Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Charlton v. Ipswich post match views 2015/16

Comments

• Options
    Men against boys really. Literally in some areas of the pitch. Only very rarely did we get in behind the Ipswich defence and when we did the delivery was far from good enough and their centre halfs could have played the match in carpet slippers tbh. We need to look after Lookman but the lad's not the answer to our problems this year. Vaz Te could work but we need to improve the service dramatically or he'll be left chasing aimless punts up field.

No real change or shock though is it? The writing was on the wall for a long hard season back in August and the odd win here or there doesn't really change the fundamentals.
  • Options
    There should be money to spend in January as the proposed pitch inversion did not take place, so will not have to pay fines etc.
  • Options

Johnnie really is a special leader. Found it tough after. Nothing wrong with desire. Confidence went after the first. These lads wanna do well. They just need good man management and an arm roumd them when things go against them.

I'm not sure it's that he's "special" it's more that he's our only leader that is the worry.
  • Options
    After Jackson went off we had no leader. Somebody needs to step forward to take on that role when Jacko is not on the field-Bauer maybe? Solly is not the answer.
    Irrespective of the foul on Solly for the first goal, Henderson should have been more dominant in the air.
    Agree with others that Mak should have been subbed earlier - maybe his missus is to blame for his poor performance (on the field that is) this week!
    Naby Sarr still makes me very nervous. Lennon should be given a run out soon. Gillingham mates rate him very highly.
    Positives- liked the look of Vas Te, only two top saves kept him off the scoresheet. Lookman is a gem, hope he is not ruined by playing in a relegation scrap. Tariq Holmes-Dennis looks the part too.
  • Options
    Huskaris said:

If this team was a dog, you would put it down. Piss poor performance from approximately minute 10 to the finish.

Did you leave before the last 10 minutes when we had 3 great chances and the keeper did 3 good saves ?
    Slag the team off if you must, but lets say what happened.
    Big Mak had a shocker today and should have been taken off earlier because he just couldn't get into the game which put too much on to young Lookman who had a decent game along with THD, who played decent in 3 positions.

One step forward, and a couple back, Has anyone else won 4 straight games
    at the valley like Ipswich have now done ? none of the Prem teams did that against us.
  • Options
    Big Mak looked like he was hanging from one of the early Sky close ups - was anyone out in Chislehurst last night to confirm?
  • Options
    I don't understand why JJ was replaced by Solly when Ba, a midfielder, was on the bench, it didn't make sense, also who took the capatin's armband?
  • Options
    edited November 2015

Watched on Tv.

Too many defensive errors cost us.

I don't think Ipswich looked 3 goals better than us.

sam3110 said:

Most flattering 3-0 ever, two out of the 3 goals were shit, Ipswich were shit, their players were boring, niggly, moaning prima donnas, but our players were just a tad more shit.

As Johnny Mercer (who?) wrote .. I'm gonna accentuate the positive, eliminate the negative .. I watched on TV .. Their keeper was superb .. The referee was fucking useless allowing (e.g.) Ipswich to feign head injury too often when we had the ball in good positions .. Fraeye got it right after 1/2 time .. BigMak was awful, needs to man up more and put himself about .. our defence was bullied for the first goal, Solly was fouled .. second goal was an unlucky deflection .. 3rd goal was a very good one .. Lookman is a star already, Holmes-Dennis is another diamond .. Vaz te is going to come good as is Reza .. 3-0 was VERY flattering .. the Sky curse goes on .. IF we had Murphy and they had BigMak today, we would have won this .. on to the next games .. ENCOURAGE THE TEAM. ALL THIS NEGATIVITY IS SELF DEFEATING
    He reminds me of someone who happens to be passing by a football pitch and is dragged on to play because one team are a man light! All over this forum people go on about how great he is and how he wins a high percentage of headers!! If I was 23ft 4" I would expect to win every header! I would also expect to put my gangly frame about a bit more and get a bit 'stuck in'.

This fella is quite simply not up to it at this level. His positional sense is shocking, his lack of movement sloth like and his propensity to trip over his own feet is embarrassing. Having him on the pitch brings an already pitiful level of football down to something truly unjustified at this level.

PS: not too many much better today by the way!
  • Options
    Just ordered one of these for Big Mak
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Why did Reza not start? He can do those diagonal runs that Sears did for the (less than spectacular) opposition today, whose centre backs looked lumbering.

Why sub on Solly for Jackson? Love Solly, but why sub a midfielder for a right back when you have a midfielder on the bench.

THD and Lookman looked more experienced than most of them out there!

Fox needs to go on loan to league one.
  • Options
    I've tried reading through but haven't been able to find, has there been any early update on Jacko's injury? I haven't seen any news on what the injury even is let alone how serious it is. We can't afford to be without him for the upcoming home games against Leeds and Bolton.
  • Options
    Baur not the same player... as for Saar.... Bambi without the ice! Fox awful. It just goes from bad to....well bad!
  • Options

I don't understand why JJ was replaced by Solly when Ba, a midfielder, was on the bench, it didn't make sense, also who took the capatin's armband?

Presumably to have another left footed midfielder (THD) on the left of the diamond. Could understand the fuss if it was Solly who was brought on in left midfield but he came on in his natural position.

• Options
    Sarr and Solly and Fox total liability .
    JBG - had to check he was still playing - again - seems to happen every time i see him live.
    Cousins, well, headless chicken springs to mind.
    How Dreadful was Makienok today too? - Goodman on TV pointed out that he won his first header after 43 mins today - despte being 6 inches taller than the guy marking him !
    Ipswich wern't three goals better than us - but they had the nous (and experience) - thought we didnt play too badly considering, but had no cutting edge whereas you just could tell that Ipswich had been there, done it- got the T-Shirt . many times.
    BTW how many positions did THD play today ??!!
  • Options
    I turned up expecting too see the lineup that did so well against Weds. Ba and Reza on the bench so that was the end of that. Big Mak had a stinker but have to say our crossing from free kicks and corners was awful and cut out by the first defender more often that not. Watching Big Mak he starts off on the back post but drifts in towards the ball. Hold your ground and attack the ball and while your at it bash a few people up along the way. Think we need to send him to Norwich like we did with Scotty for a diet of angry pills.
  • Options
    60years of watching Charlton one of the most abject centre forward displays
    I can remember,for a big fella powder puff.
  • Options
    Was hard at the end seeing Ipswich celebrate a well deserved win where they didn't really have to get into second gear. We huffed and puffed but they always looked comfortable. The frustrating thing is that I felt there were more talented players on our XI compared with theirs. Today showed the difference it makes having a spine of players and a manager who understand the championship and know what it takes to win games in one of the most unique leagues in the world.
  • Options
    edited November 2015
    We have more 'talented' footballers than Salford City Reds, but judging by what I saw on the telly the other day we don't have 10% of their team ethic, or desire to succeed collectively.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2Zu9EU3CG0Q
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    PWR
    Can't always blame the officials but they got so much wrong today! The arm smash into Solly's face for their first goal was so obvious but unmissed. Big Mak had a bad day but he didn't get many decisions in his favour either. He even booked him for an innocuous challenge.
    Please let Captain fantastic be ok quickly as we fell apart after he went off. How can we be relying on a youngster in Lookman to save us? As good as he is and will be, Ipswich were cynically physical and so will other teams be, which is unfair on Ade.
  • Options
    If I was Karel Fraeye I'd be rather chuffed at that. Taking on a championship side that has won domestic leagues,cups and played successfully in Europe and keeping it to a respectable 0-3 home shoeing.
    How he has got this gig God (Roland) only knows.
  • Options
    edited November 2015
    Tweet from Jason.

@jasoneuell: Disappointed about the result earlier.We showed how good we can be in periods,but being clinical made the difference IMO. We go again! #cafc
  • Options

PWR
    Can't always blame the officials but they got so much wrong today! The arm smash into Solly's face for their first goal was so obvious but unmissed. Big Mak had a bad day but he didn't get many decisions in his favour either. He even booked him for an innocuous challenge.
    Please let Captain fantastic be ok quickly as we fell apart after he went off. How can we be relying on a youngster in Lookman to save us? As good as he is and will be, Ipswich were cynically physical and so will other teams be, which is unfair on Ade.

Don't agree, I thought SM could have gone for the challenge he got yellow for. I thought he was frustrated and swung his arm with intent. Not seen it on tv so willing to stand corrected.
  • Options
    Makienok is not good enough, he's 6ft9 or whatever but can't play the Andy Carroll long ball game well enough. Everything seems to go through him and he isn't up to that style of play. Vaz Te and Lookman next game please.
  • Options

This performance was nowhere near as bad as the Brentford and Preston games. Nowhere near

And even Brentford wasn't even as bad as Preston.
  • Options
    Beaten easily by an at best average side. Only positives for me were the performances of Lookman & THD. Vaz Te looks like he could offer us something up front, in fact I've just watched that save from his header back on tv it was truly outstanding.