Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Post-Palace Police Arrangements.

Comments

• Options

Welcome to our world, ladies and gentlemen.

I know the stock response is to assume we either deserved it or instigated it, but most of the time that couldn't be further from the truth.

The police, at football matches, have a different agenda to the rest of the force and, until you experience it first hand, it's assumed that football supporters are to blame for situations becoming inflamed.

You've only got to look at the incident involving the Liverpool fan whereby the police lied about his involvement in the copper going arse over tit, and subsequently winning damages as a result of the police forces utter contempt for football fans.

Now, I don't go out of my way to tweak a coppers nipples but I will never cooperate with them when at football.

Bully boys that know they can get away with anything.

Those of you that encountered the real football police have my utmost sympathies.

Bizarre! I been going to football regularly, home and away, UK and abroad, for 30+ years. Only issue I ever had with Police was in Madrid. No trouble whatsoever in the UK with them. Wonder why that is?
  • Options
    Really sorry to hear that some of our support were acting like thugs. Again. The behaviour was disgusting last time we were at Selhurst and it sounds like it was even worse this time. Glad I didn't go.
  • Options
    edited September 2015
    Dont know whats the matter with these people. I am perfectly happy going all Green St or Football Factory in the safety of my own room and with the help of a keybord. Proper tasty i am in my head.
  • Options
    Throwing a flare at a copper??? Where do we get these 'fans' from?
  • Options

Dont know whats the matter with these people. I am perfectly happy going all Green St or Football Factory in the safety of my own room and with the help of a keybord. Proper tasty i am in my head.

It's Pwopa BTW
  • Options
    edited September 2015
    It kicked off before the game, it kicked off during the game and it kicked off after the game.

No matter what the police done - it was always going to happen.
  • Options

LouisMend said:

I walked all the way from Norwood Junction to the ground, one handed.

Took the bloody piss didn't I.

Walked down West Wickham high street this morning too.

And walked from Charing Cross to work.

No one even said a word to me.

I also walked to work from Charing Cross but bumped into a guy that works for a key competitor - kicked his head in.
    Seeing as you are over the pond, was the key competitor from Yale?
    Used to be based there - am now back here albeit with regular trips back and forth.

Having said that I exercised my right to exercise free will last night and opted not to go, quite sensibly it seems given the performance, result and this thread.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited September 2015

I know the stock response is to assume we either deserved it or instigated it, but most of the time that couldn't be further from the truth.

The police, at football matches, have a different agenda to the rest of the force and, until you experience it first hand, it's assumed that football supporters are to blame for situations becoming inflamed.

You've only got to look at the incident involving the Liverpool fan whereby the police lied about his involvement in the copper going arse over tit, and subsequently winning damages as a result of the police forces utter contempt for football fans.

Now, I don't go out of my way to tweak a coppers nipples but I will never cooperate with them when at football.

Those of you that encountered the real football police have my utmost sympathies.

Bizarre! I been going to football regularly, home and away, UK and abroad, for 30+ years. Only issue I ever had with Police was in Madrid. No trouble whatsoever in the UK with them. Wonder why that is?
    Is it because you're amazing?

Or a copper, naturally :neutral:

• Options
    se9addick said:

I go to a lot of the away games but I'm starting to get to the point where I can't be bothered with all the hassle involved with these away derbys.

I'm with you on this. If/when we are again regularly playing Palace or Millwall or we draw either in a cup then I would not plan on going away.

• Options
    bobmunro said:

se9addick said:

I go to a lot of the away games but I'm starting to get to the point where I can't be bothered with all the hassle involved with these away derbys.

I'm with you on this. If/when we are again regularly playing Palace or Millwall or we draw either in a cup then I would not plan on going away.

Plus we always bloody lose !
  • Options
    se9addick said:

Same here. That's why I had no interest in going last night.
  • Options
    There were some 'characters' around last night for sure.

I came out with 5 to go, couldn't turn left or right. About 50 or so just ran at the police on the right and they 'dispersed' allowing everyone to walk through.

The signage above one of the bars was ripped down at HT and fed back into the serving area before the shutters came down.

It was pretty much a carbon copy of the last time we played there so I am surprised if anyone thought it was going to be different this time.
  • Options
    PL54 said:

I came out with 5 to go, couldn't turn left or right. About 50 or so just ran at the police on the right and they 'dispersed' allowing everyone to walk through.

The signage above one of the bars was ripped down at HT and fed back into the serving area before the shutters came down.

It was pretty much a carbon copy of the last time we played there so I am surprised if anyone thought it was going to be different this time.

Yeah I thought the police line that breaks as the crowd pushes forward was very reminiscent of last time.
  • Options
    PL54 said:

Agreed, all very predictable.

Did the rebuilt toilet block survive this time around? It was still intact at half-time but didn't use it after then.
  • Options
    edited September 2015
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    bobmunro said:

PL54 said:

Did the rebuilt toilet block survive this time around? It was still intact at half-time but didn't use it after then.
    Nope - used it just after half time and the bloke standing next to me got showered in water when the cistern flushed as all the pipes had been ripped out. Disgraceful.
  • Options
    edited September 2015
    Addickted said:

Firstly, for all those who say 'where have all the 20/30 somethings gone at Charlton' only had to be there last night to see that is not the case. I'm not sure where these obviously non regulars managed to get their tickets from, but it would appear that 60% of them were there for one reason - and that wasn't to watch a game of football.

Despite the Policing arrangements being made quite clear prior to the match - several things failed on an Operational basis, not least the ridiculous situation with regard the coaches, the forcing of Charlton fans directly towards the Palace fans exiting the AW and Holmesdale stands and the lack of knowledge of the individual officers at the coal face - indeed, some were providing completely inaccurate information. This will be followed up.

The atmosphere inside the ground was phenomenal and for a youngster, who, despite going to several away games had never experienced anything like it - he loved every minute.

Palace's Head of Security - who was until recently was in charge of Policing at SP described Charlton fans in a derogatory manner after the last encounter. Despite a robust challenge of this description, I believe he probably has every right to say the same again.

Who do you think you are actually hurting when you give a wash hand basin a damn good seeing to? Who do you think Palace give the bill to when they take stock of how many seats require replacing? Why demolish a catering outlet, when Palace had gone out of their way to provide pro Charlton clothing for their staff - some of whom were terrified - more so than they ever did when we ground shared there.

Be passionate about our Club- absolutely understand that - I went as barmy as everyone else when we pulled the goal back. But what on earth makes you want to throw a plastic bottle of beer towards Palace fans, when all you are going to do is hit a fellow Charlton fan and soak half a dozen others whilst in flight? £4 wasted in my book.

And who is who of course suffers? Reduced allocations, further controls at 'high risk' games. Everyone tarred with the same brush. Decent fans not going because they cannot face all the grief post match.

The support for the team from all of our fans was incredible last night. The actions of some of our fans however was disgraceful.

Once the club allowed 2 tickets per season ticket it opened itself up (if they knew or cared) to outsiders getting in
  • Options
    edited September 2015
    Addickted said:

Firstly, for all those who say 'where have all the 20/30 somethings gone at Charlton' only had to be there last night to see that is not the case. I'm not sure where these obviously non regulars managed to get their tickets from, but it would appear that 60% of them were there for one reason - and that wasn't to watch a game of football.

Despite the Policing arrangements being made quite clear prior to the match - several things failed on an Operational basis, not least the ridiculous situation with regard the coaches, the forcing of Charlton fans directly towards the Palace fans exiting the AW and Holmesdale stands and the lack of knowledge of the individual officers at the coal face - indeed, some were providing completely inaccurate information. This will be followed up.

The atmosphere inside the ground was phenomenal and for a youngster, who, despite going to several away games had never experienced anything like it - he loved every minute.

Palace's Head of Security - who was until recently was in charge of Policing at SP described Charlton fans in a derogatory manner after the last encounter. Despite a robust challenge of this description, I believe he probably has every right to say the same again.

Who do you think you are actually hurting when you give a wash hand basin a damn good seeing to? Who do you think Palace give the bill to when they take stock of how many seats require replacing? Why demolish a catering outlet, when Palace had gone out of their way to provide pro Charlton clothing for their staff - some of whom were terrified - more so than they ever did when we ground shared there.

Be passionate about our Club- absolutely understand that - I went as barmy as everyone else when we pulled the goal back. But what on earth makes you want to throw a plastic bottle of beer towards Palace fans, when all you are going to do is hit a fellow Charlton fan and soak half a dozen others whilst in flight? £4 wasted in my book.

And who is who of course suffers? Reduced allocations, further controls at 'high risk' games. Everyone tarred with the same brush. Decent fans not going because they cannot face all the grief post match.

The support for the team from all of our fans was incredible last night. The actions of some of our fans however was disgraceful.

And people wonder why our away figures are so crap, for anyone who wanted to go, but were gutted you couldn't go / get a ticket , you dodged a bullet, bloke in the loo asked me in the loo what 'manor ' i was from, i'm not sure if he was trying to sound hard , or i'm just getting old! :-0

• Options
    Tom Hovi said:

bobmunro said:

PL54 said:

Nope - used it just after half time and the bloke standing next to me got showered in water when the cistern flushed as all the pipes had been ripped out. Disgraceful.
    Pathetic.
  • Options
    Just thought the Old Bill were c**** last night.
  • Options
    The Palarsee Security Manager described Charlton Fans in a derogatory way !!! how very dare he---clearly we are more than capable of doing this and clearly happy to do so ! so but out !!
  • Options

Just thought the Old Bill were c**** last night.

Not as much as some of our fans though - eh?
  • Options
    LouisMend said:

I walked all the way from Norwood Junction to the ground, one handed.

Took the bloody piss didn't I.

Walked down West Wickham high street this morning too.

And walked from Charing Cross to work.

No one even said a word to me.

Burberry?
  • Options

Is it because you're amazing?

Or a copper, naturally :neutral:

Correct on one count BBW! ;-)