Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Charlton v. Ipswich post match views 2015/16

Comments

• Options
    cabbles said:

I didn't go today because I was at a wedding, but let me assure you all I'm very hammered!

We've all been there mate
  • Options
    It has all been said on here. An awful performance. Would it have been different if JJ hadn't been injured? Who knows but it was obvious after he went that we had no leaders again on the field. Mak was awful, truly awful. For someone who is near 6'7" and never to be in there challenging when the crosses came over was criminal. He was a real girl's blouse today. I was hoping he would have been replaced at half time but no.

Strangely enough Henderson had a good game I thought. I don't think he could be blamed for any of the goals. Lookman was outstanding. We won't keep him long. I thought Cousins was like a headless chicken. Almost as bad as Mak. The rest were only slightly better but Vaz Te and Reza looked sharp when they came on.

That performance shocked me as I really thought we had started to turn the corner and what is worrying is that JJ seems to be the only one who can hold this lot together. What a scary thought that is. Hope he's not out for too long.

On to Brighton.
  • Options
    Incidentally, I didn't think THD was a standout today as others have said but I wouldn't have expected anything more from a youngster who was played in 3 different positions in the game. There should have been other more senior players who were stepping up to the plate but, after JJ went off, there was no one.
  • Options
    A squad that is very young not much experience at championship level, which is managed and coached by a very inexperienced management team.

Players injury prone lacking fitness forced to play every week due to lack of depth actually causing more injures.

Most championship squads have 3/4 players in their peak years at centre mid/centre back.

Just don't see us progressing, I like that the young lads get game time and chance to shine but they need to be coached and managed right to develop.
  • Options
    £2m for Big Mak at the end of the season (if we so wish) could possibly end up making Polish Pete look like a bargain
  • Options
    edited November 2015
    Tavern said:

Watched on Tv.

Too many defensive errors cost us.

I don't think Ipswich looked 3 goals better than us.

sam3110 said:

Most flattering 3-0 ever, two out of the 3 goals were shit, Ipswich were shit, their players were boring, niggly, moaning prima donnas, but our players were just a tad more shit.

As Johnny Mercer (who?) wrote .. I'm gonna accentuate the positive, eliminate the negative .. I watched on TV .. Their keeper was superb .. The referee was fucking useless allowing (e.g.) Ipswich to feign head injury too often when we had the ball in good positions .. Fraeye got it right after 1/2 time .. BigMak was awful, needs to man up more and put himself about .. our defence was bullied for the first goal, Solly was fouled .. second goal was an unlucky deflection .. 3rd goal was a very good one .. Lookman is a star already, Holmes-Dennis is another diamond .. Vaz te is going to come good as is Reza .. 3-0 was VERY flattering .. the Sky curse goes on .. IF we had Murphy and they had BigMak today, we would have won this .. on to the next games .. ENCOURAGE THE TEAM. ALL THIS NEGATIVITY IS SELF DEFEATING
    MY MATE SOUTHAMPTON HAS BEEN A FAN FOR YEARS!!! Get real fella
    w t f .. I was using the quotes as ones I agreed with .. FELLA

Interesting how many of 'us' are turning against Solly, once the could do no wrong Golden Boy .. To me he looked as he has all season, steady with no great pace, no major calamitous fuck ups and couldn't do much for their first goal as Smith, the 'Swich C B has his hand in Solly's face so that Solly was as blind as the godawful so called referee ..

Also, Fox .. I am far from his biggest fan BUT yesterday he put some great crosses into the box which BigMak and the gifted but little Lookman were unable to capitalise on .. Fox's substitution was purely tactical it seems to me, a need for more punch up front and in midfield .. 2nd half we did OK, but by then the game was all but lost ..
    I'll say again this was a flattering result for Ipswich .. look at the stats .. we had a lot of the game and their keeper had a blinder .. swap Murphy for the ineffective BigMak .. we could have won this one
  • Options
    We all have different takes on the game. Our 3 great chances, where their goalkeeper made brilliant saves were after the game was lost.
    I hope I am wrong but I have a concern for Lookman and the other youngsters. When Callum Harriott and Jordon Cousins made their debuts and in the first few games they looked excellent. I was telling people they are Premier League players, but they never progressed.
    Solly is ok but breaks not really going his way. He appears to be trying all the time.
    I have not been convinced by Fox from the start. I don't think he is good enough. He appears to be nervous whenever he gets the ball and panics. His distribution is poor and his crossing is too slow.
    JBG has talent but it does not contribute to the team at the moment, I think he will be good in a good team.
    I just feel Cousins has lost his way. We said bring him off the wing, he plays inside and has little effect. We have no dominating mid field player, someone who controls, along the lines of Andy Reid, Danny Murphy.
    Mak was so poor yesterday, but that was one game. He did look OK in other games so give him a chance. Yesterday he seemed to forget you need to sometimes move towards the ball. He just looked at crosses.
    A lot is that players need a manager and hiarachy they have confidence in. CAFC has no figurehead( it does have RD who is despised) The CEO is out of their depth and is destroying the club. But it is not the CEO that should be heard of, they should be in the background letting the football experts eg manager get on with the job.
    But with KM and RD we cannot appoint a proper manager.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I didn't think there was too much wrong with the formation or the tactics. Makienok has been an important factor in most of our (few) good things this season so that is why he was left on. I'm pretty sure that against Hull he was poor in the first half and brilliant in the second, so I can see why he was left on.

We had plenty of good possession but it was either the final ball (although there were a few decent crosses) or the lack of aggression in the box that stopped us scoring.

A big concern is the defensive shape and this lead to the killer 2nd goal. Sarr tried to push up and get Sears off-side. It was close but in doing so it let Sears in. Plus I'm sure Sarr didn't know if anyone had dropped behind him to keep Sears on-side. It was too risky and he should have tracked the run by Sears. On the floor, Sarr looks really good to me. His passing into midfield or out wide is very accurate and reliable but his defending/positional play has to improve.

Solly did one or two ok things (a bit of good link up play with Cousins etc) but he hasn't got the pace to recover if he's pulled slightly out of position (3rd goal) and is less able to cover other people's mistakes (it used to be a strength of his).

I had no problem with the Solly sub. THD is a left footed replacement for Jackson and Solly came on in his natural position. In the longer term it may be that THD takes Solly's place at right back but that's a decision for another day.

Fox off at half time and THD to left back was probably to give us more pace attacking down the left (we were chasing the game at 0-2 after all). I thought THD gave it a decent go.

Lookman may have looked a bit weak in his shooting but his movement, control, calmness on the ball looked top notch to me. He is clearly extremely gifted.

Overall we were out powered and needed a big game from our big man up front. Sadly, it was probably his worst performance of the season so far.
  • Options
    To use the commentators phrase in the Leicester v Man U game yesterday, the best way to sum up the game is Toothless v Ruthless.
    I was very pleasantly surpised by the performances of Lookman,THD(thought he played well despite the fact that he played in 126 different positions), and to a lesser degree, simply because he wasnt on pitch for long, Vaz Te.Like most people, thought Solly and Fox were very poor - watch Ipswich's second goal, where they were quite clearly targeting Fox, who complied by simply not being where he should have been!
    Every time i watch JBG i have to look around to see he's still on the pitch.

One of the most worrying aspects to me was one of Holloway's surprisingly astute comments pre-game where he stated the U18's were pulling up trees and winning everything - so, we can look forward to a situation of bringing through 1 or 2 of the very good yoof every season simply to be sold on at the end of season to be replaced by Belgian journeymen- still, i suppose thats something we knew anyway - its not something i want to be party to TBH.

At the moment, most teams are gonna look at how Ipswich did it, and we've got Steve Evans Leeds soon at home - i wonder what style they wll be adopting??
    If we could get a right back in (maybe put Cousins there, considering the way he is under-performing in the middle, get Kashi back asap, and then we have the 'makings' of a good team..

Hendo
    Doyley?,Bauer,Diarra,THD
    Kashi,JJ,JBG,Cousins
    Lookman,Vaz Te
  • Options
    redman said:

Greenie said:

Tweet from Jason.

@jasoneuell: Disappointed about the result earlier.We showed how good we can be in periods,but being clinical made the difference IMO. We go again! #cafc

How fucking often have we got to hear this bollox. We go so bloody often but we never get anywhere!
    It sums up our team when the two best players were kids......they can all just fuck off!! The players that played, the manager, the ceo and the owner...just piss off!
    having a go and now blaming Jason Euell must rank as the most stupid and idiotic post ever on Charlton life - and that takes some beating
    Show me where I blamed Euell!
    We have some myopic tools on here and he calls my post idiotic.
    Just so you can understand Blind Pugh, I was having a pop at the phrase 'we go again' it's bullshit, means nothing and gives no indication on how they will make the team better and it's said after every embarassing loss.
    I do hope you can understand now.
  • Options
    Thought Sarr looked extremely dodgy - was cringing every time the ball got near him - someone on here mentioned Bambi on ice !
  • Options
    This was always going to be a tough game so I'm not too disheartened by the result in isolation. But...what was worrying was how Ipswich had clearly sussed out how we would play and nullified it with ease. We improved towards the end but reckon a lot of that was down to Ipswich seeing out the game.

Positives: Lookman is a great prospect and deserves his starting spot. Vaz Te looks like he will be a good Mak alternative when fit...see him more as a link man than the main striker, we're still lacking a goalscorer. Henderson couldn't do much about the goals and made some good saves.

Huddersfield's inspired managerial change is keeping us out of the bottom three for now but we have a tough run of games coming up. Karel and Jason need to come up with a Plan B so we can't be worked out so easily.
  • Options
    Greenie said:

redman said:

Greenie said:

Tweet from Jason.

@jasoneuell: Disappointed about the result earlier.We showed how good we can be in periods,but being clinical made the difference IMO. We go again! #cafc

How fucking often have we got to hear this bollox. We go so bloody often but we never get anywhere!
    It sums up our team when the two best players were kids......they can all just fuck off!! The players that played, the manager, the ceo and the owner...just piss off!
    having a go and now blaming Jason Euell must rank as the most stupid and idiotic post ever on Charlton life - and that takes some beating
    Just so you can understand Blind Pugh, I was having a pop at the phrase 'we go again' it's bullshit, means nothing and gives no indication on how they will make the team better and it's said after every embarassing loss.
    Of course he ain't gonna say how. He doesn't want to give away any tactics does he. Blimey.
  • Options

Greenie said:

redman said:

Greenie said:

Tweet from Jason.

Of course he ain't gonna say how. He doesn't want to give away any tactics does he. Blimey.
    Jesus!
  • Options
    Oh, and we now have the poorest goal difference in the Champ.
  • Options
    edited November 2015
    Tavern said:

Watched on Tv.

Too many defensive errors cost us.

I don't think Ipswich looked 3 goals better than us.

sam3110 said:

Most flattering 3-0 ever, two out of the 3 goals were shit, Ipswich were shit, their players were boring, niggly, moaning prima donnas, but our players were just a tad more shit.

As Johnny Mercer (who?) wrote .. I'm gonna accentuate the positive, eliminate the negative .. I watched on TV .. Their keeper was superb .. The referee was fucking useless allowing (e.g.) Ipswich to feign head injury too often when we had the ball in good positions .. Fraeye got it right after 1/2 time .. BigMak was awful, needs to man up more and put himself about .. our defence was bullied for the first goal, Solly was fouled .. second goal was an unlucky deflection .. 3rd goal was a very good one .. Lookman is a star already, Holmes-Dennis is another diamond .. Vaz te is going to come good as is Reza .. 3-0 was VERY flattering .. the Sky curse goes on .. IF we had Murphy and they had BigMak today, we would have won this .. on to the next games .. ENCOURAGE THE TEAM. ALL THIS NEGATIVITY IS SELF DEFEATING
    MY MATE SOUTHAMPTON HAS BEEN A FAN FOR YEARS!!! Get real fella
    Thanks for the defence E.

I have amended my post after reading some further comments.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    There was something that had me grinning yesterday amongst all that shambles. It should'nt have done, as it was the use of the "C" word. This fella was very animated about the referee's performance. He was trying to use as many adjectives as possible to describe this er item.
    The ref was a fat one, a bald one, a stupid one and an ugly one amongst other ones. The young lad next to me was resorted to a fit of giggles which started me off as well. After dinner speaking may not be this chaps forte me thinks.
  • Options
    JJ stated this squad is the strongest he has played in,
    I respect JJ as a player and captain, but is he taking
    happy tablets, this squad much worse than when we
    had Hamer, Wiggins, Stephens, Morro and Yann,
    then Poyet and Gomez! Surely genuine supporters can see that!
  • Options

pettgra said:

There was something that had me grinning yesterday amongst all that shambles. It should'nt have done, as it was the use of the "C" word. This fella was very animated about the referee's performance. He was trying to use as many adjectives as possible to describe this er item.
    The ref was a fat one, a bald one, a stupid one and an ugly one amongst other ones. The young lad next to me was resorted to a fit of giggles which started me off as well. After dinner speaking may not be this chaps forte me thinks.

you must' have been sitting very near me as that bloke was a couple of rows behind. My boy to had a fit of the giggles and enjoyed repeating every word to his mum.
    Oh gawd. I hope your missus does not stop him going. Mind you...........
  • Options
    OK, so we all agree yesterday was yet another nail in the coffin; we also all agree a change in outlook by the Belgian mafia is required; well, it aint gonna happen! This situation has been going on for months and I don't believe the Belgian One is going to experience a 'Paul on the road to Damascus' revelation and suddenly see the light and admit, "Bugger me - maybe I've been wrong all along!" I still - maybe wrongly - believe there is enough talent in the squad to get us out of the shit, but we must bring in a BRITISH manager/coach who knows what he is doing and can motivate the squad. This will of course, cost money and therein lies the rub! But is the Belgian One really going to sit back and watch this team relegated? Is it all some kind of master plan that we mere footsloggers can't grasp? It's hard to take that after the performance against Wednesday the team can put on the dross we had to endure yesterday. Let's be honest, after 20 minutes those with half a football brain could see the eventual result. Finally, have to agree with most Lifer's - the ref was utter crap, how he didn't see the blatant foul on Solly is remarkable!
  • Options
    Team for Brighton, if Jackson is unfit.
    Henderson
    THD, Baeur, Diarra, Fox
    Gudmundsson, Ba, Cousins, Lookman
    Reza, Vaz Te

Subs Pope, Solly, Lennon, Makienok, Charles- Cook, Ahearne- Grant, Bergdich
  • Options
    pettgra said:

pettgra said:

you must' have been sitting very near me as that bloke was a couple of rows behind. My boy to had a fit of the giggles and enjoyed repeating every word to his mum.
    Oh gawd. I hope your missus does not stop him going. Mind you...........
    she's not going any more.
    She said 'she's not going to sit there freezing her tits off, watching shit and listening to a big mouth c*nt behind us.