Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Charlton v. Ipswich post match views 2015/16

Comments

• Options
    Fact
    Every good team has a manager the players resect and want to give 110% for
    All this chopping and changing is just utter bullshit
  • Options
    We gave Morro a free transfer, kept Bikey and now lumbered with Sarr!
    At least Morro was a JJ like clubman, we have no inspiration when
    Jacko is off the field. No one steps up to the plate.
    Sick of this Belgian run rubbish!
  • Options
    colin1961 said:

Once again Solly gets away with a truly awful performance

Try reading the thread.
  • Options
    Makienok. Seriously. Sums us up. Ineffective, toothless, not good enough. Really can't see how we will get out of this.
  • Options
    Disappointing game - to understate my feelings about 90 minutes of my life (plus travel time) I'll never get back.

Positives:
    Lookman - he's mustard and tried to make so many chances for others which didn't come off.
    Vaz Te - changed the game. Why on earth didn't Fraeye play him from the start?
    Reza - tried but needs to improve his heading skills.
    Henderson - tough when there's no defence except you in the goalmouth. Glad he's back - Pope might not have done so well.
    Didn't think Bauer and JBG were as poor as some are articulating. Thought JBG was trying but was pushing against a closed door so to speak.

Negatives:
    Makienok - WTF was that performance? Couldn't be arsed to get stuck in and contributed absolutely nothing. No concept of team play.
    Solly's fitness is not what it was. He gave more soul than his body could provide. He's Charlton through and through and I don't like hearing him getting slagged off.
    Jackson getting subbed. Couldn't be helped but the team should not fall apart when the skipper gets an injury. Shows how much Fraeye relies on JJ to hold things together, so where's the planning and preparation. Which leads me to....
    ...Fraeye - where were the tactics? He's probably a nice bloke and all that but he is clearly out of his depth. We have some good lads on the team and with the right approach they could play really well and could have taken on the Tractor Boys. Not playing Vaz Te or Reza from the off was a howler - they picked up some of Lookman's passes so if they had longer on the pitch they might have come good.

Traffic was crap on the A2 and I was tight for time with the early start having come straight from my lad's football training so I missed the 2% @ 2 mins past. I understand from my family that it went well, so I'm pleased with that. Just hope the voice of the fans from the stands and the dire quality of play on the pitch will persuade something positive from them.

Up The Addicks!!!
  • Options
    Makienok. I have seen worst cf displays, just cannot remember when.
    Crosses come over in all shapes and sizes, they just do not all land on your head; you have to react. Never attacked the near post once.
    Truly awful. Milk turns quicker.
  • Options
    First goal should never have stood ref had a good view but referees are afraid to give decisions for Charlton.
  • Options

This performance was nowhere near as bad as the Brentford and Preston games. Nowhere near

Exactly what i was thinking

Those are the two games I've attended this season... plus some shockers last year

So... today seemed... unmmm... not too bad.... ummmmm... better.... ummmm... wtf is going on?

• Sponsored links:

• Options

se9addick said:

Well, in fact I do have something more to say. My father watched the second half with me and after the final whistle he asked 'Why do you support this team? How did you become a fan? They looked so so poor and showed no will to fight. ' My answer: 'We certainly weren't like this when Curbs was here! I would never have become a fan if the team had been playing like this back then!'

Wait, Charlton aren't your local team ?
    Sorry I didn't mention I'm Chinese! I live in a city called Wuxi which is near Shanghai. I have never been to England. There's no local football club here in my city and Charlton is the one and only club I've been supporting since 2004.
    Respect!
  • Options
    pettgra said:

Makienok. I have seen worst cf displays, just cannot remember when.
    Crosses come over in all shapes and sizes, they just do not all land on your head; you have to react. Never attacked the near post once.
    Truly awful. Milk turns quicker.

Ironic that he scored his last goal at the near post!
  • Options
    it was men against boys. Many of the boys being very little. Makienok a marked man with no help from the ref. Attacked with verve but as befits a side at the tail end, final ball, cross or shot poor.
    Solely left on his own on the right. Unsure who was meant to help on that side but town 20 the extra man at least twice in the 1st half thus no surprise when ran across the line unimpeded to kill the match.
    I would stick with the Dane as we need a target man but we must beat Leeds, Brustol City & Wolves.

• Options
    Tutt-Tutt said:

@Iainambler . His tactics were the same as last week and the week before that, a 4-4-2 midfield diamond. Only this time Mick McCarthy is an experienced coach, armed with two scouting reports telling him we were going to play a Diamond in midfield, so he planned accordingly. Murphy won everything in the front line and the Ipswich midfield pulled the Diamond apart. When we had the ball, they matched up Man-for-man and stopped Diarra playing from midfield.

Chris Hughton will do the same next week at Brighton. So we'd better have a Plan B.

Exactly what I was thinking.

• Options
    For me the two biggest flops were big mak and Sarr the two biggest guys on the field.

Mak bottled every challenge, don't give me no protection from the ref, he has to man up its the English championship for Christ sake.

Sarr is not good enough end of. Fox no better both bullied.

Carol should have taken Mak off at half time we needed pace up front not a big girl.

Long hard season ahead, with the leadership team absolutely clueless.
  • Options
    I didn't go today because I was at a wedding, but let me assure you all I'm very hammered!
  • Options
    I would find it hard to say who was the worst player. There were no best. I dont give a toss who the manager is. At this level players should not need extra coaching to motivate them to play better than that.
  • Options
    Tutt-Tutt said:

Chris Hughton will do the same next week at Brighton. So we'd better have a Plan B.

Do you know how long it took him to work out his plan A???
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Makienok must be the only person I have seen who can jump for a ball whilst seemingly getting further away from it at the same time. He was extremely poor.

Thd looked good, shame we had to change things up so quick but we would have still been found wanting. Bauer and sarr were all at sea. I did feel their first goal was a foul but unlikely to be given.

What has happened to JBG? Has he been told not to shoot? not once today did he look to get in a shooting position.

Lookman was exciting at times but no end product as of yet.

Reza and vaz te looked much more threatening than mak when they came on and vaz was unlucky to not get on the scoresheet.

Cousins tried hard, but no matter how hard he tried I just couldn't get used to his new haircut. Much like he couldn't get into the game.

Didn't seem to change our approach all game, clueless tactics. Was hoping for more after the last two games. Was better than watching us against mk dons however!

Don't really have any desire to go again soon, sorry state of affairs.

KF says we were unlucky? Need to get me a pair of his glasses!
  • Options
    I think we can take the despair. We can take the bad performances. But as they say it's the hope that hurts. Hope from the the two wins.
  • Options
    Can't remember who said it but a few weeks ago when Big Mak was getting the plaudits, someone on here went against the grain and claimed he was actually very poor, especially in regard to his positioning as a centre forward. The poster got pelters but having watched him closely today I think we can all agree that he had/has a point. FFS attack the ball, jump, anticipate where the ball is coming in etc

Awful performance!!
  • Options

Watched on Tv.

Too many defensive errors cost us.

I don't think Ipswich looked 3 goals better than us.

sam3110 said:

Most flattering 3-0 ever, two out of the 3 goals were shit, Ipswich were shit, their players were boring, niggly, moaning prima donnas, but our players were just a tad more shit.

As Johnny Mercer (who?) wrote .. I'm gonna accentuate the positive, eliminate the negative .. I watched on TV .. Their keeper was superb .. The referee was fucking useless allowing (e.g.) Ipswich to feign head injury too often when we had the ball in good positions .. Fraeye got it right after 1/2 time .. BigMak was awful, needs to man up more and put himself about .. our defence was bullied for the first goal, Solly was fouled .. second goal was an unlucky deflection .. 3rd goal was a very good one .. Lookman is a star already, Holmes-Dennis is another diamond .. Vaz te is going to come good as is Reza .. 3-0 was VERY flattering .. the Sky curse goes on .. IF we had Murphy and they had BigMak today, we would have won this .. on to the next games .. ENCOURAGE THE TEAM. ALL THIS NEGATIVITY IS SELF DEFEATING
    MY MATE SOUTHAMPTON HAS BEEN A FAN FOR YEARS!!! Get real fella
  • Options
    colin1961 said:

Once again Solly gets away with a truly awful performance in fact the whole game changed when he came on .. Sarr and Patrick were good today but let down by Fox and Solly ...

Solly was rubbish
  • Options
    Greenie said:

Tweet from Jason.

@jasoneuell: Disappointed about the result earlier.We showed how good we can be in periods,but being clinical made the difference IMO. We go again! #cafc

How fucking often have we got to hear this bollox. We go so bloody often but we never get anywhere!
    It sums up our team when the two best players were kids......they can all just fuck off!! The players that played, the manager, the ceo and the owner...just piss off!
    having a go and now blaming Jason Euell must rank as the most stupid and idiotic post ever on Charlton life - and that takes some beating