Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Post-Palace Police Arrangements.

Comments

• Options
    Good that we had a meeting with them a couple of weeks ago
  • Options

All this " them" --"us" why can't we just join together ? I blame Corbyn and the Labour trash

Anyone who goes on a motorbike trip to East Germany with Diane Abbott is a wrong'un in my book.
  • Options
    edited September 2015

So throwing bottles of beer at CAFC fans is a great night ?

Calling Zaha a Black C*** is a great night.

Calling Pardew a C*** for 90 minutes is a great night.

All 3 of the above i either felt or heard.

My idea of a great night would involve a CAFC win and Rachel Riley.

We have Men/boys who would rather crack one off playing Grand theft auto or playing the hard men at family clubs like Palace.
    (we all know the ultras are a joke)

Where do you disappear to when we play dirty Leeds away.

C'mon admit it Sam... this one is kinda fun.

With you on the rest, although Rachel isn't really my type.
  • Options
    DA9 said:

DA9 said:

DA9 said:

What I don't understand, is that I remember going to Selhurst in the 90s with none of this. We didn't trash the ground, and afterwards all walked normally back to the station without police having to herd us around.

And that was, say 3 years after the ground share finished, when Ron Noades was still running Palace, and the pain of groundshare was real. It's 24 years since we groundshared now!

Why?

IMO, for what it's worth as a reformed hoolie, back in the 90's we/me/us had a very small hooligan group mostly made up from the diehards of the 70's & 80's, when our attendances were paltry. We lost at least two generations of fans IMO during the selhurst/Upton park era, kids born locally went to Arsenal, West Ham, Chelsea, man Utd etc. With our (relative for us) success since the late 90's and premiership etc, youngsters locally have grown up with us and have chosen Charlton, our attendances have grown and subsequently the hooligan element is bigger.
    Ps..there was plenty of trouble at those games but away from the ground mostly.
    From my memory of the occasional hairy away game (e.g. Battle of the Bridge, The Den) the feeling was of our fans being the 95% innocent parties, this thugs and dickheads supporting the other team
    We took it to palace countless times
    Indeed. I think it was 1969, my first away game with my mates instead of my dad. We got the 75 from Cherry orchard and when we got there things were getting very lively!
  • Options

DA9 said:

DA9 said:

DA9 said:

What I don't understand, is that I remember going to Selhurst in the 90s with none of this. We didn't trash the ground, and afterwards all walked normally back to the station without police having to herd us around.

And that was, say 3 years after the ground share finished, when Ron Noades was still running Palace, and the pain of groundshare was real. It's 24 years since we groundshared now!

Why?

IMO, for what it's worth as a reformed hoolie, back in the 90's we/me/us had a very small hooligan group mostly made up from the diehards of the 70's & 80's, when our attendances were paltry. We lost at least two generations of fans IMO during the selhurst/Upton park era, kids born locally went to Arsenal, West Ham, Chelsea, man Utd etc. With our (relative for us) success since the late 90's and premiership etc, youngsters locally have grown up with us and have chosen Charlton, our attendances have grown and subsequently the hooligan element is bigger.
    From my memory of the occasional hairy away game (e.g. Battle of the Bridge, The Den) the feeling was of our fans being the 95% innocent parties, this thugs and dickheads supporting the other team
    Indeed. I think it was 1969, my first away game with my mates instead of my dad. We got the 75 from Cherry orchard and when we got there things were getting very lively!
    Back then it was breaking out everywhere, one of the things that led to Heysel etc in the 1980s.

Post WC1990 and Taylor, I don't remember much aggro at Charlton Palace matches at all in the 1990s. Even the playoff games in 1996 were pretty peaceful.
  • Options

This is one of the reasons why rugby is so much better in many ways

Why to get pissed before the game then fight ur own fans while all time thinking they are upper class while all football fans are unemployed dolelite scum
    And all the while watching men grab each other by the gonads

• Options
    I honestly thought that some millwall knuckle draggers had infiltrated us last night! Shame really on the majority!
  • Options
    LouisMend said:

I walked all the way from Norwood Junction to the ground, one handed.

Took the bloody piss didn't I.

Walked down West Wickham high street this morning too.

And walked from Charing Cross to work.

No one even said a word to me.

no-one fucks with News Shopper.
  • Options
    edited September 2015
    I have to say I was surprised, that it was similar to the last game. When I queued up for tickets there must have been around 300 people all told. None of them looked like trouble.

So the only conclusion you can make, is that as S/T holders are permitted 2 each, potentially up to approx 1500 tickets can go to non Charlton supporters or "Charlton supporters" that only go to games to cause trouble, such as Millwall and Palace.. (As JohnnyH2 has already said.) It's not rocket science.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

We have Men/boys who would rather crack one off playing Grand theft auto or playing the hard men at family clubs like Palace.

Singing Pardew is a C###
    Is like singing The Pope is a Catholic.

if not Rachel Riley, Exciled Addick,

Kate Beckinsale,Ellie Goulding, Ann Widdecombe or David Beckham.

No reply needed if partner reads CL :wink:

• Options
    Diane Abbot on a motor bike? FFS I'd burn my own eyes out
  • Options
    I thought it was just me getting old last night. But I thought some of the chanting, swearing and the gestures to the Palace fans were over the top. You always expect the banter - but, for the first time - I thought some of our 'fans' weren't actually there to watch the game! I went to see a game of football and support the team I follow. Lots of (largely) drunken idiots made it uncomfortable and IMO - a sickening experience. How were fans allowed to take beer bottles into the stands? I was on Airman's coach and had to walk round the block and back down past the ground, and the leaving home fans, mainly because the Police couldn't tell me where the bus had been moved to. Didn't get home until 12:35. An experience I don't think I'll be repeating.
  • Options

Singing Pardew is a C###
    Is like singing The Pope is a Catholic.

if not Rachel Riley, Exciled Addick,

Kate Beckinsale,Ellie Goulding, Ann Widdecombe or David Beckham.

No reply needed if partner reads CL :wink:

Out of that lot, probably Becks although it's probably a moot point as I doubt any of them are into 19 stone fellas!

• Options

DA9 said:

DA9 said:

DA9 said:

Why?

Back then it was breaking out everywhere, one of the things that led to Heysel etc in the 1980s.

Post WC1990 and Taylor, I don't remember much aggro at Charlton Palace matches at all in the 1990s. Even the playoff games in 1996 were pretty peaceful.
    Lots went on away from the ground, for instance, blackheath common and village after 96 play off.
  • Options
    edited September 2015
    The last time I had a problem, with the coaches being moved, was the play off final game at St Andrews v Leeds.

The police also insisted that night that they hadn't moved them & didn't know where they were.

NB, I said prior to last night's game, that there should be more stewards inside the ground to try & prevent vandalism of the seats & toilets. Once again it ain't rocket science, but if there were more stewards, it wasn't apparent.

Much of the trouble could have been prevented, if there weren't incompetents making decisions.
  • Options

I have to say I was surprised, that it was similar to the last game. When I queued up for tickets there must have been around 300 people all told. None of them looked like trouble.

So the only conclusion you can make, is that as S/T holders are permitted 2 each, potentially up to approx 1500 tickets can go to non Charlton supporters or "Charlton supporters" that only go to games to cause trouble, such as Millwall and Palace.. (As JohnnyH2 has already said.) It's not rocket science.

Think your over-analysing it CE - it was just a derby day situation. Every clubs support changes for a derby, I mean look at Watford, normal bunch, yet when they play Luton their support is unrecognisable and it's the same for most clubs.
  • Options
    edited September 2015

Funny the usual complete split on here - i think half of us would like our support to be like that (mindless vandalism and bottle throwing etc apart) most weeks and half would absolute hate it.

Not saying either side is right - just a different view on going to football.

The consolation for those who hate night like last night is that they happen at most once a season and we all know in advance so it can be avoided, whereas if you supported someone like Leeds you'd have to tolerate it at most away games.

I know which side is right.

Sorry just read your post again and clearly misread the first time - apologies. Passion is fine of course - but as you say mindless thugery isn't.

• Options
    bobmunro said:

Funny the usual complete split on here - i think half of us would like our support to be like that (mindless vandalism and bottle throwing etc apart) most weeks and half would absolute hate it.

The consolation for those who hate night like last night is that they happen at most once a season and we all know in advance so it can be avoided, whereas if you supported someone like Leeds you'd have to tolerate it at most away games.

I know which side is right.
    He did say mindless vandalism and bottle throwing apart.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

I'm not sure that most (non local rival) away fans at The Valley are that much more passionate and noisy than Charlton fans at similar away matches. It's not as if most matches there's a cauldron of noise coming from that end!
  • Options
    edited September 2015

This is one of the reasons why rugby is so much better in many ways

Why to get pissed before the game then fight ur own fans while all time thinking they are upper class while all football fans are unemployed dolelite scum
    And all the while watching men grab each other by the gonads

Barely kept understood that but I'm not sure what late night rugby you've been watching but stick to ITV.
  • Options
    cafc-west said:

I thought it was just me getting old last night. But I thought some of the chanting, swearing and the gestures to the Palace fans were over the top. You always expect the banter - but, for the first time - I thought some of our 'fans' weren't actually there to watch the game! I went to see a game of football and support the team I follow. Lots of (largely) drunken idiots made it uncomfortable and IMO - a sickening experience. How were fans allowed to take beer bottles into the stands? I was on Airman's coach and had to walk round the block and back down past the ground, and the leaving home fans, mainly because the Police couldn't tell me where the bus had been moved to. Didn't get home until 12:35. An experience I don't think I'll be repeating.

Let me know when your balls return to your sack.
  • Options
    I took a Liverpool fan (seriously).. he was right trouble

Effing and blinding for the entire journey back until they finally dispatched Carlisle in Penalties when he punched.. the air.
  • Options
    edited September 2015

I took a Liverpool fan (seriously).. he was right trouble

Effing and blinding for the entire journey back until they finally dispatched Carlisle in Penalties when he punched.. the air.

Did you tell him to calm down,calm down.

When Liverpool beat a mid League two team on pens and who left their best striker on the bench, you have to wonder if their squad is that strong.

• Options

cafc-west said:

Let me know when your balls return to your sack.
    They've never left. We all have our own opinions - it's what this site is about and I thought it was OTT.
  • Options
    The whole night was Ott some of our"fans" and I use the word loosely from the few short vids I've seen were a disgrace to our club which was why I didn't go
  • Options

NB, I said prior to last night's game, that there should be more stewards inside the ground to try & prevent vandalism of the seats & toilets. Once again it ain't rocket science, but if there were more stewards, it wasn't apparent.

Much of the trouble could have been prevented, if there weren't incompetents making decisions.

I assume the home team pays for the stewards, so why would palace shell out extra money when they can just bill CAFC for uIe damage. They might as well have just smashed up the valley