Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Charlton v. Ipswich post match views 2015/16

Comments

• Options
    Like watching a Championship v. mid-table League 1 cup match. Ipswich weren't great but had more in reserve if needed.

Poor team performance but have seen much, much worse in the last few years. Good to see that the team didn't give up and kept going. THD and Lookman were pluses but it's hard to get too interested because you know that they won't be around for long.

Lots of sub-standard performances- Sarr, Mak and Fox come to mind. Solly, Bauer, Cousins and Gud can do much better.

2% protest looked good but I thought that it affected the atmosphere and probably the team. Agree with those that say that the club is clearly in serious decline on and off the field. Don't blame those that want to try and change our situation.

The club should be far more worried about apathy and stay aways than a vocal minority protest. If the protests fade, we may well be approaching a tipping point in terms of declining support.
  • Options
    I have never seen Reza & Anonymous in the same room - other than that no mch to add. Really, really depressing looking at a 1/4 full stadium - the Belgians are killing this club - death by a thousand cuts.

Wasn't sure what to make of Miere's face when the camera zoomed in on her during the 2nd minute protest - less generous people than me would call it a smirk.
  • Options
    In Jacko's absence, we need a leader on the pitch.

Who will step forward?

• Options
    micks1950 said:

News Shopper Sport ‏@NewsShopperSprt 2h2 hours ago

KF: We started the game to get three points, today all statistics are in our favour except one.

Delusioned
  • Options
    Lost for words with that performance. If that's what we have to look forward to for the rest of the season, then roll on May. The interim one is deluded if he thinks we were unlucky
  • Options

Emma Jones
    @emmajonessport

#cafc boss tells @BBCLondonSport felt Ipswich's first goal shouldn't have stood and Addicks deserved a few goals for their efforts.
  • Options
    seth plum said:

PWR

Well you all saw it for yourselves so not a lot to say. We have had worse 0-3 home defeats this season, but today was another 0-3 home defeat against a decent Ipswich side who didn't really have to get out of second gear.
    Goal difference must be appalling, I have to hide behind the sofa when the tables are shown.
    I suppose Roland will be delighted though, because it was a televised showcase for Lookman, easily our best player, and Roland can start to estimate how much he can get for the lad to mitigate the increasing losses and mad spending.
    Jacko got injured five minutes before he went off, and in that moment the game was lost, because after he left we had, what, Solly and Cousins outfield who knew enough about this kind of Championship game? We then had strangers and kids trying to hold it all together. Hold it together against a McCarthy and his excellent management of a good team, a good club, with good support.
    More or less lambs to the slaughter.

Exactly what I thought.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    For only the third time since watching Charlton in the 80's i left during the game (after the 3rd goal) to go Christmas shopping.
    Are we honestly watching a different game to our senior management? How can they say that we are progressing, our team is unlucky etc etc? It is getting really silly and i know everyone says it, but i am really struggling to see why i should renew my season ticket next season, because don't forget, its only about two or three months before we start getting those begging letters and offers about renewing early etc.
  • Options
    micks1950 said:

KF: We started the game to get three points, today all statistics are in our favour except one.

There is only one stat in football that counts... guess which one
  • Options
    micks1950 said:

Someone needs to tell Karel that ultimately, the only statistics that really matter, are the number of goals scored by each team.
  • Options
    We where terrible , lookman did well he won't be here long , the current squad is shit we need a proper manager with his own backroom staff wot a shambles embarrassing , Jacko goes off and we looked a mess .
  • Options
    Poor poor defending as it has been all season. New centre backs needed in January wonder if Alcorcon have any spare?

BigMak was poor again. He is very poor in the air. Worrying how low the home crowd's are getting but then again I don't blame anyone for not wasting their time watching us.
  • Options
    We now have the worst goal difference in the league. :blush:
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Saw mak after the game
  • Options

Which is a positive statistic according to some. I mean those boring mid-table teams they don't even get mentioned by the media...
  • Options
    boogica said:

We where terrible , lookman did well he won't be here long , the current squad is shit we need a proper manager with his own backroom staff wot a shambles embarrassing , Jacko goes off and we looked a mess .

The bit about Lookman is so bloody annoying...because of our new owners track record, we know we won't see him for long ...probably be gone before next season, if not the New Year.
  • Options

How can that be? Our manager says the statistics favoured us. Besides, our squad doesn't need strengthening.
    Confused of South London.
  • Options
    What's the new manager at KW Hamme like? Does he fancy a new job?
  • Options
    edited November 2015
    Just home and have not yet read other views.

0-3. Ladies and Gentlemen, normal service has now been resumed.

Strange when you get tanked at home and go away feeling "well, that wasn't too bad" but that's how I felt when compared to some even more dire home performances this season. Fairly bright for the first 10 minutes and created some decent chances in the second half, but overall we were out-played, out-fought and out-thought by wily old Mick and his bunch of Tractor boys.

When times are this dark, you search for the odd spark of hope. These came in the form of:

- Hendo's amazing low first half save from Sears
    - Bauer and Sarr both played fairly well (despite the three goals against) and look to be building a decent partnership
    - Lookio, who played well throughout despite tiring later on
    - THD, who did well enough to suggest that he might displace Fox at LB (please God)
    - Vaz Te, who looked good despite needing match fitness and was desperately unlucky that two excellent goal bound efforts brought equally excellent saves from Gerken

I won't list all the disappointments but Big Mac was particularly poor and Johan, who is one of my favourite players, was well below par.

Worrying to feel so resigned in defeat, but there was a sense of inevitability about it all and precious few signs that things are going to get better, on a sustained basis, any time soon. Bumpy ride my arse, this is a roller-coaster but with way more downs than ups.

To finish on a positive note, I was proud to join my fellow concerned addicks in the 2% protest. Well done all concerned.
  • Options
    Johnnie really is a special leader. Found it tough after. Nothing wrong with desire. Confidence went after the first. These lads wanna do well. They just need good man management and an arm roumd them when things go against them.
  • Options
    Worst I have felt about losing for many years today for some reason. I must admit I have always disliked Ipswich & their carrot crunching fans but after that third goal went in that was it for me. Luckily I was watching it in the warm comfort, looking forward to a third win in a row..................dreaming anyway!!!!
    I went straight outside to wash the wife's car and the cab. It didn't help her coming out saying "I don't know why your not watching the game, their keeper has made some great saves!!!!!" I really wanted to throw the dirty sponge straight in her mush, I told her not to wind me up anymore.................I think she got the message!! You see Roland you are even causing matrimonial arguments!!

Going back to the game though, what the bleedin hell was big Mak up to today?? From the first whistle he wasn't up for it, getting nowhere near winning any headers and showing any real intent, I must admit I quite like him.........I thought in previous games he has won quite a lot in the air offensive and defensive but today he was truly shite, hopefully for us and him it was just a one off!
    Also felt for the young lad Lookman, as good as he looked, he never looked like scoring to me...(there was a lot of Looks in there!)
    Just felt today it looked like men against boys (literally) Ipswich have tried and tested Championship players and a manager who definitely knows the ropes!
    We ain't going to get anything out of the Brighton game that is for sure. I'd like to say roll on January, but unfortunately I don't think that will make too much difference either.............DEPRESSING to say the least.