Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Charlton v Cardiff | Sat 23 Nov | 12:30 KO | Post-match thread

12345679»

Comments

• Options
    When the season started,I looked at the squad and thought ,who is he going to leave out every week,no one could have foreseen this injury crisis.

I respectfully beg to differ.  We have had an injury crisis every season for the last 5 or 6 years.
  • Options
    Redrobo said:
    Watching Leko closely, it seems to be that he has a touch of the Franz Carr's about him - that is one for the old lifer's!

What I mean by that is that, is that his best asset is obviously his pace, but he seems so determined to show that he has more to offer that he seems reluctant to use it, so ends up making it more complicated than it needs to be.

This means that rather than running beyond the last man, as he did for his goal, he ends up coming short trying to link the play, and ends up making bad decisions, and costing us possession.

Definitely a player in there, but whether we get to see it in the year that we have him, I am not so sure.

I agree, and Bows has made him a better player - 4 goals in 15 for us. The rest of his career? 1 in the other 34. Total now is 5 in 49.

For me he is more winger than striker at the moment. He took his goal really well on Saturday and has the potential to be a good striker, but he needs to get on the shoulder more so he can use his pace, and move from the centre to the wing to receive the ball at pace.

Too often he is standing still to receive the ball. He has a lovely touch and a box of tricks, but need to use these skills with the pace. I am not sure if he will ever have a better chance to make that progression and being more focused on scoring would make him more direct and he could surprise himself.
    It was another deflected goal.... 
  • Options
    When the season started,I looked at the squad and thought ,who is he going to leave out every week,no one could have foreseen this injury crisis.
    With regards Bowyers contract,the main fear for me is West Ham,Peligreni cant last much lomger,bowyer would not have to move house,and he would be a popular manager with the West Ham fans.

Disagree. West Ham fans have deluded themselves that they should be challenging top 6 and competing with the likes of manure. They wont be happy with a manager who hasn't managed above the championship and even then doesn't have that much experience at that level.
  • Options

I respectfully beg to differ.  We have had an injury crisis every season for the last 5 or 6 years.
    Yup. We do seem to get an awful lot of injuries. Compared to others. Especially those mid to long term ones that really knock the stuffing out of the squad. 
  • Options
    With regards Bowyers contract,the main fear for me is West Ham,Peligreni cant last much lomger,bowyer would not have to move house,and he would be a popular manager with the West Ham fans.

Bowyer's contract situation is irrelevant if a PL club wanted him and he wanted the job. They'd just pay the compensation required
  • Options
    RedManS said:
    Redrobo said:
    Watching Leko closely, it seems to be that he has a touch of the Franz Carr's about him - that is one for the old lifer's!

What I mean by that is that, is that his best asset is obviously his pace, but he seems so determined to show that he has more to offer that he seems reluctant to use it, so ends up making it more complicated than it needs to be.

This means that rather than running beyond the last man, as he did for his goal, he ends up coming short trying to link the play, and ends up making bad decisions, and costing us possession.

Definitely a player in there, but whether we get to see it in the year that we have him, I am not so sure.

I agree, and Bows has made him a better player - 4 goals in 15 for us. The rest of his career? 1 in the other 34. Total now is 5 in 49.

For me he is more winger than striker at the moment. He took his goal really well on Saturday and has the potential to be a good striker, but he needs to get on the shoulder more so he can use his pace, and move from the centre to the wing to receive the ball at pace.

Too often he is standing still to receive the ball. He has a lovely touch and a box of tricks, but need to use these skills with the pace. I am not sure if he will ever have a better chance to make that progression and being more focused on scoring would make him more direct and he could surprise himself.
    It was another deflected goal.... 
    Give the fella a break ....... Leko's scored because he's got himself in the right place at the right time - and shoots.

Many strikes nick off a defender, that's part of the game.

• Options
    edited November 2019
    West Ham are so far up their own arses nowadays they will look further afield than SE7 thank Christ.