Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Charlton v Cardiff | Sat 23 Nov | 12:30 KO | Post-match thread

Frustrating ending after a great start and first half. Finished 2-2.

Cullen going off injured was difference that let Cardiff back in.

We attacked well. Doughty looks very good. Oshilaja also. 

With the injuries we have, the squad is threadbare. That’s on Roland.

Comments

• Options
    Disappointing end to a match when we’d looked so comfortable up until their penalty. 
  • Options
    I don't think you can blame the sheer amount of bad luck with injuries on Roland, for sure we have the smallest squad and lowest budget in the league, but you have to take your hat to bows for even making us competitive. 
  • Options
    Since August our form hasn't been good at all.

9 points from 11 games. 
  • Options
    Should have won that. Think we need to do some work defensively. When we finally get some luck with injuries we'll be fine 
  • Options
    Neither team had the feel of relegation fodder.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Obviously disappointed we didn't get all three points but a draw is a fair result. I'm really worried we'll struggle for the rest of the season if we don't get any new players in.
  • Options
    So is that it then.  An injury a game.  We're starting to run out.
  • Options
    Disappointment and relief in equal measure. Should have won, but at least we got a point.

I did think at two goals up with a saved penalty and an ungiven penalty that perhaps our tv hoodoo was broken, but it doesn't quite look like it now conceding two and Cullum getting what looks like a nasty injury.

Of our missing players, I'm not sure who I'm looking forward to the return of most. The thought of getting Taylor back and how he might team up with the magnificent Bonne is truly mouthwatering. Then again, if Williams came back and we never had to see Oztumer again, that might be even better. 
  • Options
    Another point.
    Just keep ticking things over until what will essentially be like a new team in the new year for a playoff push!
  • Options
    edited November 2019
    CH4RLTON said:
    I don't think you can blame the sheer amount of bad luck with injuries on Roland, for sure we have the smallest squad and lowest budget in the league, but you have to take your hat to bows for even making us competitive. 
    We can't lay the blame on Roland for injuries? He funds the team, we end up loaning half decent players but the ones we buy have to perform at their absolute limit to be on par with the opposition, this in my opinion is why they're getting injured. Out lack of strength in depth means we have no options to rest players...

We now know why we brought in so many midfielders.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    vffvff
    edited November 2019
    Good first half. Charlton passed the ball well and stretched a disorganised Cardiff defence.

Phillips good save from penalty. No one picking up the player at the edge of the box for the Cardiff first goal. I hope Cullen injury is not as bad as it looks. Only looking like one winner after that as Charlton looked disorganised.  Doughty & Morgan did well when coming on. Charlton's passing  held up well.  Lots of good positions in the box. Could have easily won it (&lost it from Bogle chance).

Impressed with the fight & character in the team. 

• Options
    Didn't get to see the game , but feel like someone who's just lost a ten pound note and then found a fiver.
  • Options
    Since August our form hasn't been good at all.

9 points from 11 games. 
    Bows knew this looking at the squad in the summer. He's new to managing but knows a squad and could see why we would be doing really well to stay up. Not much he can do with what he's got left. It's up to them to do what they can and hope come May it's enough. Satisfied with a point as it looked to be slipping away from us. 
  • Options
    Cullen was in the tunnel with a protective boot on 
  • Options
    Cullen was in the tunnel with a protective boot on 
    Doesn’t mean anything, Charlton have a job lot of those...
  • Options
    Dazzler21 said:
    CH4RLTON said:
    We can't lay the blame on Roland for injuries? He funds the team, we end up loaning half decent players but the ones we buy have to perform at their absolute limit to be on par with the opposition, this in my opinion is why they're getting injured. Out lack of strength in depth means we have no options to rest players...

We now know why we brought in so many midfielders.
    That's true but getting the players in early, so they have a good pre season enabling them to build up core fitness, helps the players withstand the demands of the season. Its allows the physios and medical team to also know where the players are physically. 

That's on Duchatelet the last minute approach to getting players in. Agree on the players being on the limit and not able to be rested due to lack of strength in depth.