away from the Palace fans. But please do walk past that angry mob, past those Palace fans"

What bellend thought that was a good idea, I really am baffled.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    nichorob said:
    Yeh and I bet the palace fans are acting like angels

• Options
    Let's blame the police not the people who throw the glass bottles...
  • Options
    Looks like it's getting tasty

#cpfc #cafc pic.twitter.com/gXObm3THnS

— FBGLYNCH (@a_lynch98) September 23, 2015
  • Options

Went a bit mental when I saw some random policeman smacking a few of ours for no reason other than singing toward the palace fans after they scored.

Was told by one policeman not to worry as it's all on cctcv and I didn't need to take his number.

Not sure on the legalities of things but pretty sure they have to give this when asked for.

Get your smart phone out, video it and upload to YouTube under the heading 'Police brutality' or 'Police yobs run riot'.
  • Options
    edited September 2015
    Don't bitch about it, Use your phones and Video the police if you believe they are causing chaos or if you think they are being dickheads...
  • Options
    I gave them no trouble, they were perfectly nice to me. A lot of people took out their frustrations in the police I'm sorry to say.
  • Options
    How does anyone have glass bottles?
  • Options
    IA said:

Time machine back to the 1970's, do over a milk float, back to the future...Bamm
  • Options

Absolutely, the root cause of these problems is ALWAYS the fans who can't keep it in perspective and control a few basic emotions like fully functioning human beings.

That said, Addickted2TheReds story does sound ludicrous - if you have a peaceful fan with a child trying to get away from any possible aggro why would you not just let them go on their way?

• Options
    Sorry to say as I walked round the corner by the visitors box office, CAFC fans began chucking bottles at the police and their horses. Had to stop a fellow fan looting a recycling bin in someone's garden looking for further ammo. Police then kettled us. No excuse for that, even if the Palace were doing the same.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Absolutely, the root cause of these problems is ALWAYS the fans who can't keep it in perspective and control a few basic emotions like fully functioning human beings.

That said, Addickted2TheReds story does sound ludicrous - if you have a peaceful fan with a child trying to get away from any possible aggro why would you not just let them go on their way?

Agree with you. Maybe it was unsafe at the time due to Nigel's in the area. Who know mate to be fair. Hate the culture of blaming the police when there's idiots throwing glass at other people..
  • Options
    IA said:

Ah, now that will be the empty Bilco bottles stacked up outside Sainsbury.
  • Options
    Absolutely not condoning the actions of the idiots from both sets of fans who lose sense of reality and start acting up.

However, wh

Agree with you. Maybe it was unsafe at the time due to Nigel's in the area. Who know mate to be fair. Hate the culture of blaming the police when there's idiots throwing glass at other people..
    There wasn't a soul there when that was happening. I was one of the first. The palace lot were in the ground and I could have jogged on with the little one to the car.

But no, instead I was made to wait until full time when everyone came out and then the twats from both sets of fans started acting up.

Police were clueless and idiotic, the fans just plain stupid.
  • Options
    edited September 2015
  • Options

Now THIS kind of shit is embarrassing.

• Options
    The bar signage was dismantled at half time but I assume that was part of a bigger remodeling programme.
  • Options
    Thought police handled it fairly well. Impossible job when some clueless fans wat to get aggressive