Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Post-Palace Police Arrangements.

Comments

• Options
    I left after 2-0. Comfy journey home! We were annihilated tonight and when the pen was given I was off.... I did get a beer to the face at half time but I filed that under "part and parcel".

I'm getting old - I realised that tonight. What a shame all round.
  • Options
    Nothing else to say but what a complete Ballls up by the old bill, all they had to do was try stop fans mingling straight after the Ft , just keep the aways for 5-10 mins, Thread over on Holmesdale,net they're talking about loads of battles with both sets going at it!
    I saw a big group of Palace lads charge your lot then bottles rained down from your lot of chavy's!
    One neutral Cardiff fan is in hospital having stitches, there's infra-red camera's all over the place so they'll be some door knocked in soon.
    I walked back to the Selhurst station with a couple of you lot was no problems at all had a nice chat with them, considering you got beaten heavily fair play to them.
    EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEeagles ;)
  • Options
    As I scroll down this thread my wish to defend us fans deteriorates when I read that glass bottles were thrown in and around crowded family areas. That's just scummy mindless behaviour. I hate that.

I went tonight and it was just an all round crappy experience, mostly because of the football.
    Disappointment of the losing margin, team selection and our lack of threat. Was not a good fiery derby on the pitch. Not one that a Charlton fan could enjoy apart from going in at HT honours even (flattered us) and our consolation goal/potential comeback.

I would say these games, rightly or wrongly, are not suitable or worth bringing a child to. You should be able to do that, but really, It does not make an appropriate match experience for a child. You know what these games bring.

There was so much shit going on it was chaos.

Not good to see people so off their tits it ends up Charlton fans turning on each other.

I love games like these but nothing was gained from tonight. Writing was on the wall we all knew it.
  • Options

Lots of nobs from both fans after the game at the junction of Holmesdale Rd who kept screaming and shouting about really wanting to fight each other but doing it all hiding behind 2 police horses.!

All this fabricated macho nonsense, I just don't get it. Never wanted to hit anyone in my life and certainly never wanted to stand behind a horse and pretend to want to hit someone either!

This is so true.

I thought for a while i was at a Tourette's convention in a beer keller
    i'm pleased i came on CL tonight because i was more down about the off field nonsense than the defeat on the pitch. Good to hear the sensible stuff.

• Options
    Can't blame the police for anything tonight' as for as I'm concerned ? They controlled the crowd and that was it.
  • Options
    edited September 2015
    I somehow ended up among the Palace fans whilst trying to get to Norwood Junction, which made my night twice as bad as I had 30 minutes of solid "South London is Ours" and "Lets all laugh at Charlton chants" to listen to. Seeing the 'ultras' up close is amusing.

Looked like the police had their work cut out for them and it was a lot more fiery after the game than I was expecting.

Spotted some Nigels standing at the door of one of the coaches goading people, until a middle aged bloke got up and wanted some. My Dad also just told me on the phone he got a whack in the back of the leg with a baton when the crowd started edging forward as they were being held back.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Too many Burberry caps and ellese track suits. You can go to a footy game and have a laugh without being a complete cock. If you want to storm the home end fucking do it. It's more embarrassing watching all these hard nuts giving it behind the protection of police.
    Always a different crowd at these games & after tonight I've realised they make it less enjoyable
  • Options
    Hope none of our decent fans or their families were injured.
  • Options

Police moved the coaches up the road so Palace fans could kick them on the way past - when asked where they had gone they either didn't know or insisted they hadn't been moved. Sent other people looking for them all over the place.

Coach drivers were assured they would get a police presence as the Palace fans came out, inevitably they didn't. The rank and file police had no idea what was going on and the situation could easily have got a lot worse.

I was one of those trying to find our coach. Police didn't know where they were and didn't seem bothered but just directed us up into the crowd of people who were getting angry. I found it quite frightening and it reminded me of the 80s (I am a female before you get worried about me!). Was really glad to find our coach a very long way from where they had been parked. Had to wait a long time for others to try and find us. We were two short when the coach finally left. Really bad policing IMO just herding both sets of fans together and looking surprised at the outcome.
  • Options
    left just after the 3rd went in, police wouldn't let us go at 1st but after a while they could see we genuinely just wanted to get away and they let us on our way, got lucky with trains and was back in Bexley by 10.45
  • Options
    Fantastic night. Think it's firmly been put to bed with regards to that lot. Great Charlton turnout and a complete piss take
  • Options

Fantastic night. Think it's firmly been put to bed with regards to that lot. Great Charlton turnout and a complete piss take

What exactly has been put to bed?
  • Options
    ChiAddick said:

What exactly has been put to bed?
    That we are light years from palace as a football team and that their stiffs can take the piss out of whatever team we put out and we are firmly ensconced as number 2 in Saaarf London
  • Options
    The Sydenham debacle. Good 200 or so had a wander from Thornton Heath pre match. Walked fully round the ground and nothing. This was after weeks of threats from South London's answer to Boca Juniors as well
  • Options

LenGlover said:

Hope none of our decent fans or their families were injured.

I'm ok thanks Len :-)
    And me
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Luzons fault.
  • Options
    MrLargo said:

Left on 85 mins. Some very bizarre stuff going on. Managed to escape but seemed that they were doing a good job of turning a load of people who couldn't get home quick enough into an angry baying mob. Should think it's pretty lively there by now. This thread'll be on ten pages by this time tomorrow.

100% This.
    Pissed off wanted to go home.
    OB? Lets piss them off a bit more and see if it really kicks off
  • Options
    dancafc said:

It was always gonna happen both teams have mongs that think they are Danny dyer

And hes a cock as well.
  • Options
    Lying bastards!
  • Options
    Bloody awful weather this summer and I have decided to blame the Police for it!

While I am at it, I reckon they must also be at fault for the recent VW debacle and the fact that Corbyn is now Labour leader; effectively eradicating the hope of any decent opposition.

Do an awful job these officers, in the face of drunken volatility and neanderlithic behaviour that sadly still graces our green and pleasant land!!