Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Charlton v Cardiff | Sat 23 Nov | 12:30 KO | Post-match thread

Comments

• Options
    Would the first cardiff goal be offside? He was in an offside position when the first shot comes in. 
    I thought that at first, but it comes off our man last.
  • Options
    Croydon said:
    Not good enough. Can't believe people are taking us throwing away a 2 goal lead to such an average team so well. Good result in the circumstances? It's an absolute waste. 
    Our team isn't good enough with about 14 fit players and we could have scored about 5 goals against a team who has come down from the Premier League
  • Options
    edited November 2019
    Doughty looks very good and looked more of threat than Leko. Shame we couldn’t take more of our chances. Hopefully Cullen injury not too serious and just need more of the same on Tuesday please.
  • Options
    vff said:
    Dazzler21 said:
    CH4RLTON said:
    I don't think you can blame the sheer amount of bad luck with injuries on Roland, for sure we have the smallest squad and lowest budget in the league, but you have to take your hat to bows for even making us competitive. 
    We can't lay the blame on Roland for injuries? He funds the team, we end up loaning half decent players but the ones we buy have to perform at their absolute limit to be on par with the opposition, this in my opinion is why they're getting injured. Out lack of strength in depth means we have no options to rest players...

We now know why we brought in so many midfielders.
    That's true but getting the players in early, so they have a good pre season enabling them to build up core fitness, helps the players withstand the demands of the season. Its allows the physios and medical team to also know where the players are physically. 

That's on Duchatelet the last minute approach to getting players in. Agree on the players being on the limit and not able to be rested due to lack of strength in depth.
    They won’t need to be rested. After today’s performances I bet each and every one of those players can’t wait for Tuesday night. 
  • Options
    Fair result in the end. Running out of bodies and a a few of them were blowing out of their arses for the last 10 mins. All that said, throwing away a 2 goal lead is so frustrating.
    speaking of frustrating - Leko again. Spends far to much strutting about and not doing very much. A couple of times we were about to start a move up and he had his back to the play. Tidy finish for the goal, but he needs to do much more....given the injury list, he hasn’t got anybody breathing down his neck so it’s the ideal opportunity for him to take his chance and keep the shirt when players get back fit. 

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    Would the first cardiff goal be offside? He was in an offside position when the first shot comes in. 
    That’s what I said at the time, agreed. 
  • Options
    Comes off one of our players so no. 
  • Options
    Leuth said:
     "Then again, if Williams came back and we never had to see Oztumer again, that might be even better."

This week's candidate for 'watched the game through a blindfold' is...Stig?!
    He's got to learn to pass the ball in front of the man, not behind. Until he can do that I think I'd rather wear a blindfold than put up with the disappointment.
  • Options
    edited November 2019
    Leuth said:
     "Then again, if Williams came back and we never had to see Oztumer again, that might be even better."

This week's candidate for 'watched the game through a blindfold' is...Stig?!
    In fairness Ozzy was doing Williams' shoot on sight that didn't work last season and isn't this season.

Williams changed his game to be fantastic. If Ozzy can see a pass sooner, he could definitely be back up to Williams in the same role.
  • Options
    Bowyer's post match interview doesn't instil me with confidence. Roland needs to pull his finger out.
  • Options
    Bowyer's post match interview doesn't instil me with confidence. Roland needs to pull his finger out.
    For those that didn't hear it he said that it is frustrating that he hasn't been given a contract like all the other Championship managers but all the time he is here he will give his all.
  • Options
    We were very unconvincing against a very poor side.

Without Cullen and Gallagher we would really struggle but Bonne and Oshi did well first half and both youngsters did well second half.

Lee looked very frustrated.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Oztumer was good, Oshijala got better as the game went on. Bonne did well, Gallagher good.
    Impressed with Doughty.
  • Options
    The assist from Leko for the first goal is the funniest you’ll see probably ever. Sums him up. Then the second goal a deflection. He’s unpredictable but you’ve gotta love him 💕 
  • Options
    Bonne contributed to play brilliantly with his holding up and running. However he missed at least three clear chances including yet another airshot which is what he’s there for primarily. I’m not knocking him as he’s doing far better then we could have hoped and he shouldn’t actually be playing if plan A worked. But I can’t give him 9 or 10 because he didn’t do the important bit which was to score. He could have and should have today. 
  • Options
    vff said:
    Dazzler21 said:
    CH4RLTON said:
    I don't think you can blame the sheer amount of bad luck with injuries on Roland, for sure we have the smallest squad and lowest budget in the league, but you have to take your hat to bows for even making us competitive. 
    We can't lay the blame on Roland for injuries? He funds the team, we end up loaning half decent players but the ones we buy have to perform at their absolute limit to be on par with the opposition, this in my opinion is why they're getting injured. Out lack of strength in depth means we have no options to rest players...

We now know why we brought in so many midfielders.
    That's true but getting the players in early, so they have a good pre season enabling them to build up core fitness, helps the players withstand the demands of the season. Its allows the physios and medical team to also know where the players are physically. 

That's on Duchatelet the last minute approach to getting players in. Agree on the players being on the limit and not able to be rested due to lack of strength in depth.
    They won’t need to be rested. After today’s performances I bet each and every one of those players can’t wait for Tuesday night. 
    Players will always want to play. 

If players pick up niggles, then strength in depth in a team allows the manager to give the player a rest, or put them on the bench, to bring them on late in the game. Resting players can prevent them picking up a bigger injury.