Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Charlton v. Ipswich post match views 2015/16

Comments

• Options
    edited November 2015
  • Options

pettgra said:

pettgra said:

There was something that had me grinning yesterday amongst all that shambles. It should'nt have done, as it was the use of the "C" word. This fella was very animated about the referee's performance. He was trying to use as many adjectives as possible to describe this er item.
    The ref was a fat one, a bald one, a stupid one and an ugly one amongst other ones. The young lad next to me was resorted to a fit of giggles which started me off as well. After dinner speaking may not be this chaps forte me thinks.

you must' have been sitting very near me as that bloke was a couple of rows behind. My boy to had a fit of the giggles and enjoyed repeating every word to his mum.
    Oh gawd. I hope your missus does not stop him going. Mind you...........
    she's not going any more.
    She said 'she's not going to sit there freezing her tits off, watching shit and listening to a big mouth c*nt behind us.
    I don't blame her one bit either.
  • Options
    edited November 2015
    Sorry, just lost a long post as the technology is refusing to let it be visible. Can't be arsed to type it all again as it was all a depressing rant anyway. The gist of it was that I agree with SHG's point above, Fox is shit and should be disposed of on loan or sold, Fraeye can piss off and at least half Of our support have their heads up their arses. Bag humbug.
  • Options
    Tutt-Tutt said:

@Iainambler . His tactics were the same as last week and the week before that, a 4-4-2 midfield diamond. Only this time Mick McCarthy is an experienced coach, armed with two scouting reports telling him we were going to play a Diamond in midfield, so he planned accordingly. Murphy won everything in the front line and the Ipswich midfield pulled the Diamond apart. When we had the ball, they matched up Man-for-man and stopped Diarra playing from midfield.

Chris Hughton will do the same next week at Brighton. So we'd better have a Plan B.

Spot on observation. This is the test for Fraeye. Can he adapt and Is there the squad available to enable Charlton to play a different way ? Fraeye reckons there is an adequate squad so it is down to him to motivate the players and come up with the tactical plan.
  • Options
    edited November 2015
    redman said:

hardened British pros used to championship v bunch of kids and overseas imports with no experience of British football, compounded with experienced British manager against foreign novice. Why are some surprised?
    JJ has won us 7 points almost single handedly recently with his goals. Let's hope he is not out for too long.
    Mak was very poor today but please lets not make him the new scapegoat. Lookman has enormous potential, but it is potential.
    The next 2 home games v Leeds and Bolton are crucial.

You watch Bolton come here and take something from us, like all the other teams around us have.
  • Options

Oh, and we now have the poorest goal difference in the Champ.

That costs you another point.
  • Options

Sorry, just lost a long post as the technology is refusing to let it be visible. Can't be arsed to type it all again as it was all a depressing rant anyway. The gist of it was that I agree with SHG's point above, Fox is shit and should be disposed of on loan or sold, Fraeye can piss off and at least half Of our support have their heads up their arses. Bag humbug.

I keep telling you that you are not a sillybilly!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

As we stand I expect us to be relegated. This group of players are not equipped for a relegation scrap and nor is the manager.

Is there any hope ? Only if we appoint an experienced manager and sign four decent championship hardened players in January.

I'm not expecting either to happen.

In league one our crowds will be down to 7000. It's a tough division to get out of and nigh on impossible with Roland persisting in his lunatic experiment.

Not sure where we go from here.

Duchatelet will make short term adjustments to his core philosophy, as he has in the past. That might be even include an experienced manager until the end of the season. The question is whether it will be too little too late this time. But even if we survive he'll revert to the same nonsense again afterwards, I would think.
    Yep it's his ball and his rules sadly until he decides not to play anymore, tucks it under his arm and goes home. If only we could get him to play to our rules, keep up the good fight Airman.
  • Options
    Tutt-Tutt said:

@Iainambler . His tactics were the same as last week and the week before that, a 4-4-2 midfield diamond. Only this time Mick McCarthy is an experienced coach, armed with two scouting reports telling him we were going to play a Diamond in midfield, so he planned accordingly. Murphy won everything in the front line and the Ipswich midfield pulled the Diamond apart. When we had the ball, they matched up Man-for-man and stopped Diarra playing from midfield.

Chris Hughton will do the same next week at Brighton. So we'd better have a Plan B.

As the woman's placard said at the London Climate Rally today..."There is no Planet B"
  • Options
    Greenie said:

redman said:

Greenie said:

Tweet from Jason.

@jasoneuell: Disappointed about the result earlier.We showed how good we can be in periods,but being clinical made the difference IMO. We go again! #cafc

How fucking often have we got to hear this bollox. We go so bloody often but we never get anywhere!
    It sums up our team when the two best players were kids......they can all just fuck off!! The players that played, the manager, the ceo and the owner...just piss off!
    having a go and now blaming Jason Euell must rank as the most stupid and idiotic post ever on Charlton life - and that takes some beating
    Show me where I blamed Euell!
    We have some myopic tools on here and he calls my post idiotic.
    Just so you can understand Blind Pugh, I was having a pop at the phrase 'we go again' it's bullshit, means nothing and gives no indication on how they will make the team better and it's said after every embarassing loss.
    I do hope you can understand now.
    OK I understand where you are coming from but your comment did directly relate to a Euell tweet unless I am mistaken. The bullshit is coming from KM. Anyway let's let it go;
  • Options

As we stand I expect us to be relegated. This group of players are not equipped for a relegation scrap and nor is the manager.

Is there any hope ? Only if we appoint an experienced manager and sign four decent championship hardened players in January.

In league one our crowds will be down to 7000. It's a tough division to get out of and nigh on impossible with Roland persisting in his lunatic experiment.

Duchatelet will make short term adjustments to his core approach, as he has in the past. That might even include an experienced manager until the end of the season, depending on the next few results. The question is whether it will be too little too late this time. But even if we survive he'll revert to the same nonsense again afterwards, I would think, because that's the only interest he has in owning the club.
    This, despite all my pessimism I think we will stay up this season again but considering the exact same mistakes have made two seasons in a row now, do we really trust them to start learning on their third attempt next summer?

Personally I don't.
  • Options
    I have been searching for a link to Fraeye post match, anybody got one?
  • Options
    LoOkOuT said:

Tutt-Tutt said:

Do you know how long it took him to work out his plan A???
    Assume he borrowed a #Best of Match of the Day 1970s' video and got it from that
  • Options

Already said it on this thread, but I'll say it again. Fraeye is a one trick pony. His game plan was undone today and he didn't have an answer.

It'll be the same next week and the week after. We'll then nick a win somewhere and the clown will get the job.

I've said it since the second he was appointed he has no business coaching our club. He is an inexperienced clueless fool. He is Roland's mate though so we are stuck with him.

A yes man of the highest order.

Spot on (although not his fault he took the job, just the prat that offered it to him). It takes about a month for opposition to watch videos and work out how we play. A manager with such limited experience is unlikely to be able to adjust to the demands of the league. The next game will tell all.
  • Options
    mogodon said:

Already said it on this thread, but I'll say it again. Fraeye is a one trick pony. His game plan was undone today and he didn't have an answer.

It'll be the same next week and the week after. We'll then nick a win somewhere and the clown will get the job.

I've said it since the second he was appointed he has no business coaching our club. He is an inexperienced clueless fool. He is Roland's mate though so we are stuck with him.

Spot on (although not his fault he took the job, just the prat that offered it to him). It takes about a month for opposition to watch videos and work out how we play. A manager with such limited experience is unlikely to be able to adjust to the demands of the league. The next game will tell all.
    Not only the next game.

Brighton and Burnley are very losable, I suppose you could say do not be surprised if we get nothing.

The clinchers are Leeds, Bolton and Bristol, all teams that are around us.

Come the 31st December I would imagine we will be in the bottom three.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

mogodon said:

Not only the next game.

Brighton and Burnley are very losable, I suppose you could say do not be surprised if we get nothing.

The clinchers are Leeds, Bolton and Bristol, all teams that are around us.

Come the 31st December I would imagine we will be in the bottom three.
    And with a new Interim Manager.
  • Options
    My boy has just swapped Suarez for Makienok in his Fifa 2016. Amazingly Makienok scored in the first 10 minutes of the next game. If only he'd score in real life.
  • Options
    Human anatomy not your strong point Canters? Midriff? I think your being very PC :wink:
  • Options

Duchatelet will make short term adjustments to his core approach, as he has in the past. That might even include an experienced manager until the end of the season, depending on the next few results. The question is whether it will be too little too late this time. But even if we survive he'll revert to the same nonsense again afterwards, I would think, because that's the only interest he has in owning the club.
    This, despite all my pessimism I think we will stay up this season again but considering the exact same mistakes have made two seasons in a row now, do we really trust them to start learning on their third attempt next summer?

Personally I don't.
    The point is RD doesn't see them as mistakes. He sees them as his plan working.

Keep the wages as low as you possibly can and if we're in relegation trouble, shell out a bit more for 6 months as opposed to 12 months.
    Agreed which is why every Charlton fan should be worried.
  • Options

Looking at the table, it's unlikely we will be stranded at Christmas, but in the bottom 3 or at best the bottom 6. Bolton have no win in 11, Huddersfield no win in 6, while the other teams around us have the same number of wins in the last 10 matches as we have.

The 2 home games vs Leeds and Bolton in 4 days are crucial though. Our midweek form is shocking though...
  • Options
    So according to the FL highlights, our "highlight" or the first half was a long range shot that hit our own player who then fell over to a round of cheers. Brilliant.
  • Options

Looking at the table, it's unlikely we will be stranded at Christmas, but in the bottom 3 or at best the bottom 6. Bolton have no win in 11, Huddersfield no win in 6, while the other teams around us have the same number of wins in the last 10 matches as we have.

The 2 home games vs Leeds and Bolton in 4 days are crucial though. Our midweek form is shocking though...
    Our Saturday results are not much better either.