Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Post-Palace Police Arrangements.

Comments

• Options
    I don't condone violence but they are clueless. We had a five minute walk to the car which they turned into a fifteen minute walk causing us and them more agg. When we walked out there was no hostility but they caused the problems through poor policing. Idiots.
  • Options
    It was always gonna happen both teams have mongs that think they are Danny dyer
  • Options

"No, you and a nine year old can't leave and get away from the Palace fans. But please do walk past that angry mob, past those Palace fans"

What bellend thought that was a good idea, I really am baffled.

Tbf I was greeted by the same wall of police with my 4 year old son and then let me through when I explained where I had parked. Was shocked at how many charlton fans who seemed more intent on causing aggro rather than watching the match.
  • Options
    Some people need to get a hobby. Or a life.
  • Options
    Was fun leaving the ground and fun at norwood junction. Feel bad that those with kids trying to get to their parked cars were held up so long. Anyway we have held our own it seems as we are now held in by police at this shitty station
  • Options
    Police moved the coaches up the road so Palace fans could kick them on the way past - when asked where they had gone they either didn't know or insisted they hadn't been moved. Sent other people looking for them all over the place.

Coach drivers were assured they would get a police presence as the Palace fans came out, inevitably they didn't. The rank and file police had no idea what was going on and the situation could easily have got a lot worse.
  • Options
    I had to walk the long way round to my motor, a drag but still got away easily enough on the road. One of those situations I had to accept, just like being searched on the way in, not particularly pleasant.
    Then again I would not describe elements of our support tonight pleasant either.
  • Options

So I'm with my 9 year old brother.

I left five minutes before the 90 to get him out without any aggro. As I left the Arthur Waite I was greeted by a wall of OB either side.

Walked one way towards where my car was parked ... Nope, other way sir. Few words and went the other way to be told to go the other way! Pissed off now, I'm trying to explain that I'm with a 9 year old and could do without massive angry crowds.

They were having none of it. Despite pointing out his age and where the car was and the fact I was walking away from the ground.

Then they let us through the other end at full time to be greeted by a swarm of Palace leaving their exit with no old bill to be seen.

What sort of fucking idiot thought of this?

Shambles, fucking shambles.

Never like to criticise the police but this was exactly my experience as well
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    PL54 said:

Hero @JiMMy 85

Not really. Just not interested in pretending I'm the child who got resurrected in Pet Semetary. It's much easier to rail against the world, to shout and spit at coppers and claim the world's against you. It's also pathetic.
  • Options
    Parked in Holmesdale Road, got back to the car no problem, home just after 10.00. , missed any aggro.
  • Options
    No issues here regarding police either. Did see one get hit in the face with a (plastic) bottle and another with a handycam very very narrowly dodge a flare (both in the game) so if there was any aggro from the police it was largely understandable. We do have some fucking idiots for supporters I must say, but then so do all clubs I guess
  • Options
    Left 15 mins early and the police were just starting to sort lines and say Only let family's through. Mile walk to the car! was in the pub in Sevenoaks by 23:10 :) learnt from past experience. Shit hole of a place!
  • Options
    Left early, a couple of minutes after the fourth went in, and was blocked by a police line from walking towards sainsburys. Turned the other way to meet about 300 fans being held at another line and not being allowed through. Only the sheer number of people meant they had to give up. Tried to chaotically reorganise, but didn't seem to know what they were doing. Saw a load of local coppers trying there best afterwards to pick up a few goaders with absolutely no success in what seemed a shambles.

But none of this caused me to act like am idiot/feel the need to throw a bottle/taunt others. Learn to live like men and deal with things which are not right in the right manner and often the right result will come
  • Options
    I had bottles thrown at me by Charlton fans. Scumbags.

Police allowed fans to mingle at FT!
  • Options
    edited September 2015
    Not quite sure why we had 2 bottles of beer chucked at me and the missus from 'Charlton fans' tonight whilst the match was going on, great.
  • Options

Went a bit mental when I saw some random policeman smacking a few of ours for no reason other than singing toward the palace fans after they scored.

Was told by one policeman not to worry as it's all on cctcv and I didn't need to take his number.

Not sure on the legalities of things but pretty sure they have to give this when asked for.

They do, you should have insisted. Pull out a mobile phone and start filming then ask for it, they'll give it to you quicker than you can blink.
  • Options
    edited September 2015
    Managed to get through the police lines just before they started to clamp down, so missed any stuff outside.

Let's be honest about it, we had a fair mix of naughty naughty about us tonight coupled eith a large turnout of bouncy teens. It was not a straight forward one to police but not surprised if they made things worse.

The arrangements for getting in the ground were outrageous and ridiculously dangerous and I feel for anyone with kids that hadn't got to the ground before 7.20.

Amongst provocation from gobby twats in the corner of Sainsbury that seemed to have OCD in taking their coat on and off to give the impression they really did want to fight, really sad to see at least four of the plastic beer bottles thrown from the back and middle of the stand landing on the heads of fellow Charlton fans rows in front of them. What must go through the nut of someone to throw a bottle (even plastic) I dont know, but then hitting your own fans with it, well, don't really know what to say.

We won't be getting more tickets next time, think we can all agree on that!
  • Options
    edited September 2015
    The way our fans congregated by the divider...throwingt bottles, swearing as loudly as possible, waving their hands around as the veins in their necks throb like an overpowered hosepipe. How can anyone take part in that and be surprised when they find trouble there?

Take the Adebayor celebration for example. For some reason, football fans think they have a divine right to act like maniacs because they've been taunted by someone. It's madness.

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    My 13 year old's first trip to Selhurst, beer on his coat and face during the match from behind and a glass bottle thrown by ours smashed on the floor a couple of feet away from us at the top of Holmesdale.

Not a great night from some of our fans.

Having said that, the fact the stewards didn't kick the three coked up bellends in the corner of the Sainsburys who were there goading our knuckledraggers all match was a bit crazy too. (although laughing at them was one of the more entertaining things of the evening)

I'm just a bit confused about the police strategy. Let us all out at the same time, force us up to Holmesdale, then let us mingle while creating a bottle neck of people squeezing through the gap along the vans in the road.

The general mood of the vast majority of our fans was good I thought and the confusion caused by the police turned it nasty (not defending the ones that were intent on trouble whatever).

Had it been a league game, or at least not a game we expected to lose, I think the atmosphere could have been a lot more generally toxic afterwards.

Also, what idiot brought the smoke bombs in? Three months custodial for 30 seconds of giggles? Dear oh dear.
  • Options
    How do i walk out the ground, cannot turn left, turn right circa 40 OB walking to the line set up sainsbury end, cannot do anything except end up with those exiting the Holmesdale end and being the brave individuals they are they set upon any addick caught in this area provided they outnumber them 10 to 1, not a single OB there protecting those innocently caught up, the coaches parked just down the road no OB protection in the middle of all the CP.

Total joke, more protection when they built the wall, OB hope you are proud of your actions today
  • Options
    Protection from what?
  • Options
    If you treat people like animals, then don't be surprised when they start acting like them.....
  • Options
    jamescafc said:

"No, you and a nine year old can't leave and get away from the Palace fans. But please do walk past that angry mob, past those Palace fans"

What bellend thought that was a good idea, I really am baffled.

Tbf I was greeted by the same wall of police with my 4 year old son and then let me through when I explained where I had parked. Was shocked at how many charlton fans who seemed more intent on causing aggro rather than watching the match.
    Seemed to me there were a lot of 'fans' tonight who would have enjoyed themselves a lot more if they were down at Millwall.

I know a lot of fans cannot get to as many games as others but it does seem we do have a section who only go to games such as this, Millwall and Fulham away with the intent of causing trouble and who seem to think they are auditioning for a part in football factory as an extra.
  • Options

We won't be getting more tickets next time, think we can all agree on that!

I decided that on my last visit a few years back. On that occasion the bogs were smashed and a few seats were ripped out; the atmosphere created by a minority of our 'fans' wasn't something I'd want to witness again. Sadly, it's one of those fixtures that attracts the blockheads amongst our support.
  • Options

Not quite sure why we had 2 bottles of beer chucked at me and the missus from 'Charlton fans' tonight whilst the match was going on, great.

I had bottles thrown at me by Charlton fans. Scumbags.

Police allowed fans to mingle at FT!

If any of the scumbags are CL members would you like to explain it ?

i saw at least 6 come over my head plus you get covered as the bottles are in transit.