Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Charlton v Cardiff | Sat 23 Nov | 12:30 KO | Post-match thread

Comments

• Options
    Leuth said:
     "Then again, if Williams came back and we never had to see Oztumer again, that might be even better."

This week's candidate for 'watched the game through a blindfold' is...Stig?!
    No doubt he played well, but if you didn't see the numerous occasions when his decision making was poor then you need to open your eyes. 
  • Options
    A very entertaining game - we need to be more clinical in front of goal. Need to start winning.
  • Options
    Dazzler21 said:
    Sky sports really overcelebrating the cardiff performance.
    Must need to sell some subscriptions in that part of the world 
  • Options
    Darren Bent and Scott Minto both saying will Bowyer still be here if the owner doesn't sort out a contract for LB. Followed that up by "and who would come here to replace him....no-one if this is how its run" (words to that effect). LB looked very down in his after match interview, especially when he said he would like a contract like everyone else in the Championship! I'm fearing that LB is getting to the end of his tether with RD and he and his backroom team may just about have had enough of the lack of any ambition from RD. 

• Options
    edited November 2019
    Impressed with doughty. Looked very dangerous when he came on. Little oz was brilliant and bonnes hold up play and knock ons were very well executed.

Knew we wouldn't win as soon as we started singing Harris what's the score.
    Why is it when the cardiff fans have been quiet for about 15 minutes or so some muppet in the upper north starts a chant ‘your support is fcking ahit’ And other muppets up there join in and wake up the away fans and encourage them to get behind their team ?
    I so agree - very annoying ... get behind our team instead
  • Options
    Oz and Oshilaja have also picked up knocks according to Louis Mendez.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Darren Bent and Scott Minto both saying will Bowyer still be here if the owner doesn't sort out a contract for LB. Followed that up by "and who would come here to replace him....no-one if this is how its run" (words to that effect). LB looked very down in his after match interview, especially when he said he would like a contract like everyone else in the Championship! I'm fearing that LB is getting to the end of his tether with RD and he and his backroom team may just about have had enough of the lack of any ambition from RD. 

I agree. I think Bowyer will go if he's not given more support from our owner. I can understand his frustration. And I think the injuries are directly related to the lack of investment/support. The players, literally, are giving 110% and punching above their weight. The Championship is a brutal league and with the intensity we're picking up injuries. I believe Bowyer knows that and that's a lot of his frustration.
  • Options
    Would the first cardiff goal be offside? He was in an offside position when the first shot comes in. 
    Definitely.

Cant believe nobody else mentioned it. Sky completely ignored it.
  • Options
    Would the first cardiff goal be offside? He was in an offside position when the first shot comes in. 
    I thought that at first, but it comes off our man last.
    Hes offside when the first shot came in
  • Options
    edited November 2019
    I picked up on the offside in the match thread but got told it was onside... would be good to see replays.
  • Options
    Dazzler21 said:
    Comes off one of our players so no. 
    Offside
  • Options
    Bowyer's post match interview doesn't instil me with confidence. Roland needs to pull his finger out.
    For those that didn't hear it he said that it is frustrating that he hasn't been given a contract like all the other Championship managers but all the time he is here he will give his all.
    Yeah, it was the "as long as I'm here" bit that didnt fill me with confidence.
  • Options
    Off_it said:
    And the ball deflected off a red shirt, wasn’t deliberately played.  Same phase of play therefore offside, I thought
  • Options
    Off_it said:
    Bowyer's post match interview doesn't instil me with confidence. Roland needs to pull his finger out.
    For those that didn't hear it he said that it is frustrating that he hasn't been given a contract like all the other Championship managers but all the time he is here he will give his all.
    Yeah, it was the "as long as I'm here" bit that didnt fill me with confidence.
    Nor me.

That twat Duchatelet will have a lot to answer for if Lee goes, especially as it is so obvious that he wants to stay. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    CatAddick said:
    Off_it said:
    And the ball deflected off a red shirt, wasn’t deliberately played.  Same phase of play therefore offside, I thought
    Not how I saw it, definitely felt it was offside. 
  • Options
    CatAddick said:
    Off_it said:
    Pretty sure that Dillon was gesticulating towards the Lino about this as soon as the ball went in. 
  • Options
    Lots of helmets about spouting absolute nonsence around me today. 

I don't mind swearing, shouting, at all but commentating all fucking game about how shit everyone is. 

The commentary through the game from some is fucking annoying and swear it'll end up in a row before the end of the season. 

Today weren't to be, bonne was great, looks a seasoned champ striker after 10 games or whatever. Loved seeing Albie back, kid is class, add a better Oztumer, seeing doughty get minutes, Gallagher being Gallagher and then watching a prem side last season nick a draw, time waste against a team with 10 injuries who've spent fck all money playing a team of youngsters I've walked away happy regardless. 

Great performance, marred by a couple of episodes of bad luck conceding. 

We had 10 similar chances that they scored two.
    Just one of them days

I could see our weak link today but not going to jump in two footed on him. 

COYR
    Totally agree. The helmets at our club are putting me off going more than Duchatelet. 
  • Options
    Death by a thousand injuries .
    A more heartening performance but a draw was probably a fair result .
    Can’t see when the next win will be , we look flappy at the back when attacked .
    Safety should be achieved but is by no means guaranteed .
    9 points from 11 games is scaring me .

Good numbers from Cardiff .

I love Scott Minto and Darren Bent Bent Bent 
  • Options
    Vincenzo said:
    Lots of helmets about spouting absolute nonsence around me today. 

I don't mind swearing, shouting, at all but commentating all fucking game about how shit everyone is. 

The commentary through the game from some is fucking annoying and swear it'll end up in a row before the end of the season. 

Today weren't to be, bonne was great, looks a seasoned champ striker after 10 games or whatever. Loved seeing Albie back, kid is class, add a better Oztumer, seeing doughty get minutes, Gallagher being Gallagher and then watching a prem side last season nick a draw, time waste against a team with 10 injuries who've spent fck all money playing a team of youngsters I've walked away happy regardless. 

Great performance, marred by a couple of episodes of bad luck conceding. 

We had 10 similar chances that they scored two.
    Just one of them days

I could see our weak link today but not going to jump in two footed on him. 

COYR
    Totally agree. The helmets at our club are putting me off going more than Duchatelet. 
    I agree, pockets of idiots starting to appear in the North Upper again this season, probably why the atmosphere hasn't been as good as last season.
  • Options
    I thought offside for their first goal but not mentioned at all by Sky. 

Leko with another deflected goal - is that all 4 goals via deflections? Very frustrating to watch, he seems to have no natural footballing instinct. Mind you, I used to think that about Grant.

Sky majoring on the Bowyer contract situation which seems a little odd to me as it still has 7 months to run. For all we know, Roland plans to review it and extend in the New Year. Does Roland not realise this is the most successful the club has been since he has been owner, all down to Lee and his team. If he wants to maximise his return on a sale, maintaining our Championship status is essential and Lee, JJ etc are the  guys to do it.