Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Charlton v. Ipswich post match views 2015/16

Comments

• Options

You need a strong spine at any level. We didn't have one; they did.

Our limbs look pretty weak as well.
  • Options
    Could go on for ages about the problems Sarr brings the team, but I'm not going to bother and will just leave this note.

One player picked up an injury today which was a midfielder, and THD was forced to play in 3 different positions due to the coach tinkering. This isn't acceptable, THD played very well considering... Ipswich set up to beat us in our diamond formation as MM said, we set up how Fraeye thinks we play best which is going to come unstuck very quickly.
  • Options
    I was lost when he brought Solly on considering how well THD has been measuring up. Maybe, I thought, it's to pass the captains armband as Solly (rightly or wrongly) is VC but no Henderson had it.....
  • Options
    Big decisions must be made. Will Roland make them ?
  • Options
    Other then a flashes in the last 10 minutes, that was back to terrible, Ipswich did not look that great but they have an experienced Championship set up on & off the pitch which showed today.

We need a few more Jackson types in the squad to help out the young and European players on days like this.

Positives, Lookman looks exciting although still raw, hopefully we don't put too much pressure on him too soon and I thought Reza & Vaz Te both looked decent when they came on, I would start them upfront together for the next game personally.
  • Options
    Harriot scored again....go on TWWW
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    No indivual errors for any goal but mostly 1 on 1 for each. Our banks of 4-4-2 don't go up and back together. Under the last 7? managers. It is a simple strategy. Why can't experienced coaches get it?
  • Options

No indivual errors for any goal but mostly 1 on 1 for each. Our banks of 4-4-2 don't go up and back together. Under the last 7? managers. It is a simple strategy. Why can't inexperienced coaches get it?

• Options

Spending £2m+ on the likes of Polish Pete .......

Nobody spent £2m+ on Polish Pete.

700,000 Euros or around £500,000, spread over the length of his contract.

I do agree with you, however, about our recruitment policy in general.

• Options
    First goal, foul on Solly. Second goal killed us. Had some decent spells in second half and could have scored 3 but for Gerken. Vaz Te, Lookman and Reza all looked lively. As said, Ba should have replaced Jacko. Solly was pushing forward and got caught out twice, poor tactics from Carol, outsmarted by McCarthy. Ipswich have joined a growing list of our bogey teams.
  • Options
    Biggest problem is that Ipswich are a poor side. We were clueless but much better second half.
  • Options
    If this team was a dog, you would put it down. Piss poor performance from approximately minute 10 to the finish.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    PL54 said:

Well, in fact I do have something more to say. My father watched the second half with me and after the final whistle he asked 'Why do you support this team? How did you become a fan? They looked so so poor and showed no will to fight. ''

I've said that after most games most weeks for 40+ years but I'm not crying about it.
    I don't think the OP is crying either. Seems that they were just quoting their Father's questions
  • Options
    Put the dog down
  • Options
    Positives - Lookman ,Vaz Te apart from that meh.
    Charlton 0 Experience 3 Ipswich were not that good but had far experience which ground out a flattering result imo but did derserve to win.
    Negatives - Big Mak , just do not see what others see in him, never attacks the ball, lightweight for someone so big and makes Leaburn look like Pele, can we send him back in January? because no way would i buy him.
    Well done to the 2% much better than screaming outside up at the west stand, more classy imo.
  • Options
    Oggy Red said:

McCarthy proved today that you have to get the basics right.

They were strong, organised and played ugly.

And often that's what you need in the Championship.

That's because he can manage
  • Options

se9addick said:

Well, in fact I do have something more to say. My father watched the second half with me and after the final whistle he asked 'Why do you support this team? How did you become a fan? They looked so so poor and showed no will to fight. ' My answer: 'We certainly weren't like this when Curbs was here! I would never have become a fan if the team had been playing like this back then!'

Wait, Charlton aren't your local team ?
    Sorry I didn't mention I'm Chinese! I live in a city called Wuxi which is near Shanghai. I have never been to England. There's no local football club here in my city and Charlton is the one and only club I've been supporting since 2004.
    I never know to say "you're our best supporter" or "you're our unluckiest"

• Options
    Wasn't an awful performance today. Couple of mistakes at the back and lack of skill going forward cost us.

Thought Makienok was awful.
  • Options

Awful performance. We were outplayed and completely outmuscled. The way Solly was handed off for the first goal was embarrassing.

Awful performance yes. Outplayed? I don't think so. That's the most worrying thing. Ipswich, in my opinion, weren't even that good and yet still win 3-0 which says a lot for our performance.

The positives are Vaz Te and Reza actually looked like a strike pair and Lookman was good. Other than that, not really much to get excited about.
  • Options
    Makienok did struggle today but he couldve been thinking he'd turned up to a Fulham game instead of Charlton.