Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Charlton v Cardiff | Sat 23 Nov | 12:30 KO | Post-match thread

Comments

• Options
    Disapointing threw it away again. We Really need to not score until the second half! 
    Doughty looks ace! Id definitely give him a game, give leko a rest. Oztumer good. NBot sure about oshulaja in midfield but with cullen in a brace (they said ankle ligament damage?) spose we need him there! 
  • Options
    Roland is probably looking at recent form and thinking about sacking Bow, knowing him.
  • Options
    Roland is probably looking at recent form and thinking about sacking Bow, knowing him.
    Roland don't give a shit!

And the proof, if needed will come in January.
  • Options
    I thought offside for their first goal but not mentioned at all by Sky. 

Leko with another deflected goal - is that all 4 goals via deflections? Very frustrating to watch, he seems to have no natural footballing instinct. Mind you, I used to think that about Grant.

Sky majoring on the Bowyer contract situation which seems a little odd to me as it still has 7 months to run. For all we know, Roland plans to review it and extend in the New Year. Does Roland not realise this is the most successful the club has been since he has been owner, all down to Lee and his team. If he wants to maximise his return on a sale, maintaining our Championship status is essential and Lee, JJ etc are the  guys to do it.
    I believe it’s as Darren stated, the owner doesn’t care. 
  • Options
    Thought LB's interview was a cry for help!

Can CARD come up with some sort of idea how to support Lee but heap pressure on the Douch????

It's clear Lee wants to stay which is a minor miracle considering our recent history!

We will lose him and the backroom staff especially once we get safe (being positive)
    if nothing is forthcoming from Belgium. 
  • Options
    bows will defo be off i reckon. Looked down today. 
  • Options
    Vincenzo said:
    Anyone else see Curtis Nelson kick Bonne in the head when he was on the deck? Sky showed it. Looked quite deliberate.
    Definitely deliberate. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Thought bonne was ace today, dont normally rate him but seems hes come on a lot 
  • Options
    Our injured xi

GK - Amos
    LB - Page
    CM - Kayal, JFC, Field, Lapslie, Cullen
    CAM - Williams, Aneke
    ST - Taylor, Hemed

Doubtful after today - Oztumer, Deji
  • Options
    Watched on the tellybox........

Feels like a loss when you only get a point from being 2-0 up......HOWEVER, a point is more than we started the day with and when missing 3 or 4 players that would walk into the starting line-up I think you just have to take it & move on. Don't forget they can bring on experienced players like Tomlin & we bring on a player who has never played a league game in his life.

Thought Bonne, Gallagher & Oztumer played well, although the little fella needs to shoot a bit more instead of trying a delicate pass when inside the box. Dougherty impressed when he came on & I'd have him playing instead of Leko on tues night. Back 5 were strong & worked better with Pearce on the left rather than Sarr.....and Oshilaja & Lockyer both bring the ball out well too. 

Really thought we were the only ones going to win it at the end & their defender made a great block otherwise Bonne would have grabbed an injury time winner (No complaints from me there as opposed to a pp who thinks Bonne missed some chances....really..??).

Still think we will be safe come May - just need to get a few players back and the wins will start coming again. 
    That would be me. what a “pp”?   I assume your mean “previous poster”. 
  • Options
    Our injured xi

GK - Amos
    LB - Page
    CM - Kayal, JFC, Field, Lapslie, Cullen
    CAM - Williams, Aneke
    ST - Taylor, Hemed

Doubtful after today - Oztumer, Deji
    Don’t fancy going in to a game with 1 defender - particularly as it’s Page, he will pick a 2nd injury after 10 mins as well. 
  • Options
    Worrying that we're only missing 1 defender and I'd still say that's our weakest area by some distance. 
  • Options

Can CARD come up with some sort of idea how to support Lee but heap pressure on the Douch????

It's clear Lee wants to stay which is a minor miracle considering our recent history!

We will lose him and the backroom staff especially once we get safe (being positive)
    Read what Gallen said about it:

https://www.castrust.org/2019/11/gallen-lee-is-desperate-to-stay/

Surely the Covered End could at least get a chant going?
  • Options
    Watched on the tellybox........

Feels like a loss when you only get a point from being 2-0 up......HOWEVER, a point is more than we started the day with and when missing 3 or 4 players that would walk into the starting line-up I think you just have to take it & move on. Don't forget they can bring on experienced players like Tomlin & we bring on a player who has never played a league game in his life.

Thought Bonne, Gallagher & Oztumer played well, although the little fella needs to shoot a bit more instead of trying a delicate pass when inside the box. Dougherty impressed when he came on & I'd have him playing instead of Leko on tues night. Back 5 were strong & worked better with Pearce on the left rather than Sarr.....and Oshilaja & Lockyer both bring the ball out well too. 

Really thought we were the only ones going to win it at the end & their defender made a great block otherwise Bonne would have grabbed an injury time winner (No complaints from me there as opposed to a pp who thinks Bonne missed some chances....really..??).

Still think we will be safe come May - just need to get a few players back and the wins will start coming again. 
    That would be me. what a “pp”?   I assume your mean “previous poster”. 
    Yes.
  • Options

Read what Gallen said about it:

https://www.castrust.org/2019/11/gallen-lee-is-desperate-to-stay/

Surely the Covered End could at least get a chant going?
    Along the lines of ‘Give bowyer a 3 year contract, more money, bupa, dental insurance, company car, 25 days annual leave...’ ?

• Options
    edited November 2019
    stonemuse said:
    Off_it said:
    Bowyer's post match interview doesn't instil me with confidence. Roland needs to pull his finger out.
    For those that didn't hear it he said that it is frustrating that he hasn't been given a contract like all the other Championship managers but all the time he is here he will give his all.
    Yeah, it was the "as long as I'm here" bit that didnt fill me with confidence.
    Nor me.

That twat Duchatelet will have a lot to answer for if Lee goes, especially as it is so obvious that he wants to stay. 
    He doesn’t give a shit. They way Bowyer and the rest of his back room team have been treated is disgusting. If I was Bowyer I’d have told him to poke his 1 year contract in the summer. 
    One year contract a pisstake.
    Murray got rid of Curbs cos he wouldn’t extend beyond the one year left on his contract and now Bowyer isn’t given more than one year , absolute joke club .
    Perhaps Murray will break his vow of silence to support Bowyer. After all, if Gallen can say something publicly why can’t he?

The Sky stuff will be orchestrated from within.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    stonemuse said:
    Off_it said:
    Bowyer's post match interview doesn't instil me with confidence. Roland needs to pull his finger out.
    For those that didn't hear it he said that it is frustrating that he hasn't been given a contract like all the other Championship managers but all the time he is here he will give his all.
    Nor me.

That twat Duchatelet will have a lot to answer for if Lee goes, especially as it is so obvious that he wants to stay. 
    He doesn’t give a shit. They way Bowyer and the rest of his back room team have been treated is disgusting. If I was Bowyer I’d have told him to poke his 1 year contract in the summer. 
    Murray got rid of Curbs cos he wouldn’t extend beyond the one year left on his contract and now Bowyer isn’t given more than one year , absolute joke club .
    Perhaps Murray will break his vow of silence to support Bowyer. After all, if Gallen can say something publicly why can’t he?
    When was the last time he said anything , about anything?

Is he still the chairman?
  • Options
    This is the time something should happen on the contract front, but sadly Roland won't do anything.
  • Options
    Off_it said:
    stonemuse said:
    Off_it said:
    Nor me.

Hasn’t been chairman since 2016. 
  • Options
    stonemuse said:
    Off_it said:
    Nor me.

The Sky stuff will be orchestrated from within.
    Murray hasn’t got the bollocks. 
  • Options
    Off_it said:
    stonemuse said:
    Off_it said:
    Nor me.

So who is then?
  • Options
    Off_it said:
    Off_it said:
    stonemuse said:
    Off_it said:
    Nor me.

So who is then?

• Options
    edited November 2019
    As everyone says Leko can be a very frustrating player. If something goes wrong or doesn't come off he gets so dejected. I think he needs to see a psychologist. In saying that the movement for his goal was brilliant.  Sadly we need the quality of Williams and Taylor to win these games. Hopefully Pratley and Cullen aren't out too long.
  • Options
    IT_Andy said:
    As everyone says Leko can be a very frustrating player. If something goes wrong or doesn't come off he gets so dejected. I think he needs to see a psychologist. In saying that his movement for his goal was brilliant.  Sadly we need the quality of Williams and Taylor to win these games. Hopefully Pratley and Cullen aren't out too long.
    Leko's biggest problem is he seems to be asleep on his feet.

Has all the ability but not the mentality and drive.
    What a player he could be if the penny finally drops.

• Options
    IT_Andy said:
    As everyone says Leko can be a very frustrating player. If something goes wrong or doesn't come off he gets so dejected. I think he needs to see a psychologist. In saying that the movement for his goal was brilliant.  Sadly we need the quality of Williams and Taylor to win these games. Hopefully Pratley and Cullen aren't out too long.
    He played a cracking threw ball to Bonne in the second half too.