Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Post-Palace Police Arrangements.

Comments

• Options
    I did actually whilst waiting around at Selhurst conduct some fake interviews with Palace fans talking about previous CAFC v Palace games.

I asked them about games we won and how that made them feel, along with games we've lost.

Obviously I've edited the ones we've lost out, and dubbed the palace fans upset comments about the wins over Living next door to Alice. Will be on the Charlton Live podcast this evening.
  • Options
    Anyone looking for evidence that we had a large percentage of helmets following us last night, I suggest you pop over to the Facebook group and look at some of the shite being spouted on there.
  • Options

Anyone looking for evidence that we had a large percentage of helmets following us last night, I suggest you pop over to the Facebook group and look at some of the shite being spouted on there.

I don't doubt you for a second but I'd really rather not
  • Options
    seth plum said:

During the first half, one of our fans behind me accidentally clumped me whilst he was doing all the gesturing and arm waving to the accompaniment of his moronic verbal diarrhoea, mainly consisting of words that sounded like anchor, puck and hunt.
    He then leaned on me and saw my shirt, his snout inches from my ear giving out deadly vapours and said 'sorry about that mate, it ain't you, you're one of us', he pointed across to the adjacent Crystal Palace fans and added 'it's them hunts, it's them'.
    And I'm thinking 'no it's you, it's you'.

The working mans sport.
  • Options
    All this " them" --"us" why can't we just join together ? I blame Corbyn and the Labour trash
  • Options
    seth plum said:

During the first half, one of our fans behind me accidentally clumped me whilst he was doing all the gesturing and arm waving to the accompaniment of his moronic verbal diarrhoea, mainly consisting of words that sounded like anchor, puck and hunt.
    He then leaned on me and saw my shirt, his snout inches from my ear giving out deadly vapours and said 'sorry about that mate, it ain't you, you're one of us', he pointed across to the adjacent Crystal Palace fans and added 'it's them hunts, it's them'.

Is it lonely up there on your pedestal Seth?
  • Options
    DA9 said:

What I don't understand, is that I remember going to Selhurst in the 90s with none of this. We didn't trash the ground, and afterwards all walked normally back to the station without police having to herd us around.

And that was, say 3 years after the ground share finished, when Ron Noades was still running Palace, and the pain of groundshare was real. It's 24 years since we groundshared now!

Why?

IMO, for what it's worth as a reformed hoolie, back in the 90's we/me/us had a very small hooligan group mostly made up from the diehards of the 70's & 80's, when our attendances were paltry. We lost at least two generations of fans IMO during the selhurst/Upton park era, kids born locally went to Arsenal, West Ham, Chelsea, man Utd etc. With our (relative for us) success since the late 90's and premiership etc, youngsters locally have grown up with us and have chosen Charlton, our attendances have grown and subsequently the hooligan element is bigger.
    Ps..there was plenty of trouble at those games but away from the ground mostly.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    DA9 said:

DA9 said:

What I don't understand, is that I remember going to Selhurst in the 90s with none of this. We didn't trash the ground, and afterwards all walked normally back to the station without police having to herd us around.

And that was, say 3 years after the ground share finished, when Ron Noades was still running Palace, and the pain of groundshare was real. It's 24 years since we groundshared now!

Why?

IMO, for what it's worth as a reformed hoolie, back in the 90's we/me/us had a very small hooligan group mostly made up from the diehards of the 70's & 80's, when our attendances were paltry. We lost at least two generations of fans IMO during the selhurst/Upton park era, kids born locally went to Arsenal, West Ham, Chelsea, man Utd etc. With our (relative for us) success since the late 90's and premiership etc, youngsters locally have grown up with us and have chosen Charlton, our attendances have grown and subsequently the hooligan element is bigger.
    From my memory of the occasional hairy away game (e.g. Battle of the Bridge, The Den) the feeling was of our fans being the 95% innocent parties, this thugs and dickheads supporting the other team
  • Options

DA9 said:

DA9 said:

Why?

From my memory of the occasional hairy away game (e.g. Battle of the Bridge, The Den) the feeling was of our fans being the 95% innocent parties, this thugs and dickheads supporting the other team
    We took it to palace countless times
  • Options

I'm curious. What Facebook page.
  • Options
    edited September 2015

1nil said:

Nothing else to say but what a complete Ballls up by the old bill, all they had to do was try stop fans mingling straight after the Ft , just keep the aways for 5-10 mins, Thread over on Holmesdale,net they're talking about loads of battles with both sets going at it!
    I saw a big group of Palace lads charge your lot then bottles rained down from your lot of chavy's!
    One neutral Cardiff fan is in hospital having stitches, there's infra-red camera's all over the place so they'll be some door knocked in soon.
    I walked back to the Selhurst station with a couple of you lot was no problems at all had a nice chat with them, considering you got beaten heavily fair play to them.
    EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEeagles ;)

Admit it. You made this up didn't you?
    This palace lot been watching to much football factory me thinks

• Options
    edited September 2015
    ChiAddick said:

Unfortunately it appears to be the official club one, which doesn't seem to be moderated in any way shape or form. It might not be official, but either way its called Charlton Athletic.

Edit - take that back, it is actually labelled unofficial.
  • Options
    Blucher said:

The police's post-match arrangements were certainly odd - especially blocking off the road to the left of the Arthur Waite - but this thread makes depressing reading. We got out down Sangley Road once the police deployed more resources at the corner of Holmesdale Road, so missed most of problems. I don't understand how Palace can stir up this level of aggression - real or contrived - especially as (a) for the most part, they're pretty passive and (b) most of the misbehaviour from Charlton supporters probably came from individuals who were not even born when we had to play over at Selhurst Park. The net result of all this is a reduced ticket allocation, a gigantic police bill (which significantly reduces our 40% share of gate receipts), an inability to have a pre-match beer locally and a really unpleasant experience for people unfortunate enough to be caught up in any trouble.

Both clubs have a few dozen muggy fans who are just total knobs who are so young to even remember what the rivery is actually about so let them just sod off and battle it out green street style somewhere else

• Options

seth plum said:

Is it lonely up there on your pedestal Seth?
    Not judging by responses here.

• Options

ChiAddick said:

Unfortunately it appears to be the official club one, which doesn't seem to be moderated in any way shape or form. It might not be official, but either way its called Charlton Athletic.

The main Charlton group on fb (the one with 6000 odd members) is actually moderated very well by a group of people and one of them works for the club :)
  • Options

ChiAddick said:

The main Charlton group on fb (the one with 6000 odd members) is actually moderated very well by a group of people and one of them works for the club :)
    If you mean Sue she doesn't work for the club. I feel sorry for her and decent fans on there.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I was one of many S/T holders who couldn't get a ticket...as the days unfolded (Rotherham, Hudds, Bburn) I got less and less bothered about that, and now of course I'm bloody glad I 'missed out'. Yeah great support for the team, but life's too short to go through the kinds of experiences described here. Away games with a few hundred of us feel a whole lot better.

The question is what shall we do about it? As a starting point we surely have to be more restrictive about ticket allocation. But we'll only really crack this if the perps are singled out. Plus heavier police presence in the ground - probably paid for by us. Not great, but has anyone got any better ideas?
  • Options

ChiAddick said:

If you mean Sue she doesn't work for the club. I feel sorry for her and decent fans on there.
    Really? She has said multiple times that she does!
  • Options
    I was drinking in a predominantly Palae pub. It was about 20% Charlton. A group of around 8 blokes run in and start shouting "any palace c*nts in here" and punched one bloke round the face. I didn't see the punch but half of the kids face was swollen. This group then decided to start on the minority of Charlton fans. That was before kick off.
  • Options

I was drinking in a predominantly Palae pub. It was about 20% Charlton. A group of around 8 blokes run in and start shouting "any palace c*nts in here" and punched one bloke round the face. I didn't see the punch but half of the kids face was swollen. This group then decided to start on the minority of Charlton fans. That was before kick off.

Fucking stupid. And people wonder why away fans always get given shit designated pubs to drink in, it's because of morons like this.
  • Options

Fucking stupid. And people wonder why away fans always get given shit designated pubs to drink in, it's because of morons like this.
    I was gobsmacked (pardon the pun) - these blokes were in their 40s.
  • Options

these blokes were in their 40s.
    Yoof innit?

Well it is for me.

• Options

Dont know whats the matter with these people. I am perfectly happy going all Green St or Football Factory in the safety of my own room and with the help of a keybord. Proper tasty i am in my head.

It's Pwopa BTW
    You bringing it on son?
  • Options

ChiAddick said:

Really? She has said multiple times that she does!
    Not sure if this is a whoooosh or not but she doesn't work for the club
  • Options
    drewman said:

I took the decision long ago not to do cup games.
    Although disappointed that we once again put in a poor performance, I not surprised by what people are writing above.
    Glad I stayed at home, saved my money and watched the rugby.

Now I'm embarassed to be a charlton fan ;-)
    Doing the same Saturday. I have no shame.
  • Options

All this " them" --"us" why can't we just join together ? I blame Corbyn and the Labour trash

And the Police!!