Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Charlton v. Ipswich post match views 2015/16

Comments

• Options

se9addick said:

Well, in fact I do have something more to say. My father watched the second half with me and after the final whistle he asked 'Why do you support this team? How did you become a fan? They looked so so poor and showed no will to fight. ' My answer: 'We certainly weren't like this when Curbs was here! I would never have become a fan if the team had been playing like this back then!'

Wait, Charlton aren't your local team ?
    Sorry I didn't mention I'm Chinese! I live in a city called Wuxi which is near Shanghai. I have never been to England. There's no local football club here in my city and Charlton is the one and only club I've been supporting since 2004.
    Jessie is as knowledgeable as any of us as well.

Thank you for saying that. One thing I always feel really proud of is that Charlton have got lots of fans who are really nice people (despite I've never met any one of you personally), one of the main things that make the club so special. And it is also something the current reign, however bad it is, can never take away.

se9addick said:

Well, in fact I do have something more to say. My father watched the second half with me and after the final whistle he asked 'Why do you support this team? How did you become a fan? They looked so so poor and showed no will to fight. ' My answer: 'We certainly weren't like this when Curbs was here! I would never have become a fan if the team had been playing like this back then!'

Sorry I didn't mention I'm Chinese! I live in a city called Wuxi which is near Shanghai. I have never been to England. There's no local football club here in my city and Charlton is the one and only club I've been supporting since 2004.

Thank you for saying that. One thing I always feel really proud of is that Charlton have got lots of fans who are really nice people (despite I've never met any one of you personally), one of the main things that make the club so special. And it is also something the current reign, however bad it is, can never take away.
    It's nice to know the pain is shared across the globe. Fair play Jessie it's not easy supporting us, even if you don,t get to watch it every week.
  • Options
    edited November 2015

se9addick said:

Well. Maybe apart from your extremely poor choice of club to support.
  • Options
    Watched the game on Sky.

We have no aggression. Ipswich will not get an easier away win all season.

Defending was dreadful. It's so disappointing how Bauer has gone downhill since his early appearances for us. Sarr looks kind of amateurish to me.

Mak gave a parody of a performance. He just doesn't move to the ball when a cross comes in, not that it would make much difference today, as his marker beat him nearly every time. Vaz Te was more of a threat by a country mile.

We very obviously missed JJ, and as the Sky commentator remarked, there was no leadership on the pitch from the time JJ departed. They said we have no experienced players who can provide that leadership. But wait a minute - we've got a guy out there with 44 full caps for France. It's funny how that seems to be forgotten.

Promising displays from THD and Lookman, but I fear that's not going to be enough to keep us up. We need some know-how. We need an experienced Championship manager, not a head coach from a lower league in Europe.

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    Dazzler21 said:

Vaz Te, Lookman, THD, Reza the only 4 to take anything from that.

Don't think Henderson or Diarra did much wrong either.
  • Options
    Not too bad compared to the rest of our 0-3 collection.

The result was a bit harsh on our forwards, although not on our defence. Makienok was poor however - possibly affected by his wrist injury?
  • Options

PL54 said:

Well, in fact I do have something more to say. My father watched the second half with me and after the final whistle he asked 'Why do you support this team? How did you become a fan? They looked so so poor and showed no will to fight. ''

I've said that after most games most weeks for 40+ years but I'm not crying about it.
    I don't think the OP is crying either. Seems that they were just quoting their Father's questions
    Plenty of people are crying. Shall we get a league table together - who is most upset on Charlton Life by the current situation ? I'm gonna' put me at 197. Who wants number 1 ?
  • Options
    Defensively we were terrible and Makienok was absolutely useless. Played okay for the last 15 minutes but still couldn't score.
    Ipswich didn't need to do much for their win.

Waste of an afternoon...
  • Options
    Lost another two percent today.
  • Options

Dazzler21 said:

Don't think Henderson or Diarra did much wrong either.
    Didn't do much wrong no. But I felt the other 4 played relatively well considering.
  • Options
    Thought Ipswich were a very effective unit. Organised in defence and tactically sound when attacking. Murphy will not have an easier game all season. Adding their tetchy edge they reminded me of the Leicester team under O'Niell.

We were really poor defensively. Bauer & Sarr never got to grips with Murphy and we were very slow challenging the second balls. Solly and Fox are not up to Championship standard at the moment.

Once Jackson went off we lacked leadership (hope he's back next week)and Cousins weak distribution is very exposed in this system. I'd prefer Ba in there.

The promising Lookman was up front on his own until Vaz Te came on. Makienok was embarrassingly terrible and I hope is dumped now. The defeat was not down to the system, more very poor performances from 5 or 6 players. Fraye should have taken Makienok off at half time though.

I would expect that Messrs Solly, Fox, Sarr, Cousins and Makienok are all struggling to hold their places.

Only positives were THD, Lookman, Vaz Te and Reza when he came on.
  • Options
    Dazzler21 said:

Reza?! This is what annoys me. Why is this bloke immune from criticism?!? He had a great chance late on and was just pushed off the ball.

THD and Lookman were the standouts
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Forgotten about the header back from the by-line that Reza did which a more competent striker would've buried, but was fluffed by Cousin I think?
  • Options
    Lookman clearly is a talent and he looked very promising today. However I thought he was part of the problem today. He was playing deep and wide most of the time effectively leaving an admittedly off colour Mak as a lone striker. Two of their goals came about because of the numbers they had in the box.

That said Bauer, Sarr and especially Fox were all poor today and all were guilty of being caught on the ball.
  • Options
    Makienok and Sarr the two biggest lumps on the pitch were the two worst. Fox as mentioned for about a year should never play for us again , and solly has been diabolical for too long now.JBG overrated, and cousins too. Only highlights were THD and Lookman. Think RVT will be good when fit but that may take a while.
  • Options
    edited November 2015
    @JessieAddick is annoying as she has never been to the country but her England is far better than mine and still has a rational grasp of the situation. How?

I can barely order a chow mein.
  • Options
    PL54 said:

PL54 said:

Well, in fact I do have something more to say. My father watched the second half with me and after the final whistle he asked 'Why do you support this team? How did you become a fan? They looked so so poor and showed no will to fight. ''

I've said that after most games most weeks for 40+ years but I'm not crying about it.
    I don't think the OP is crying either. Seems that they were just quoting their Father's questions
    Plenty of people are crying. Shall we get a league table together - who is most upset on Charlton Life by the current situation ? I'm gonna' put me at 197. Who wants number 1 ?
    Are they. Ok then fair enough. It's just that your remarks had no bearing on that poster's comments.
    Cracking reply though. You're too modest. Put yourself at number 1 for a change.
  • Options
    Game was over for us when Jacko went off

First and second goals were just plain lazy defending and we seemed to have a problem with clearing our lines all day.

First game for me since Palace (season ticket holder), it might be another 3 months before I can face it again..