Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Queens Park Rangers v Charlton | Sat 21 Dec | 3pm KO | Post-match views

Comments

• Options
    Enjoyable game. First half hour was alarming again. Some positives to take. Taylor getting 90 minutes and a goal. Pleased for Naby. We didn't deserve to lose. When Cullen and Williams return we will be so much better. Naby up front. Gotta be better than Hemed? Happy Christmas all. Looking forward to Bristol city now.COYRs!!!
  • Options
    edited December 2019
    Naby is the most technically gifted player in our squad. Fact.
    I’m just off to fact-check that. 
    Didn’t take long @cantersaddick
    Resounding no! 😉
  • Options
    mendonca said:
    I feel Oshilaja should be getting more game time. Maybe at CB now.
    He played well against Boro and then was harshly dropped. Neither Pearce or Purrington are good enough for regular Championship football. 

Field, Cullen and Williams will be huge boosts but we look incapable of keeping a clean sheet which in turn makes it difficult to win matches. 

Hopefully we can keep Taylor and sign a couple, then we will be fine. 
  • Options
    Davo55 said:
    Davo55 said:
    RedPanda said:
    Can someone please confirm who messed up the back pass in the first half? When Phillips made the brilliant stop. 

6 people and we have 6 different answers (including Sarr, haha). I said Matthews, @nicholas is on Purrington. 
    It was definitely Purrington.
    To sum up, IT WAS FUCKIN PURRINGTON  ;)
    Which was one of the reasons he got subbed so early. Not a good day for him. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    rina said:
    Their fans have got to take some blame for conceding that, which is very pleasing as the lot in the corner facing the away end were a bunch of w.... The ball went out in the far end corner and the fans up there wouldn't give it back to Gallagher for the throw in. The ref therefore adds on about an extra 30 seconds that would not previously have been added. It was nearly, if not passed 5mins into injury time when Nabby scored.

Not been there for a while and forgot how cramped it is as a ground and generally quite sh*t. 
    there was 5 minutes of stoppage time on the board. the announcer got it wrong when he said 4

Thanks rina, hadn't realised that. 
  • Options
    Absolute rubbish first 30, could and should have been at least 3 down. Bowyer needs to learn that if you play a flat back 4 you must use your best defenders ie Pearce and Solly. Purrington not been the same since the injury. I feel Deji is being underused. Not won a game that Matthews gas played in. 

Morgan and Doughty outstanding. I dream of a Lockyer/Baeur pairing and Taylor Grant up front.  Oh well. 

The added time was confusing.  I went to loo after 4 added so missed the goal but not the celebrations. Ran past so many fans back to the station who had already left who wanted to know who scored.  Must have been at least 100 fans. Shit stadium but have to say thought QPR were impressive and if they could stiffen their defence are possible play off material. 
  • Options
    rina said:
    The half mile from the ground to the station just took 45 minutes and I'm glad it did as the atmosphere all the way to the platforms was electric. The last minute turned a dreary game into one that no one's going to forget for a long time
    And that's why I left with 10 mins to go
  • Options
    Defence is certainly creaking and needs an upgrade but who is the defensive coach ? 
  • Options
    edited December 2019
    Absolute rubbish first 30, could and should have been at least 3 down. Bowyer needs to learn that if you play a flat back 4 you must use your best defenders ie Pearce and Solly. Purrington not been the same since the injury. I feel Deji is being underused. Not won a game that Matthews gas played in. 

Morgan and Doughty outstanding. I dream of a Lockyer/Baeur pairing and Taylor Grant up front.  Oh well. 

The added time was confusing.  I went to loo after 4 added so missed the goal but not the celebrations. Ran past so many fans back to the station who had already left who wanted to know who scored.  Must have been at least 100 fans. Shit stadium but have to say thought QPR were impressive and if they could stiffen their defence are possible play off material. 
    Matthews has been decent to be fair, harsh on calling him out as being weak and saying the opposite on Pearce when he has been poor recently. 
    Solly is a better defender but Matthews offers a more attacking option.  When you regularly ship 2 goals a game me you tighten up. bowyer has chosen not to. Pearce is far more reliable than Sarr but hopefully both will be gone next year as both not Championship standard.
  • Options
    Such a shame he cant defend.
  • Options
    If your playing 4 at the back, you play Solly and Pearce.  If your playing 5/3 you don't play Solly.  Bowyer has got this wrong 3 or 4 times in the last few weeks.

Even if there is no take over we need a center half and a left back quick sharp.  Even if it means having 6 or more loans. 
  • Options
    If the EFL don’t agree the deal pdq then I can see Bowyer having to run with what he has. Will be a disaster.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Watching the highlights the defending looked really poor from the goals. But I feel that point is huge for us at the moment 
  • Options
    There's only one Naby Sarr, one Naby Sarr, walking along singing a song walking in a Naby wonderland. 
  • Options
    As I said on the match thread, we were awful first 30 mins & should have been 3 down. Played a lot better once we went 5 at the back & Dougherty is a natural wingback.....so much better than Purrington as some of his forays in the 2nd half were excellent, esp the one that ended up with his shot narrowly missing the far post. I still think Oshilaja should be given a go at right wingback.....but Solly should never play in front of either him or Matthews.

Thought Gallagher needs a rest (obvs cant atm) and the front 2 see feeding off scraps. Lyle opportunistic for his goal but nothing falling for Bonne atm. Gutted about Leko.

As for our fans. Ones around me were constantly slagging off Taylor, saying he should go & he's not putting the effort in. I wonder if they'll change their tune now we've heard LB's update. Fans also very quiet 2nd half.....no singing at all. I know we are in ths middle of a slump but almost 2800 of us & you could hear a pin drop. More noise at the tube station afterwards......

MOTM.........Phillips. his saves kept us in it. Without him we would have lost by 4 or 5.
  • Options

Matthews has been decent to be fair, harsh on calling him out as being weak and saying the opposite on Pearce when he has been poor recently. 
    Solly is a better defender but Matthews offers a more attacking option.  When you regularly ship 2 goals a game me you tighten up. bowyer has chosen not to. Pearce is far more reliable than Sarr but hopefully both will be gone next year as both not Championship standard.
    I agree that Solly is a better defender than Matthews but still think he’s done ok, including defensively. I also agree Pearce is slightly more reliable than Sarr but he has looked poor for a while now. Sarr seems to make his mistakes when the team isn’t doing well, I.e when the pressure is on. We definitely need a CB in January but can’t see why Oshilija hasn’t played more, especially as he played well in his last start. 
  • Options
    Cafc43v3r said:
    If your playing 4 at the back, you play Solly and Pearce.  If your playing 5/3 you don't play Solly.  Bowyer has got this wrong 3 or 4 times in the last few weeks.

Even if there is no take over we need a center half and a left back quick sharp.  Even if it means having 6 or more loans. 
    Yep, has to be the priority. I would go with 6 loanees as we need at least 3 in. 
  • Options
    As I said on the match thread, we were awful first 30 mins & should have been 3 down. Played a lot better once we went 5 at the back & Dougherty is a natural wingback.....so much better than Purrington as some of his forays in the 2nd half were excellent, esp the one that ended up with his shot narrowly missing the far post. I still think Oshilaja should be given a go at right wingback.....but Solly should never play in front of either him or Matthews.

Thought Gallagher needs a rest (obvs cant atm) and the front 2 see feeding off scraps. Lyle opportunistic for his goal but nothing falling for Bonne atm. Gutted about Leko.

As for our fans. Ones around me were constantly slagging off Taylor, saying he should go & he's not putting the effort in. I wonder if they'll change their tune now we've heard LB's update. Fans also very quiet 2nd half.....no singing at all. I know we are in ths middle of a slump but almost 2800 of us & you could hear a pin drop. More noise at the tube station afterwards......

MOTM.........Phillips. his saves kept us in it. Without him we would have lost by 4 or 5.
    What end were you in? We were loud up until our equaliser and deafening until they got their second. Atmosphere dipped after that but the scenes were unreal at the end. 
  • Options
    Off_it said:
    Such a shame he cant defend.
    Play him further foward in the Ya Ya Toure role. Might improve his game.
  • Options
    Sarr should be playing further up the field. Their first: liability. Our second: beautiful first touch. Reminded me of Miguel Llera.