Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Post-Palace Police Arrangements.

Comments

• Options
    edited September 2015
    It is possible to recognise that Charlton supporters were at fault but that the police still didn't handle the situation well. Addickted, who attended the pre-match liaison meeting, was on my coach and can speak for himself, but we both spoke to a senior Palace steward afterwards who basically thought the police had lost the plot.

Nobody understood why they had moved the coaches, but having done so they made no attempt to manage that situation, and allowed Palace fans to try to intimidate those Charlton fans who had found them and try to damage the vehicles.
  • Options
    Still doesn't excuse their attitude and aggression towards the peaceful fans.
  • Options
    One of our finest tried to punch that eagle of theirs. I would have laughed if it had turned round and ripped his eye out.
    I blame Andrew Mills
  • Options

Fantastic night. Think it's firmly been put to bed with regards to that lot. Great Charlton turnout and a complete piss take

So throwing bottles of beer at CAFC fans is a great night ?

Calling Zaha a Black C*** is a great night.

Calling Pardew a C*** for 90 minutes is a great night.

All 3 of the above i either felt or heard.

My idea of a great night would involve a CAFC win and Rachel Riley.

We have Men/boys who would rather crack one off playing Grand theft auto or playing the hard men at family clubs like Palace.
    (we all know the ultras are a joke)

Where do you disappear to when we play dirty Leeds away.

I was also sitting right next to a bunch of fans who decided to sing "I'd rather be a p*** than Palace" and "fuck all the refugees"

The same bunch that then spent about 10 minutes destroying chairs, and then lobbed one which narrowly (and I do mean very narrowly) missed my head.

I didn't see one thing that impressed me last night, apart from the speed with which the camcording police officer dodged a flare going straight for his head.
  • Options

It is possible to recognise that Charlton supporters were at fault but that the police still didn't handle the situation well. Addickted, who attended the pre-match liaison meeting, was on my coach and can speak for himself, but we both spoke to a senior Palace steward afterwards who basically thought the police had lost the plot.

Nobody understood why they had moved the coaches, but having done so they made no attempt to manage that situation, and allowed Palace fans to try to intimidate those Charlton fans who had found them and try to damage the vehicles.

So any chance of CCTV / video of all this and some arrests? Criminal damage etc etc? Or doesn't it work like that..
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Didn't go and not regretting that; however, have to wonder how did Millwall fans/ thugs end up with ticket in our allocation? Serious question as I was told on Monday by someone in Eltham that though he was going for football reasons he was going with (younger- early 20s) Millwall fans who were only going for the agg.
  • Options
    se9addick said:

Fiiish said:

Sorry to say as I walked round the corner by the visitors box office, CAFC fans began chucking bottles at the police and their horses. Had to stop a fellow fan looting a recycling bin in someone's garden looking for further ammo. Police then kettled us. No excuse for that, even if the Palace were doing the same.

'Course you did mate...
    If I was going to lie about anything, I would have said I smashed in the window of a parked Bentley, hotwired it then drove to a warehouse in Soho to play poker with the Kray Twins.
  • Options
    Fiiish said:

se9addick said:

Fiiish said:

Sorry to say as I walked round the corner by the visitors box office, CAFC fans began chucking bottles at the police and their horses. Had to stop a fellow fan looting a recycling bin in someone's garden looking for further ammo. Police then kettled us. No excuse for that, even if the Palace were doing the same.

'Course you did mate...
    If I was going to lie about anything, I would have said I smashed in the window of a parked Bentley, hotwired it then drove to a warehouse in Soho to play poker with the Kray Twins.
    You git Fiiish, i wondered where my car was!
  • Options
    I took the decision long ago not to do cup games.
    Although disappointed that we once again put in a poor performance, I not surprised by what people are writing above.
    Glad I stayed at home, saved my money and watched the rugby.
  • Options

Welcome to our world, ladies and gentlemen.

I know the stock response is to assume we either deserved it or instigated it, but most of the time that couldn't be further from the truth.

The police, at football matches, have a different agenda to the rest of the force and, until you experience it first hand, it's assumed that football supporters are to blame for situations becoming inflamed.

You've only got to look at the incident involving the Liverpool fan whereby the police lied about his involvement in the copper going arse over tit, and subsequently winning damages as a result of the police forces utter contempt for football fans.

Now, I don't go out of my way to tweak a coppers nipples but I will never cooperate with them when at football.

Bully boys that know they can get away with anything.

Those of you that encountered the real football police have my utmost sympathies.

From the sound of the behaviour inside the ground, you can hardly blame the Police for going a bit OTT
  • Options
    thing I don't get is that many of those causing the trouble were in nappies when we played at Selhurst so I don't see why they are so angry about it all.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited September 2015
    bobmunro said:

Left 2/3 minutes before the end - came out wanted to turn left but couldn't so turned right, couldn't take the first left but a very polite policeman explained that I could at the next one where the horses were. Went between the horses turned left and no issues at all.

From what I saw the police can only react with force to anti-social/violent behaviour by neanderthals - and I don't blame them.

The vast majority of our fans there last night were and always are well behaved and respectful. The small minority, although it appeared larger than normal, are a shit stain on our club (and all clubs have them) and should just fuck off and crawl back under the stones from whence they came.

Indeed, but why bother having a planning meeting and then not following the plan? Why add to the confusion by giving misinformation - or no information - as supporters leave? It's very easy to have one copper with a megaphone explaining what is happening and what is being asked of people, even if the plan changes. That would have gone a long way to assisting the law-abiding majority. Most of the police simply did not know, so could not respond to one-to-one enquiries usefully. One copper was adamant that the coaches had not been moved, which was obvious nonsense.

Why make promises to coach drivers even when the plans have been revised that you do not keep, and where were they when a very small minority of Palace fans, absolutely predictably, went for the coaches? It would only have taken a couple of them to deter the level of idiot that wants to kick a coach.
  • Options
    edited September 2015
    I was also sitting right next to a bunch of fans who decided to sing "I'd rather be a p*** than Palace" and "fuck all the refugees"

The same bunch that then spent about 10 minutes destroying chairs, and then lobbed one which narrowly (and I do mean very narrowly) missed my head.

I didn't see one thing that impressed me last night, apart from the speed with which the camcording police officer dodged a flare going straight for his head.

Probably the same people that trashed the khazis as well. Not good.
  • Options

thing I don't get is that many of those causing the trouble were in nappies when we played at Selhurst so I don't see why they are so angry about it all.

I was. I did often get funny looks though as I was 9 years old.
  • Options
    Sorry but quote thingy didn't work properly - first part of my post is a quote from @Huskaris. Only the last line is mine!
  • Options
    edited September 2015

It is possible to recognise that Charlton supporters were at fault
    but that the police still didn't handle the situation well. Addickted, who attended the pre-match liaison meeting, was on my coach and can speak for himself, but we both spoke to a senior Palace steward afterwards who basically thought the police had lost the plot.

Airman, you should be a politician.

The police who were blocking fans off going into Whitehorse Road,
    and telling them to go towards the corner of Homesdale road were only carrying out orders from above (why i decided when i was younger i could never join the forces or the police)
    Be patience and wait 20 minutes would have made more sense as i realise that some idiots might have wanted to have ago at Palace fans in the Sainsbury end of the ground so even thou the majority were car drivers( not drinking ) or their passengers who wanted to go in that direction it was frustrating.
    My son and i just stood by a wall near the police and talked to other sober fans how long it would be before they realized they were in the wrong place and would move towards the Holmesdale road end ?
    Longer than it should of done.

I can only imagine who ever was in charge of the police operation was new to the job and was not a good listener because that could have turned into a disaster.

The CAFC fans who got tickets for people who were banned or were not CAFC fans and were only there for the aggro should be ashamed because with all the millions that Palace get from being in the premiership they could ban CAFC next time we play each other at Selhurst or their new ground in Surrey(20 years time ?) from having any tickets.

• Options

bobmunro said:

Left 2/3 minutes before the end - came out wanted to turn left but couldn't so turned right, couldn't take the first left but a very polite policeman explained that I could at the next one where the horses were. Went between the horses turned left and no issues at all.

From what I saw the police can only react with force to anti-social/violent behaviour by neanderthals - and I don't blame them.

The vast majority of our fans there last night were and always are well behaved and respectful. The small minority, although it appeared larger than normal, are a shit stain on our club (and all clubs have them) and should just fuck off and crawl back under the stones from whence they came.

Indeed, but why bother having a planning meeting and then not following the plan? Why add to the confusion by giving misinformation - or no information - as supporters leave? It's very easy to have one copper with a megaphone explaining what is happening and what is being asked of people, even if the plan changes. That would have gone a long way to assisting the law-abiding majority. Most of the police simply did not know, so could not respond to one-to-one enquiries usefully. One copper was adamant that the coaches had not been moved, which was obvious nonsense.

Why make promises to coach drivers even when the plans have been revised that you do not keep, and where were they when a very small minority of Palace fans, absolutely predictably, went for the coaches? It would only have taken a couple of them to deter the level of idiot that wants to kick a coach.
    My comments didn't cover their clear lack of organisational ability and I agree with your criticisms.
  • Options
    edited September 2015
  • Options

bobmunro said:

It's very easy to have one copper with a megaphone explaining what is happening and what is being asked of people, even if the plan changes. That would have gone a long way to assisting the law-abiding majority. .

They told me last time that this was allowed. I did point out that the police at Charlton and elsewhere do it. Just another excuse for their incompetence.

Not that that excuses the appealing behaviour from SOME of our fans.